VW DEALERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS?

• Creator
    Topic
    YJIM

Hi

does anyone know of any vw dealers offering discounts on motabilty at the moment?

many thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 306 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Newfie
      Participant

JCT 600 Hull. Will offer £500

VW ID.3 Tour 77 kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey
        On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus

Trev
        Participant

Don’t think that ones been shouted about enough @newfie … Brilliant.

For those further south Marshall’s South Oxford, and Reading dealerships are offering £350 off the AP of any vehicle…… wouldn’t hurt to tell them of JCT 600’s offer above – they might price-match.

Newfie
          Participant

I know its a bit out the way but it is on the west side of Hull just off the A63 which is the road that comes in from the M62.

Its funny as Marshalls are on the other side of the river in Scunthorpe and Grimsby. When I was originally looking last year I went to Marshall’s in Scunthorpe and they would not give anything and could not understand how Marshall’s (South Oxford) could do such an offer. It is total pot luck with a lot of places.

Trev
            Participant

LOL i can beat that Newfie, I went to Marshall’s North Oxford, and they wouldn’t give anything when South Oxford were offering £350 off!

Neither would Marshall’s Reading at the time, but when Chris Allsopp, salesperson/manager from South Oxford moved to the  Reading dealership, he offered the same discounts there.

My thinking is it’s the hunger of the sales manager to get the business along with an understanding of the books to find the discounts that can be passed on to the customer.

Participant

That’s a cracking deal on a new VW, 500 beans is 500 beans

I never hear about any similar discounts in Bonnie Scotland

Has anyone up here got any details of tempting offers?

When life hands you melons...,
                Make melonade!

Trev
                Participant

Winston – last year this dealership was offering £100 cashback. If local maybe worth an enquiry to see what they are prepared to do, they might match JCT 600’s offer. – https://www.hawcogroup.co.uk/volkswagen/motability/

I’ve noticed that cashback offers are less common to find on dealers websites as they once were last year, probably as JS mentioned in another thread, dealers have been ‘advised’ not to give discounts to customers.

3-0

JS
                  Participant

@Winston it seems we have the best of both worlds. not sure if it’s the same up there but some cracking deals down here in the south west. Just last week even although a main retailer for retail customers only you could of got 30% off shelf price.

Mind you I guess with Burns night having gone they had excess Haggis stock and wanted shot of it lol.

Participant

I’d drive to Hull for a £500 discount, that’s a no brainer ?

Yep about time we got a good result, I’m hoping for a 5 or 6 and then Chelski to do us a favour tomorrow

Make melonade!

Participant

Haha have you ever tried Haggis?

Make melonade!

Newfie
                        Participant

Hi Winston

The guy at JCT600 Hull you need is Roger and tell him I sent you   lol

Participant

If I make the journey I certainly will do, I’ll tell him that you said its a grand off the AP and he can take any discrepancies up with you Newfie lol

Make melonade!

Mike

Roger the dodger lol

Newfie
                              Participant

Cheers Winston

There goes my free coffee and biscuits every time i go in to see him lol

Participant

Lol

Got to make it worth my while travelling from Glasgow ?

Make melonade!

Newfie
                                  Participant

If you do take it up with Roger you will not regret it. He is a great guy and keeps you up to date without having to ask.

Participant

Thanks Newfie it’s great to get recommendations as ordering a car and the waiting game can be a stressful time

I’ve just extended my lease but I’m able to order a car anytime I want now, so I’ll save these details thanks

Make melonade!

Philjb

And I’d like to add marshals of reading were very very good, a great px price plus a £350 discount.

Plus the car I wanted, in the colour I wanted, above the spec I was expecting, with extras I’d of wanted free as my car was a cancelled order.

Id definitely use them again and I live more then 70 miles away.

YJIM

Thanks guys will call the dealers in the morning. Do they do anything off extras? I’m thinking Tiguan R line tech with full leathers, easier to clean but it’s 1715 extra.

Philjb

You’ll be lucky but it won’t hurt to ask.

Glos Guy
                                            Participant

Discount on optional extras is usually quite possible to achieve. When we ordered our Tiguan from Marshall’s we got £500 off the AP plus around £100 off the optional extras – but we did spend £2,800 on extras, so it wasn’t much of a percentage.

When I reflected on it afterwards, given the total outlay (AP plus options), I think I could have negotiated £600 off at a local VW dealer and saved the trek to Oxford (as I had got 10% off previously), but neither of the two VW dealers closer to where I live deserve our business so I didn’t want to go to them on principle!

Participant

My local VW dealer which I’ve had 2 Golfs off could only offer £200 off so I went to Johnson’s Solihull who gave me £500 off I picked up my Golf last March but now nearly a year old will take to my local dealer just 5 miles away for a service while I wait with coffee and hob nob

YJIM

Thanks again!

i haven’t managaed to speak to anyone just yet, but noticed the 1715 extra has got a lot of features already in the r line tech spec, surely these should be discounted from that figure?

Glos Guy
                                                  Participant

YJIM – I’m not sure that I understand your question, but if you mean that the description for leather trim (which is stupidly expensive, but does include a power drivers seat with 3 position memory, which is configurable to different keys / driver profiles etc) also mentions, for example, the fact that the seats are heated (which they are anyway on the SEL and R-Line Tech with cloth trim), then no, you don’t get any money off. It’s called marketing spin and many manufacturers are guilty of it!

RichieP
                                                    Participant

Hi

I ordered last week at swansway vw in Crewe. I’ve ordered a Tiguan SEL 190 4motion. I was offered £400 off without too much arm twisting. Lovely  young guy named mike.

So far I only have a verbal agreement although I have had confirmation of the order via mb.

They seem like a decent dealership. Just hoping the discount is remembered come collection day. ?

Richie

ChrisK
                                                      Participant

Hi I ordered last week at swansway vw in Crewe. I’ve ordered a Tiguan SEL 190 4motion. I was offered £400 off without too much arm twisting. Lovely young guy named mike. So far I only have a verbal agreement although I have had confirmation of the order via mb. They seem like a decent dealership. Just hoping the discount is remembered come collection day. ?

After ordering a Motability car I’ve always been given an invoice of sorts with the balance including AP and if any extras have been added to pay on collection of the vehicle and this is were any discounts should be showing too.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 306 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.