Volvo xc40

• Creator
    Topic
    Ellyr5
    Participant

Hi, not new to the forum but cannot recall username or password so have registered again! The forum is as always forever helpful.

Ive just signed up for a Volvo xc40 petrol automatic soft hybrid in Pearl white after a great test drive and excellent service from ‘Ben’ at Crawley showroom. Was a little tempted by the pale blue but it seemed a little too flat for me and I always love white! Felt very informed, valued and happy with our choice. May date given but I’m not banking on that but was assured to contact him anytime for updates. Seamless application accompanied by coffees.
      Currently have a Peugeot 3008 and will be happy to wave it goodbye but my other half not as much so! ?

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 378 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      anarchy21
      Participant

I asked about tints and my dealer said the same. They get a 3rd party to come in and do them and at the same price as you said.

Ellyr5
        Participant

Actually I recall it was the same with my previous car, a Ford kuga, a third party was used for tinted windows, I’m sure that was what they said or am I dreaming it!

Participant

Just got a call there to confirm that my car is still ready for collection Monday morning, and that it’s being valeted and washed today in anticipation of collection so it’s physically there by the sounds of it! Will keep you posted and send that proof of life pic 😜

The big day has arrived, enjoy it!

This will give the rest of us some hope that, someday, we might actually take delivery of our cars too. 😉

Participant

Good Luck StephJ147 … beep beep 🚙 💨

xx

nshaw
              Participant

StephJ147 – Hope you can go for a long fabulous drive today in the sunshine 🌞 😍  Was it electric or petrol you ordered?

Rose2505
                Participant

Stephj147

Happy new car day. Bringing hope to the rest of us.

StephJ147
                  Participant

Thank you guys – she’s here!!!! I’m in mild shock! He said Volvo have been a disaster behind the scenes, and the cars he’s been handing over so far have been Jan/Feb orders but Dec orders aren’t here yet. He wouldn’t give me more than that I’m afraid 😟. No newspaper to hand but here she is! 

Participant

Looks great! 👍

Ta for info from dealer, just maddening that Volvo can’t sort the situation out yet. That sounds to me, as I’ve suspected, that the Dec orders are blocked in at Zebrugge by all the milk floats that have been dumped there. I do recall something from Volvo saying that they’d obtained more holding lots which maybe explains why cars ordered at a later date have been shipped.

nshaw
                      Participant

Thank you guys – she’s here!!!! I’m in mild shock! He said Volvo have been a disaster behind the scenes, and the cars he’s been handing over so far have been Jan/Feb orders but Dec orders aren’t here yet. He wouldn’t give me more than that I’m afraid 😟. No newspaper to hand but here she is!

Yay, she looks fantastic, so pleased for you and thank you for quizzing the dealer! 😀 The car park theory might be right, Decembers are stuck behind all the later orders!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by nshaw.
                        Rose2505
                        Participant

Congratulations and happy driving.

It’s interesting to say the least any motability orders I’ve seen are all onyx black. It’s supposedly my December order that’s in my garage and has been delivered. But as you all say the information is scant if you manage to redeem any.

Sunflower12
                          Participant

Congratulations on your new vehicle, it’s lovely! Still no news on when mine will arrive-I ordered Crystal White on 020124. Hopefully not too much longer now, though.

Participant

I decided last night that if my car doesn’t come in the next few weeks I’ll go and test drive a Mazda CX-5. From what I can gather I could probably get one pretty much instantly from stock so that would be good. It’s a bit larger a vehicle than I wanted but Full leather and seats look great and everything on it. Like blind spot and adaptive cruise. Trouble is the £4k advance payment .. really off putting. 😟

nshaw
                              Participant

Interesting UncJ to hear your  second choice of car. I can only choose petrol and would need a local dealer ideally,

Thought I’d sit down and make a list of possibilities but probably comes down to ringing around and seeing what is on offer for immediate delivery.  I’d rather wait but how long for?! 🤷‍♀️

Participant

Interesting UncJ to hear your second choice of car. I can only choose petrol and would need a local dealer ideally, Thought I’d sit down and make a list of possibilities but probably comes down to ringing around and seeing what is on offer for immediate delivery. I’d rather wait but how long for?! 🤷‍♀️

Car is petrol and funnily enough Johnsons are also the Mazda dealer in Gloucester, just across the road I think. 😄

Participant

Aww 🥰 so happy for you Steph! She looks amazing 🤩 ☀️🧡☀️

The theory of blocked in cars is looking true isn’t it, I’ll personally wait for mine, there’s no other I really fancy.

UncJ Oooosh £4k is steep isn’t it, I’d try and hang on mate, it will come, it’s been a long slog but it will happen,

I test drove a Cupra and a huge SEAT SUV before I chose my Volvo, they were awful, the Cupra far too small inside and the SEAT suv was like a tank!!

anarchy21
                                    Participant

Agree with worth the wait. There’s other nice cars but Volvo was the best I drove, a bit stiff on rough roads, it’s no Land Rover but coupled with the low advance and very comfortable seats it beat everything else.

it is a shame they don’t do the xc90 as that would of been a perfect replacement for my current car.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by anarchy21.
                                      Participant

Agree with worth the wait. There’s other nice cars but Volvo was the best I drove, a bit stiff on rough roads, it’s no Land Rover but coupled with the low advance and very comfortable seats it beat everything else. it is a shame they don’t do the xc90 as that would of been a perfect replacement for my current car.

Agree I’d have XC90 too! If they ever come on MB … well if Volvo ever come back on MB 😂😂😂

nshaw
                                        Participant

What happens to everyone’s cancelled Motability Volvos? There must be a lot maybe in transit. Do they become available to someone ringing round? Say a January ordered one arrives at my local dealer or do they become retail and not for Motability customers? 🤔

anarchy21
                                          Participant

What happens to everyone’s cancelled Motability Volvos? There must be a lot maybe in transit. Do they become available to someone ringing round? Say a January ordered one arrives at my local dealer or do they become retail and not for Motability customers? 🤔

Just guessing, I think it depends on how far in production – dealer the vehicle is. The cancelled car could be sent as an early delivery to a dealer to add to their stock, put in a car park with the rest until required, sent back to Volvo compound, sent to another dealer to fulfil an order early or given to another customer on Motability with an order of the same spec or offered as a different spec to a customer of retail or Motability to have as an option. The cars are not billed to Motability until it’s delivered and the paperwork is signed as that’s when the contract is signed. So technically they can do whatever they wish with a car until then.

anarchy21
                                            Participant

Agree with worth the wait. There’s other nice cars but Volvo was the best I drove, a bit stiff on rough roads, it’s no Land Rover but coupled with the low advance and very comfortable seats it beat everything else. it is a shame they don’t do the xc90 as that would of been a perfect replacement for my current car.

Agree I’d have XC90 too! If they ever come on MB … well if Volvo ever come back on MB 😂😂😂

When I went to order the xc40 I had a test drive of the xc90 and I would definitely pay the extra ap for one. The added space and height in them is amazing.
                                              It’s a shame Volvo are having the problems they’re having

nshaw
                                              Participant

Thanks for that Anarchy21.

We need the easiest and smallest for  street parking! There are already 2 black and one white XC40 on our road hence going for blue!

anarchy21
                                                Participant

I’ve looked at different colours and my opinion the black looks best. Not seen many xc40s around here but lots of xc90s and 60s. The 40s I’ve seen have been in anything but black. A pig to keep clean in black.

Participant

I’ve looked at different colours and my opinion the black looks best. Not seen many xc40s around here but lots of xc90s and 60s. The 40s I’ve seen have been in anything but black. A pig to keep clean in black.

I liked the black in the showroom it was lovely, it was next to a Vapour Grey, equally as nice and I’d  seen quite a few black 60’s so I wanted to be different so I went Grey,

I do absolutely love the Red though too that I saw someone had ordered on here 👌🏽

Macca
                                                    Participant

Fusion Red is fairly easy to maintain too.

nshaw
                                                      Participant

In my search for another car option today all I’ve see is bright orange or lime green!!
                                                        Obviously  different makes and no one else wants them either 😂🤷‍♀️ All the Volvo colours are great, did contemplate changing my choice to grey on my way home.

The worst thing is they have my exact car sat at my dealership (grrr) looking at their list.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by nshaw.
                                                      Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 378 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.