Volvo to install in-car cameras to watch over drivers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brydo 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #72858 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

After rolling-out a 112mph speed-cap on all its cars from 2020, Volvo has now pledged to include driver-facing cameras and sensors in all its vehicles, too. The cameras and sensors should be present in all Volvo models by the early 2020s and will work to crackdown on – and look for – signs of driver distraction. Think checking your phone, being intoxicated and generally not paying attention to the road.

If distraction is detected, Volvo says the cars could either reduce the car’s speed, slow down and park the car – or contact Volvo’s on Call assistance service.

Like the speed-cap revealed earlier in the year, the new measures should boost Volvo’s progress towards Vision 2020, a mission to stop fatalities in cars by 2020. Volvo spoke to CAR earlier in the year about the system, and you can see what the Swedish brand originally said before.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/tech/volvo-driver-cameras/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #72977 Reply

ShadyAidy

Can I have a passenger facing camera too? Then it could tell my wife to stop distracting me whilst I’m driving 🙂

#73001 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

We should come up with a name for such a camera lol

#73020 Reply

davjg
    Participant

Dont worry, I spoke to Volvo last week and they confirmed that they are pulling out of the scheme. It has something to do with the number of cars already on the motorbility scheme.

#73029 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

What about “the moan monitor” or “the crab camera” lol

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Volvo to install in-car cameras to watch over drivers

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: