Volvo No Power can not Go faster that 56mph

• Creator
    Topic
  • #130629 Reply
    Martinod

So last night I went out in the Volvo XC60  I felt there was something  wrong with it

to change gear I needed to go to 3 thousand revs to change gear  got on the motorway  the service warning came up then went away , so on motorway to go to Costco (living the dream) and I couldn’t get it to go above 56mph in top gear , there was no power it was as if the breaks were on . I dropped a gear it dropped to 25mph 3 thousand revs , I thought I’m heading home did want it breaking down and being stuck on the M8 in the dark so I turned around and went home very slowly .

I phoned RAC it was about 7 , I told them there was no hurry as I was home so the said they would come out tomorrow 12 (so today ) hope your still with me.

Rac man arrived I told him the story he put on the computer to read the car there was no problem on the computer but there was a try angle on the dash. He looked in the engine and he couldn’t get the engine cover off he had to want a YouTube video on how to remove it , he was looking for fuel filter  but couldn’t find it.

He said there’s an approved Volvo dealer two miles aways he said but they might not use genuine parts I said no would you not put it on a flatbread and take it to the car dealer Taggarts Volvo in Hillingdon Glasgow about 20 miles away , so he arrange for the flat bed Lorry for  4pm , then their office call and said they would come tomorrow

between 8am and 12 to take it away so need to get up on time tomorrow.

Euro car called said we need to take £1 fuel deposit on you bank card ( that’s a bargain lol) said you have  a Volvo XC60 ok well give you a similar size car a Vauxhall Mokka

car came about 4 signed paperwork man said cars got a few marks  smashed front head light , marks on wing mirror , few other things and a cracked windscreen. So men went away it’s a manual hand break , because of my disabled I can’t use my left hand so I need to use my right hand to operate the hand break OMG he put it on that hard I really struggled to take it of thought I was going to have to get someone to do it for me.

So far we got there see how tomorrow goes and the dealer does if they find the problem.

what a long stressful day …

hope this wasn’t too long .

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130632 Reply
    72 dudes

Is it a diesel?

If so, I’d bet it’s due to lack of use recently and a blocked DPF or EGR valve. The D4 was known to suffer this problem.

The car obviously went into limp mode to protect the engine.

#130646 Reply
    Karen

That’s interesting…..I’m expecting my XC40 from the same Motability dealership & when I asked if I would be guaranteed an automatic (I can’t drive a manual either) if I ever needed a courtesy car, the advisor said yes.
    Hope you get sorted soon.

#130649 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Before handing over your Volvo I would have using my iPhone videoed my car inside and out, including the mileage, I would also done the same to the higher car. Over the top probably, your iPhone camera and video is date stamp with time and location.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#130656 Reply
    Martinod

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Oscarmax that strange you saying that my daughter said the same also when the RAC took the car today here was no pape because of COVID he said so I handed over my car to this  man dressed as an RAC person with no paperwork.</p>
    Yet euro car had paperwork for me to sign although I didn’t get a ,copy

Yes   72 dudes yes it’s diesel

they told me it was the same size  as xc60 so we went shopping today wife wanted to get out , so I put 4 big Asda bags in the boot it filled the boot we then went to Iceland got 3 24 pack of Pepsi max  (because it was a deal , but only wanted one )  had to put them on the back seat .

Theres no way I could go to Costco with it

#130678 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Oscarmax that strange you saying that my daughter said the same also when the RAC took the car today here was no pape because of COVID he said so I handed over my car to this man dressed as an RAC person with no paperwork.</p> Yet euro car had paperwork for me to sign although I didn’t get a ,copy Yes 72 dudes yes it’s diesel they told me it was the same size as xc60 so we went shopping today wife wanted to get out , so I put 4 big Asda bags in the boot it filled the boot we then went to Iceland got 3 24 pack of Pepsi max (because it was a deal , but only wanted one ) had to put them on the back seat . Theres no way I could go to Costco with it

Put the seats down!  Have been to Costco with a Hyundai i10 and a mother in law in the back!

#130690 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Car won’t go faster than 56MPH, sounds like Volvo have already implemented the EU’s speed restrictors two years early.😁

#130745 Reply
    Martinod

So just had taggart dealer on the phone to say the power loss was a crack in the boost pip and to get it replaced will cost me £348 plus vat  do I want to go a h dad with it , I said great thanks I said it’s a motability car so she hung up !

#130753 Reply
    Belfast4

I wouldn’t have told them it was motability, I would have just said of course fix it and anything else you think it needs. Then when collecting it when they hand you the bill say, did I not mention it was motability car.

#130756 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

So just had taggart dealer on the phone to say the power loss was a crack in the boost pip and to get it replaced will cost me £348 plus vat do I want to go a h dad with it , I said great thanks I said it’s a motability car so she hung up !

Are they going to fix it, Motability will require the defective part, and why did the RAC miss a crack in the boost pipe ? either a school boy error or the dealer is trying to pull a fast one.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#130757 Reply
    Belfast4

£31.00 on eBay for a turbo boost pipe.

#130758 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

£31.00 on eBay for a turbo boost pipe.

You had a look as well

#130770 Reply
    Martinod

I looked as well could believe how cheap it was compared to what they were charging ,  I think they are just pulling a fast one and taking advance , you need it fixed so you’ll pay if you were a retail customer . They did not phone me back. I do think car dealers take advantage of lease vehicles. I very disappointing with them .

#130773 Reply
    Richard

Yes your car would not go faster than 56mph because the crack in the pipe had put the car into limp mode ,so there was no further damage to the engine all cars have had it for at least the last 7 years maybe more.

#130870 Reply
    Karen

That’s disgraceful. What what will you do?
    I’m with the same dealership (get mine on Monday) & it’s really concerning that a Motability customer is being treated so shoddily. What a bunch of rip-off merchants.

#130871 Reply
    Martinod

No call today from the dealer ,

yes it’s a good point why did the. RAC not notice it

yes Karen they are all over you when your getting the car your new best friend,

I went with a few problem heated driver seat the back of it is sort of flacking away melting, it started to mark the back of my shirts told them they said we’ve looked at it they said you must have spilled stuff on it

the car was cutting out all the while drive and it wasn’t stop start they couldn’t find it I gooogled the problems and Volvo have be aware of the problems for years ,

so the sales man said to me when I was in how’s the car is it great , I told he the issues hi and the service team all said never heard of that before I said strange because I googled the issues and Volvo did know for years , sales man said oh I need to go.

But it’s been a good car apart from a few issues.

#130874 Reply
    Brydo

Karen I’m with the same dealer, when did you order your’s and which xc40 did you go for?

#130878 Reply
    Martinod

I think it will be the xc40 I’ll being for

#130888 Reply
    Brydo

Which one martinod?

When can you order?

Ours is due soon, we ordered last week of Q3 that’s why I asked Karen when she ordered to get an idea of when ours would arrive.

#130901 Reply
    Martinod

I haven order but the inspiration and it needs to be to 4×4  what one did you order

#130902 Reply
    Brydo

Inscription pro B4 auto petrol in white with blond leather.

#130906 Reply
    Martinod

So my cars ready I need to go n collect as they can’t deliver it

#130907 Reply
    Martinod

We are in lock down 4  north Lanarkshire did think we were to leave

#130914 Reply
    Karen

I ordered mine on 25th Sept-Inscription Pro B4P FWD auto (no packs added). Onyx black with blond leather. Original collection date end Dec then pushed back to mid Jan but got a call yesterday to say it’s on its way today so I can collect on Monday.
    Tier 4 means it’ll be click & collect at reception & the Motability advisor is very by the book so that will be interesting. My brain injury means I need a lot of time to go over stuff but once I’ve got it I’ll be fine.
    Can’t wait to say hello to my boy!

#130915 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Karen we must have just missed each other we were in on the same day. No word yet on our delivery but its likely it will be soon, based on your delivery.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#130916 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Martinod I’m sure you can leave to pick up your car, essential journeys only, i think a disabled person having their car would be covered by that.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Volvo No Power can not Go faster that 56mph
Your information: