Volkswagen Tiguan Match launched along with new 227bhp petrol engine

This topic contains 84 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Avatar HammerHead 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #68610 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

VW’s mid-sized SUV gets a better equipped Match base-model, a new range-topping R-Line Tech variant and a 227bhp turbo petrol engine
    Following its recent run-out edition Golf, Volkswagen has announced a series of tweaks to the line-up of the Tiguan SUV, including a new 227bhp petrol engine and a value-added Match model. This new trim level replaces the Tiguan SE and SE Nav models, offering more standard equipment at a reduced cost, with prices starting at £26,750.

The new base-model builds on the specification of the Tiguan SE Nav, adding a rear-view camera, parking assist, keyless entry and 19-inch alloy wheels. Other standard features include an eight-inch touchscreen with DAB radio and sat-nav, lane-keeping assist and a collision warning system.

Volkswagen will also replace the Tiguan’s range-topping R-Line trim level with a new R-Line Tech model. Prices start at £33,150 and, like the Match edition, it offers more standard equipment for less money, adding park assist, keyless entry, a 360-degree camera and a fully-electric tailgate to the outgoing R-Line Tiguan.

In addition, VW now offers the Tiguan with a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 227bhp and 350Nm of torque, borrowed from the current Golf GTI. It feeds its power to all four wheels through a seven-speed DSG, giving the Tiguan a 0-62mph time of 6.3 seconds and a top speed of 142mph. Available in both Match and R-Line Tech models, prices will start at £38,335.

The new engine and trim-levels are expected to hit showrooms later this month and will be available for both the standard Tiguan and the Tiguan Allspace 7-seater.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 9 replies - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #70106 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

It’s def covered by Motability, ive had it done numerous times in my last 2 cars

It’s sometimes easier just popping into Halfords and paying the £15 yourself as it’s hardly a bank buster

But if your car is in the dealership for any reason and they refill it then you don’t pay

#70109 Reply
    Glos Guy

I had the first AdBlue top up done (free of charge) at Heritage VW in Bristol recently. I hate going there as they have such a bad attitude and everything is a problem for them. They told me I might have to wait an hour to an hour and a half, but when I said that I could see no reason for that sort of delay for something that takes a few minutes they got the message and I had the car back in around 20 minutes. When I next opened the fuel filler cap they had splashed AdBlue all around the inside of it and I needed to get some damp kitchen roll to clean it all out. Next time it needs doing I am going to use the AdBlue pump in the HGV part of the motorway service station. It will cost me a tenner but that’s money well spent if I can minimise my visits to this dealership.

#70111 Reply
    Trev

I hear you Mike 700,

You received a good service from Marshalls, they topped up your adblue, gave the car a wash n valet, did various checks whilst supplying you with drinks and biscuits and was pleased with the less than £15 you paid.

That’s great, as long as you are happy, that’s all that matters really.

For the record Adblue, regardless of when a top-up is required, can be done free of charge at a dealership, who will charge motability. The dealer is not obliged to also do various checks, and give the car a wash n valet.

When i had a diesel on order i looked at the adblue top-up options and decided I would buy it myself seeing it’s less than £5 for 5 litres, it wouldn’t be worth the fuel, travel and wait time to have it done at a dealers.

But that’s an individual choice, as long as everyone is armed with the facts they can make the right choice for them, there is no wrong choice.

I’m glad you were pleased with the Marshall’s service Mike

#70268 Reply
    Philjb

Yes we had the choice of white or white so we left it.

Till a metallic grey came along.

Ive tested both and the comfort is night and day over the R, as I said no good for my joints. Plus the SEL you get pretty much the same kit.

But if your lucky and can’t find a cancelled order with a few extras it’s the same from the experience of tech, I’m an old boy now I don’t want or need bling.

Plus living in west London you don’t want a look at me car or you will probably wake up with an empty space on your drive.

#70438 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

Just tried ordering a Tiguan R Line Tech with a heated steering wheel. Apparently this new model has a different wheel and the heated option is no longer available 🙁 Dealer thought I was joking when I said this was a deal breaker for me.

#70441 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

Now that is disappointing!

So did you order the car? If so what was the estimated delivery date?

#70442 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

Hi Winston, no I didn’t order the car as due to arthritis in my hands this was a deal breaker. Got to say I was absolutely speechless/gutted that VW have pulled this option on the R Line Tech (confirmed with 2 separate dealers and VW online config tool).

Delivery was being quoted as 22 weeks. Hope this helps 🙂

#70443 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

Ach I’m sorry to hear you couldn’t go through with your order ?

I know it’s not ideal but if there not an aftermarket thing you could maybe buy from amazon etc that plugs into a USB port or cig lighter?

I’ve never looked for anything like that before but if u can think of something they usuaklg exist these days, although I appreciate an extra cable might be a pain in the bum

#70445 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

hmmmm don’t think so as its bad enough routing cables for dash cams. Not happy about doing that for a revolving steering wheel 🙁 Not to mention the horrendous aesthetics of wrapping a ‘hot water bottle’ around a slick, leather bound, flappy paddle, D shape wheel 😉

Viewing 9 replies - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
Reply To: Volkswagen Tiguan Match launched along with new 227bhp petrol engine

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: