Volkswagen Tiguan Match launched along with new 227bhp petrol engine

This topic contains 84 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Avatar HammerHead 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #68610 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

VW’s mid-sized SUV gets a better equipped Match base-model, a new range-topping R-Line Tech variant and a 227bhp turbo petrol engine
    Following its recent run-out edition Golf, Volkswagen has announced a series of tweaks to the line-up of the Tiguan SUV, including a new 227bhp petrol engine and a value-added Match model. This new trim level replaces the Tiguan SE and SE Nav models, offering more standard equipment at a reduced cost, with prices starting at £26,750.

The new base-model builds on the specification of the Tiguan SE Nav, adding a rear-view camera, parking assist, keyless entry and 19-inch alloy wheels. Other standard features include an eight-inch touchscreen with DAB radio and sat-nav, lane-keeping assist and a collision warning system.

Volkswagen will also replace the Tiguan’s range-topping R-Line trim level with a new R-Line Tech model. Prices start at £33,150 and, like the Match edition, it offers more standard equipment for less money, adding park assist, keyless entry, a 360-degree camera and a fully-electric tailgate to the outgoing R-Line Tiguan.

In addition, VW now offers the Tiguan with a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 227bhp and 350Nm of torque, borrowed from the current Golf GTI. It feeds its power to all four wheels through a seven-speed DSG, giving the Tiguan a 0-62mph time of 6.3 seconds and a top speed of 142mph. Available in both Match and R-Line Tech models, prices will start at £38,335.

The new engine and trim-levels are expected to hit showrooms later this month and will be available for both the standard Tiguan and the Tiguan Allspace 7-seater.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #69930 Reply
    Mervyn Hardy

When is the new vw tiguan match available on the motability scheme please?

#69931 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

I think you’ll find it is on. It was on Friday

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

#69934 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

I just called Mota there to ask about the Tig r line tech

The TDI Tig R line tech Dsg 150 in 2wd offered on the scheme at present has a higher rrp than the TSI Tig R line tech Dsg 190 4wd

So my question was is there anyway I could either apply for this model or could it be passed to relevant department to be look at with a view to it being added to the scheme

The very polite and courteous answer I recieved was an expected No, and there was no way to tell if it would be added to the scheme in the upcoming quarters which is a pity and to just wait n see what develops

As I’ve just extended my lease by a further 2 years and more than happy with my current car I wont lose any sleep over it

So ill just log in now n again and see if there’s any developments

#69936 Reply
    Johnny

Winston,

I am probably reading it wrong but the VW website shows below when you compare the 2.

Tiguan R-Line Tech
    R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 2WD 150PS 7-Speed DSG 5 Door
    From £35,710

Tiguan R-Line Tech
    R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 4Motion 190PS 7-Speed DSG 5 Door
    From £38,790

#69937 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

Hi Johnny,

Yep you sure are lol

My post was about the petrol TSI 2.0 190ps Dsg 4 Motion Tig R line tech which isn’t on the scheme at present compared to the diesel 2wd version that is

Close though ?

#69938 Reply
    Johnny

ah ok I wish the 190 was on too, that’s why I am considering the SEL or Ford Kuga ST Edition 180.

If I can ever get a test drive that is!

R Line is such a good looking car though so the 150 is still in my mind too.

#69939 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

It’s really the 4wd that I want , I know the 190ps petrol wouldn’t be as economical as the diesel, but I enjoy driving so I wouldn’t mind paying that bit extra

A family friend has the Kuga on motability as has 2 years and 10 months left of regret lol

She hates it, economy is awful. And it’s just about to be replaced by an all new version, so if you aren’t in a rush maybe you’d be best holding off a bit

If you don’t need 4wd I’d be sitting in that Tiguan right now ?

#69940 Reply
    Johnny

I have a Kuga Titanium X 150 and it’s been okay to be honest, fuel economy isn’t fantastic but with no motorway travelling to work it’s not quite as important as it might have been.

Hence ideally I am drawn to a 180/190 ps – much as I like the R Line visually, inside and out I am tempted to look at the SEL 190 and the Kuga ST as they give me that extra little power I fancy.

#69945 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

They have the 180/190 Kuga, 4×4 auto.i can’t remember the name of the exact trim .but it’s by no means a fast car the 0-62 time is pretty sluggish

I’m not bashing it by the way I actually like the design of it on the outside,

But if you ordered a new one and it took the normal couple of months to get built, shipped etc then you’d only have it a couple of months and the brand new model is released which a completely new car, not a face-lift and your pride and joy is already well out of date

I know that might not bother everyone but it would really stick in my throat lol

#69946 Reply
    Johnny

That’s what happened to me last time, mine is a 16 plate and soon after a new one came out.

I suppose that is just timing, unlucky with the 3 year scheme thing, quite common for model changes around a period of 3 years for cars.

#69947 Reply
    Johnny

Winston just did some quick checks, my understanding is the 0-60 speed of the Kuga 180 ST Line Edition is the same as the Tiguan 150 manual or auto, so what you say makes sense.

But if I am right, the extra bhp or ps between the 150 and the 180 tends to kick in further on after cruising speeds of 70pmh or plus, that’s it’s not necessarily from a standing start – more later on through the revs?

If that makes sense!

#69948 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

I think most cars get a face-lift every 18 months or so, but they usually bring out a whole new model every 7/8 years

And this is the case with the Kuga, so it would a majot change and not just a few cosmetic changes

It’s the very same for my current Audi Q3, the brand new one has just been released for retail

I used to have the 150 ps version of mines and currently I have the 184ps engine and there is a noticeable difference, I always drive it in Sport mode and have the car set to dynamic to try squeeze every little bit of ooomph from it

Ive timed it with my friend a good few times, so with launch control activated I got it at 6.9s to 60mph , we tried loads of times and got this result over n over which is a good bit quicker than the stated book 0-62 time

They are quicker than your average SUV I guess and great for overtaking on the motorway but they still leave you a bit wanting for more if you get me

All. Depends on what you are after and what floats your boat I guess

But the Kuga is a good second and a  half behind and that’s their petrol engine

#69949 Reply
    Johnny

Ideally I want the 190ps R Line tech but as recently confirmed I was fairly sure it wouldn’t be on the scheme.

So having eliminated several options my current 3 favourites are the Kuga ST Line Edition 180, then 2 Tiguan’s the 190 SEL and the 150 R Line.

The R Line is stunning, inside and out and I prefer it to the Kuga – the dilemma is choosing the better looking car over potentially the Kuga’s faster performance.

The SEL falls somewhere in between as it gives me that performance but not the eye catching looks of the R Line.

I haven’t driven the Kuga or the SEL which makes it more complex. But I have located an ST Line X at a nearby dealership and they are calling me tomorrow and hopefully I can go drive it.

We qualify for the scheme through my son’s severe autism/non verbal – but I don’t think there is a problem with hum or my wife with any of the cars (it’s unlikely she will drive it much if at all).

I was slightly annoyed at Ford for removing the seat back tray tables on the Kuga, we have them on our current car, our son likes them for his DVD player, although we have managed to but a couple that serve the same purpose.

However, the Tiguan has them, plus the R Line has the power tailgate that we like also, the Kuga and the SEL do not. Another minor Ford gripe.

It’s just the R is a 150 and I really wanted something a little more powerful for a change.

#69950 Reply
    POPS

Johnny, I have a powerful engine in my vehicle and I never use it’s potential. It’s reassuring to have the power available at traffic islands and junctions, but 99% of the time it’s power is unused.

#69951 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

I think any power difference thst you’ll notice between the 150 Vw and 190 Ford will be min at the very most

But looking at the 2 cwrs, the Tig being a brand new design with the latest tech and pretty much everything you could want compared to a car that is just about to be binned with the new model due out soon makes the decision a no brainer, for me anyways

I bet looking out your window and seeing a shiney Tig R line will always give you a smile ☺

Like Our Graham used to say on blind date ” the decision is yours ” lol

#69952 Reply
    Johnny

POPS – I understand what you mean as in reality a 2 litre 150 is good enough for all circumstances, my Kuga isn’t exactly sluggish.

Winston – I know, the R Line is just stunning.

#69953 Reply
    Trev

…………… ☺ Like Our Graham used to say on blind date ” the decision is yours ” lol

That gave me a lorra lorra laughs Winston lol

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#69955 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

POPS – I understand what you mean as in reality a 2 litre 150 is good enough for all circumstances, my Kuga isn’t exactly sluggish. Winston – I know, the R Line is just stunning.

Very few people use the full power of their cars, 0 to 60 and top speed to most of us is irrelevant, what we really want is the bit in between how well it performs, how it drive etc.

The only time I ever use the engines maximum power is when towing our caravan up a step hill, in normally use I probably use less than half of the engines performance.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#69957 Reply
    Trev

Same as Oscarmax, I’m a very low rev, fuel conscious driver – more so in the cx-5 than the previous Leon I had.

#69961 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

Glad to hear it Trev lol

I’m almost talking myself into placing an order for the Tig R now ?

#69965 Reply
    Trev

Walk away from the order form Winston – grab a bottle and get ready for tonight’s game.

If the Mazda CX-5 even slightly appeals i would hold fire and wait to see what from the 2019 range they bring to the scheme in the next couple of months – could be they bring the all new range topping GT Sport Nav+ in diesel!

Or are you a VAG man through n through now?

#69967 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

I’d like to see one in the flesh Trev as I’ve never parked my cheeks in one before

But ur right I’m a VAG man through n through, first car was a fiesta held together by paint and blue tack, got into surfing and snowboarding and got hooked on the VW dream lol

Now my OCD won’t let me change too much lol

#69968 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

And I’m hoping for a resounding pumping of the hammers tonight after that slip up against the foxes ?

#69969 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Walk away from the order form Winston – grab a bottle and get ready for tonight’s game. If the Mazda CX-5 even slightly appeals i would hold fire and wait to see what from the 2019 range they bring to the scheme in the next couple of months – could be they bring the all new range topping GT Sport Nav+ in diesel! Or are you a VAG man through n through now?

If you go for a CX-5 the diesel 150 engine is a peach

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#69974 Reply
    Glos Guy

Johnny – If you don’t need 4 wheel drive, having read all your posts, from your shortlist I would get a 150PS 2WD Tiguan R-Line Tech. In that trim, it’s one of the nicest looking SUV’s on the scheme IMO (especially in metallic white) and is extremely well equipped. As I said before, the 190 R-Line just won’t appear, but as we have a 190PS SEL I can tell you that it is NOT a fast car when matched with the DSG box. The 150PS engine would appear to be far better suited to the car than the 190PS. As others have said, the Kuga is a dinosaur now and very old tech. I think you would order one in haste and repent at leisure.

Have you looked at and eliminated the BMW X1 and Mazda CX-5? Both may be better than the Tiguan. Just a thought.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
Reply To: Volkswagen Tiguan Match launched along with new 227bhp petrol engine

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: