Volkswagen new Match trim

• Creator
    Topic
    Kjid5
    Participant

Has anyone ordered the old trim since Volkswagen changed their offering to the Match? I was going to order ID4 style pro, which when I contacted them motability insists is available and Volkswagen have not told them of any changes, but the dealer says they just no longer have paperwork to do a factory order of id 4 style pro.

I could order a stock model but as my window is open for ordering but lease end date is beginning of May the dealers are understandably reluctant. But also they’re again not sure how.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Kjid5
      Participant

I’m starting to give up and think I’ll just extend my lease. I was going to order q4 but I can’t get past the manual seat adjustment. Ditto ID5 . At least on ID4 it’s an option.

kezo
        Participant

I’m starting to give up and think I’ll just extend my lease. I was going to order q4 but I can’t get past the manual seat adjustment. Ditto ID5 . At least on ID4 it’s an option.

Looked at the q4 yesterday and wasn’t impressed with the kit – no heated steering wheel, blind spot mirrors and only manual seats as you point out.

Kjid5
          Participant

Looked at the q4 yesterday and wasn’t impressed with the kit – no heated steering wheel, blind spot mirrors and only manual seats as you point out.

I loved it so much that I’d have probably stumped up for an option to add it on top of the AP. Even now I’m second guessing myself. But that’s ( in my opinion) a ridiculous amount of money to spend to get something which is standard elsewhere. I can’t justify it.

MLH
            Participant

Wondering if they’ll add the Match trims to Motability, once the left hand manages to figure out what the right hand is doing.

I don’t mind the Match trim, as there are rarely more than 2 in my car, and I’d prefer the powered tailgate.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by MLH.
              Kjid5
              Participant

The match loses heated seats except on the gtx which is currently not an option ( I believe the pro style equals the match pro 4 motion). That’s a deal breaker.

HOWEVER my superb dealer has said there’s tons of pro styles in the system and they’ll order me a stock model even though my lease end is  beginning May. So I’m going in Monday.

what’s the odds that the model disappears Monday morning and I’m back to the drawing board !!

MLH
                Participant

Most of my body is burning constantly thanks to my MS, so I could live without that. I definitely understand it would be a massive thing for a lot of drivers, and is quite disappointing.

That’s some fabulous news, and glad that you’ve got a line to someone so helpful within a dealership. I’m sure it’ll be there and everything will work out ok.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you, anyway 🙂

Kjid5
                  Participant

Sorry to hear that @mlh must be awful. I’m the opposite with everything being icy cold ( spinal cord damage, car crash ) . The new match trim does seem to have some good features and I’m wondering if I held off if the gtx leather seats and electric adjustable will come on the scheme.  I don’t want to risk the gamble though and I know I’ll be happy with the pro style ( especially if they find one with electric adjustable seats in build I’ll pay for that).

I’ll report back.

The Enyaq is back in my sights if the id4 doesn’t work out – it is a spectacular car too and I’d be quite spoilt not to be ok with one .

MLH
                    Participant

Means I’m always warm, so there is that lol… Many have much worse problems than me, and mine could be so much worse, too.

You can always order the Style, and then cancel if they do add the Match/GTX to the scheme?

I’d be going for a petrol/hybrid if I wasn’t driving around town 90% of the time nowadays, but it looks a lovely car for the price, and the Honda ZRV was the only other one that looks as well specced for the price.

I’d have to check my wheelchair would go in the boot, but the spec on the Honda looks fab.

We all deserve to be a little spoilt, so I wouldn’t feel bad about that 🙂

blackj
                      Participant

With the recalls on id3 battery vw are having problems with their electric vehicles.

kezo
                        Participant

VW uses LG cell’s in its ID cars. Affected  vehicles with a VIN number 14,000-17,000 of sround 10,000 id3 and 10,000 id4’s are been recalled as  the battery exhibits self discharge due to a manufacturing fault. VW’s newest fleet of vehicles with a VIN in the 48,000 range also have defective cells.

In August 2021 Volkswagen had a fire with an ID.3 in Groningen, in the Netherlands, which was investigated by German Manufacturer. (details in link)

LG also had issues with the Cell’s in the Chevrolet Bolt EV and the Hyundai Kona Electric. The defect in the Hyundai Kona was a misalignment caused by a folded anode tab. Hyundai stopped making the then Kona Electric for its own market after the company recalled 76,000 Kona EVs because of multiple reports of fires in the battery pack. The company continued to Manufacture the then Kona Electric for Europe and the US.

GM said in 2021, it would pursue compensation from LG Energy Solution’s due to the Chevy Bolt EV battery pack recall it had to perform: it was going to spend $1.8 billion repairing 110,324 Bolt EV and EUV units with 2017 to 2022 model years included.

Ford switched its Cell manufacturer for Mustang to CATL (72kW)

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/chevy-bolt-ev-recall-will-cost-lg-12-billion-67-of-the-total-cost-171547.html

kezo
                          Participant
                            Nas89
                            Participant

Anyone managed to order a style pro? As im getting all different answers when phoning vw dealers around me. I’m guessing ill just have to place an order and see.

Kjid5
                              Participant

Anyone managed to order a style pro? As im getting all different answers when phoning vw dealers around me. I’m guessing I’ll just have to place an order and see.

yes you can order both stock and factory build . The dealer needs to go their vw hub and there’s a specific note that motability can still order the old style trim , pro style etc

sagwala123
                                Participant

Anyone managed to order a style pro? As im getting all different answers when phoning vw dealers around me. I’m guessing I’ll just have to place an order and see.

yes you can order both stock and factory build . The dealer needs to go their vw hub and there’s a specific note that motability can still order the old style trim , pro style etc

Do you know if the Match spec is going to replace the life and style pro on the Motability ordering platform ?

Nas89
                                  Participant

Thank you, ill order one sometime this week. I did ring my local vw dealer again and think they have been updated with new info you just said. Have you ordered one? Im thinking of the going the lighter blue.

sagwala123
                                    Participant

Thank you, ill order one sometime this week. I did ring my local vw dealer again and think they have been updated with new info you just said. Have you ordered one? Im thinking of the going the lighter blue.

We ordered the red with black roof style pro about three weeks ago. Still waiting for a build date ?

Kjid5
                                      Participant

Do you know if the Match spec is going to replace the life and style pro on the Motability ordering platform ?

they didn’t know today but my guess is it will at some point but the AP may increase. I noticed for example that list price of the car I ordered and the Audi q4 was pretty similar but the Volkswagen was currently far lower in AP.

I also warned the dealer that as I’ve ordered a style pro that’s what I want to receive no ‘upgrading’ me to the match during the build like they’ve just done with the Enyaq as the match does not have heated seats which I absolutely need.

I went in to order the id4 pro style and I may have accidentally ordered the id5 instead… it was just love

Kjid5
                                        Participant

I’ve ordered just the model they’re checking stock. I’m not bothered on colour too much although I do like that azul blue the lighter one. There was quite a few stock options in dusk blue so I’m guessing they’ll reserve me one of those. Factory order id5 wait was 12 weeks so if no stock available then no big issue going factory build.

Bricktophunter
                                          Participant

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone has recently (successfully) managed to order an ID4 (or any ID) from stock?

I visited a Lookers VW, signed for a Stock ID4 Life Pro and was told the next working day that VW UK have changed the way they allow Motability orders, and they can no longer reserve retail stock for Motability.

Has anyone found this to be the case? Is it set in stone?

Doesn’t seem good if so, I would need to order the exact same car and wait for a build, when there is one sat 90 miles away waiting to be sold.

Thanks

Current: 2023 MG4 Trophy (soon to get rid)
                                            Ordered: VW ID4 Match Pro 210kw 77kWh [Blue Dusk] Expected August!

MLH
                                            Participant

Found prices for Q2 on an ID.4 FB group.

ID.4 for £49 with the NVP.ID.4

Bricktophunter
                                              Participant

See now this is making me feel like I should cancel my Style Pro order and re-order the Match trim. It’s a huge difference in price – £1499 – down to £799 essentially just losing the Pano Roof, which I can live with.

Nas89
                                                Participant

See now this is making me feel like I should cancel my Style Pro order and re-order the Match trim. It’s a huge difference in price – £1499 – down to £799 essentially just losing the Pano Roof, which I can live with.

I was thinking the same! I think you just lose pano roof and tri climate control which i dont have people in back often anyway. But you gain electric boot! ?

MLH
                                                  Participant

I was thinking the same! I think you just lose pano roof and tri climate control which i dont have people in back often anyway. But you gain electric boot! ?

I was going to try and figure out what the gains/losses would be between Style Pro & Match Pro.

I’m tempted to do the same, as it’s almost always only 2 in my car, and my wheelchair in the boot.

Panoramic roof looks nice, but I’ll probably only do ~5k miles a year lol.

Bricktophunter
                                                    Participant

I was going to try and figure out what the gains/losses would be between Style Pro & Match Pro. I’m tempted to do the same, as it’s almost always only 2 in my car, and my wheelchair in the boot. Panoramic roof looks nice, but I’ll probably only do ~5k miles a year lol.

I’ve emailed my dealer, I asked if they could move on the AP I’ve agreed on and he said no, as expected, so suggested cancelling my order and re-ordering the Match when it goes live.

I won’t miss the 3 zone climate or the Pano roof as much as I’d miss the £700, ha.

It does delay the process again slightly but it’s not a deal breaker, for me.

kezo
                                                      Participant

Guys how about a Ford and VW id rolled into one. Best of both worlds!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.