Voice control-Say thanks

• Creator
    Topic
  • #166884 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Just came on the motorway earlier and the guy behind me gave me the “lights flash” to come on in front of him, I automatically lifted my hand and said thanks. That got me thinking why don’t we have a voice command called “thanks” that would flash the hazards, a common way of saying thanks up here in Scotland, or what ever you use wherever you are.

I then thought “what about a cluster of led lights on the rear that can spell the word “thanks”. I quickly dispelled that idea as I’m sure some smart ass would quickly adjust that to a “one finger” retort, or the like lol.

Is the flashing of the hazards used U.K. wide? If not what do you use?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166886 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Hazards, or left blink right blink left blink on the indicators is the common response from truckers.

#166888 Reply
    Douglas Brimson

I think a ‘get out of the middle lane you wan**r’ sign would be a winner.

#166889 Reply
    struth
    Participant

left right is currently most common ive seen. hazards are technichally illegal but used to be used; maybe still are

#166897 Reply
    joss

Neon light in shape of  a 👍 in rear window.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#166901 Reply
    Tonya

Ha, Ha, good idea, you will want a job on Motorway Maintenance next?

#166911 Reply
    Rene

I flash hazards usually, and on the rare occasion where someone flashes hazards for me i “respond” with double highbeam. Same when i let someone in, building a gap and then giving double highbeam to indicate space and clearance. Grew up with it (father being a trucker), can’t shake it off.

In regards to more “less illegal” means.. I’m not 100% on the legality, but there’s always this.

Or this, if you’re more affluent.

#166912 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Is the flashing of the hazards used U.K. wide? If not what do you use?

Forgot to login so can’t edit into the first response: this isn’t just U.K. wide. It’s “universal trucker language” across the entirety of europe. At the very least germany, UK, belgium, france and netherlands, first hand experience.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#166941 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I use the left, right, left indicators sometimes but do it from my steering wheel remote control at high speed and do wonder sometimes if I’m going to cause the cars system some confusion some day and break something by selecting left then right then left again and not using the off button in-between the flashes.😊

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Voice control-Say thanks
Your information: