Vintage Voltage

• Creator
    Topic
  • #136371 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Not sure if anyone has seen the TV series Vintage Voltage but its well worth a watch it your into cars or contemplating an EV. A firm in Wales takes classic vintage cars and turns them into EVs with some really startling results. What i found interesting is they strip down and explain all the technology behind it and explain about electric motors, battery and charging tech etc.

Really interesting and entertaining program

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #136375 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

I enjoy the programme but my goodness, have you seen the prices they charge!

The Kharman Ghia they did cost £30K and that’s without the cost of the car!

VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

#136379 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I enjoy the programme but my goodness, have you seen the prices they charge! The Kharman Ghia they did cost £30K and that’s without the cost of the car!

Ha Ha yes they are very expensive, puts the price of EVs in perspective though when it costs 20k for a second hand Tesla motor. Enjoyed the Photon motorcycle and i believe they are now selling it as a production model.

#136380 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I have enjoyed it, but it’s kind of the same book different jacket. I would like to see them do a budget version, they are all super expensive and super clean. I would like to see them get down and dirty on a 5k budget.

#136383 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I have enjoyed it, but it’s kind of the same book different jacket. I would like to see them do a budget version, they are all super expensive and super clean. I would like to see them get down and dirty on a 5k budget.

Yeah but would that even be possible ? just googling the hyper motor comes up at 3.5k then you have the batteries. I would like to see them do a small bespoke city car from scratch to see how much they could get a 100 mile ranger done for. What i really want to see is the Rolls Royce phantom long wheel base with a 500 mile range lol…….start saving now

#136385 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

It’s probably a different show completely. Wheeler Dealers where they take a first Gen Nissan Leaf and give it a spruce up is what I need.

#136390 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh, you’ve started me off with this! I would kill to have an original Citroen DS “Goddess” EV’d. It’d have to be 4×4. And the big floor area should hold a good few gallons of battery – to delivery a really decent performance, the only thing the original lacked with that poor engine.

#136392 Reply
    Landyman

I’m waiting for them to do a Landrover Defender with a electric motor powering each wheel…… 😀 Serious off-road and towing grunt.

#136395 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sounds brilliant, Landyman. Having driven a Defender with the old “Leyland” V8 off-road (and enjoyed enormously) I’d like one too! Have to be sure it was the proper slab-sided, foldy-screen original, not this new arty-farty Chelsea tractor version!

#136396 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Oh, you’ve started me off with this! I would kill to have an original Citroen DS “Goddess” EV’d. It’d have to be 4×4. And the big floor area should hold a good few gallons of battery – to delivery a really decent performance, the only thing the original lacked with that poor engine.

OMG yes, that thing is art on wheels

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #136383 in Vintage Voltage
Your information: