Vehicle numbers on the Motability Scheme

• Creator
    Topic
  • #174011 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

This is a continuation of the old thread started by Jamesg, the old thread had over 2300 posts and was becoming slow to load.

We keep a list of all the changes on this page:

https://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/motability-news-feed/

edit: 25/01/22

We will be deleting all posts not related directly to the number of vehicles on the Scheme at the end of the day, or sometimes sooner. Please do not take offence if your post is deleted, it’s intended to make this thread as uncluttered as possible. WMC

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 234 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #184407 Reply
    Chris22

Looks like another loss day. Down by 8?

#184409 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 2nd May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 552                               Change -8

SsangYong -8  (Removed from Scheme)

Korando -3

Tivoli-5

Is this the start of another episode of the SsangYong hokey cokey

#184424 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Ssangyong is bankrupt and still looking a for a buyer last I read.

#184425 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Ssangyong is bankrupt and still looking a for a buyer last I read.[/quote

Looks like another bidder has come forward.

The apparently Never Ending Story of Ssangyong’s bankruptcy has taken a new turn with South Korean media reports today saying chemicals-to-financial conglomerate KG Group has joined the bidding war with a KRW1.5 trillion (US$1.2 billion) offer.

Industry insiders told the Korea Herald KG Group recently submitted its letter of intent to acquire SsangYong Motor to the lead manager of the deal, EY Hanyoung.

The report said KG Group was founded in 2003 based on the country’s first fertilizer company Gyeonggi Chemical which was set up in 1985, and now acted as a holding company for the group. Over decades, it had carried out at least 15 mergers and acquisitions including steelmaker Dongbu Steel.

KG Group reportedly is forming a consortium to join the bid with private equity Cactus PE which helped it acquire Dongbu Steel in 2019.

According to the Korea Herald, market insiders see KG Group as the most feasible candidate to take over SsangYong, considering its stable cash flow, funding capability as well as know-how in managing a diverse business portfolio.

EN Plus, a local battery materials manufacturer which also builds trucks and devices for firefighting as well as special purpose vehicles, also announced its bid for SsangYong earlier this week.

Market sources told the Korea Herald Ssangbangwool had sold its shares in listed affiliates after seeing stock market gains following the firm’s bid announcement.

Ssangbangwool said it had secured KRW450 billion in cash that would be used for a “stable financing route” to acquire SsangYong.

#184448 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i see mini have stopped producing manual cars for forseeable future. dunno if any on scheme tho.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#184464 Reply
    Ginny
    Participant

i see mini have stopped producing manual cars for forseeable future. dunno if any on scheme tho.

Only MiNIs on the scheme at present are 2 electric ones. Only come in auto; not sure being electric if they have gear boxes though. I have a MINI on order, I got in early this year before they removed them. Got to check if it is still on for next month, but it is auto so should be OK.

Current vehicle: 2018 SEAT LEON ST 1.8 TSI FR Technology DSG
    On order: MINI 5-Door Hatch 2.0 Cooper S Classic Steptronic

#184472 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 3rd May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 552                              No Change

#184513 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 4th May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 560                               Change +8

Honda -6  (hybrid)

HRV- 2   Removed from Scheme

Jazz -4   Removed from Scheme

Renault  +14   (9 petrol 3 hybrid 2 PHEV)

Clio +5

1.6 Etec Hybrid 143bhp auto 64.2 mpg £495 Advance Payment Evolution trim or £695 in Techno

Captur +9

1.6 Etec Hybrid 143bhp auto 58.9 mpg £695 Advance Payment Evolution trim or £895 in Techno

PHEV – 27 miles of electric range £1295 in Techo trim

#184610 Reply
    Barry
    Participant

Monday 2nd May 2022 – Vehicles on the Scheme – 552 Change -8 SsangYong -8 (Removed from Scheme) Korando -3 Tivoli-5 Is this the start of another episode of the SsangYong hokey cokey

Put yer left leg in…

#184612 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

They are back! Grandland too. I’ll just get to my computer.

#184619 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 5th May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 575                               Change +15

SsangYong +8  (petrol)

Korando +3

Tivoli +5

Vauxhall +7   (5 petrol, 2 diesel)

Grandland +7

#184690 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 6th May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 573                               Change  -2

MG +9  (petrol)

MG HS  +4   1.5 petrol manual Excite £399 AP, Exclusive £1199.  Automatic Excite £699, Exclusive £1499 AP (no increase in price from last quarter)

MG ZS  +4  1.5 petrol manual and 1.0 litre manual and automatic prices from £399 – £749 AP  (no increase in price from last quarter)

MG3  +1  Nil AP Reduced from £299 last quarter

Toyota -11  (hybrid)

Yaris -11   Removed from Scheme

#184760 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 7th May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 573                               No Change

#184764 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

Signs that the fall in numbers of cars to choose from is slowing down.

Grand C-Max 2.0 tdci zetec - Autochair 80Kg Hoist
    Kuga 2.0 tdci zetec - Autochair 80Kg Hoist
    Kuga 1.5 eco 176ps awd auto titanium x - Autochair 80Kg Hoist- lease extended by 2 years due to horrendous AP to replace.

#184774 Reply
    Givi

Probably cos there aren’t that many left to remove 😀

#184808 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 9th May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 573                               No Change

#184867 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 10th May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 573                               No Change

#184938 Reply
    Barry
    Participant

Now showing 570 vehicles on scheme…

#184961 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 11th May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 570                                Change -3

Peugeot -3  (1 petrol, 1 diesel, 1 PHEV)

3008 -3    (GT Premium trim removed)

#185015 Reply
    struth
    Participant

VW boss Herbert Diess confirmed an order backlog in western Europe of 300,000 electric cars, reports the Financial Times. He added that EVs in both the US and Europe “are basically sold out” for the rest of 2022.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#185044 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 12th May 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 555                                Change -15

Citroen -2  (electric)

Berlingo -2   (removed from Scheme)

Kia -13   (12 petrol, 1 electric)

Rio -5   (removed from Scheme)

Soul -1   (removed from Scheme)

Stonic -4  (removed from Scheme)

X-Ceed – 1

Ceed  -2

#185047 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I can see it coming to a point where MB is no longer sustainable in its current form, if the downward spiral continues for much longer.

#185049 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I suspect the large body of very well paid staff at Motability are rather under-employed at the moment. What with fewer new cars and handbacks to deal with and the nodding through of lease extensions…

#185066 Reply
    joss

Well This the first day that I have been able to get out and drive during the last 7 weeks. due to torn hamstring. So I called into my local kia dealer to enquire about placing an order for the new sportage GT-Line S HEV Only to be told that its no long on the motability list.

So now only available in Petrol. WTF

Mobility list still shows as available. Any idea what is going on here?

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185068 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

The HEVs got removed a while back already, didn’t they? Few weeks now.

They’re also not in the Motability list, are you mistaking the “48V” mild hybrid with the HEV?

edit: just realised the picture. That Sportage isn’t the HEV, it’s the 48V mild hybrid, not the full hybrid.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 234 total)
Reply To: Vehicle numbers on the Motability Scheme
Your information: