Vehicle numbers on the Motability Scheme

• Creator
    Topic
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

This is a continuation of the old thread started by Jamesg, the old thread had over 2300 posts and was becoming slow to load.

We keep a list of all the changes on this page:

https://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/motability-news-feed/

edit: 25/01/22

We will be deleting all posts not related directly to the number of vehicles on the Scheme at the end of the day, or sometimes sooner. Please do not take offence if your post is deleted, it’s intended to make this thread as uncluttered as possible. WMC

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 656 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Elliot
      Participant

I know you can add optional extras to Motability car orders, but how about paying for a trim level upgrade? The Msport is £1,500 more, but I’d guess that wouldn’t be allowed. In fact that £1,500 increas in price is probably why this car is on Motability. Very few retail/lease customers would choose the Sport with the Msport at such a slight increase in price.

It’s annoying in that if you want to upgrade the seats it costs the same money. I would rather spend the £1500 on upgrading to Msport trim.

Adrian
        Participant

Is there a benefit to m sport other than it does look nice?

"Come on BYD Seal!"
          Elliot
          Participant

It has a bigger battery, leather seats and I prefer the Msport steering.

Adrian
            Participant

It has a bigger battery, leather seats and I prefer the Msport steering.

?? fair play

"Come on BYD Seal!"
              Adrian
              Participant

Oh yeah I remember that was in an option pack on an SE I had way back when and presume was standard on the m sport. Explains why I didn’t notice the difference ?

"Come on BYD Seal!"
                wmcforum
                Which Mobility Car

Monday 24th July 2023  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 740                                           No Change

Berty
                  Participant

Out of interest @wmcforum, currently we have 740 vehicles on the scheme.

What was the vehicle count in July 2019 before the pandemic turned the World upside down?

Thx..

• This reply was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by Berty.
                    Glos Guy
                    Participant

Out of interest @wmcforum, currently we have 740 vehicles on the scheme. What was the vehicle count in July 2019 before the pandemic turned the World upside down? Thx..

I can’t remember the exact year, but at its peak I think there was over 4,000 cars.

hi.

the BMW i4 Msport 40 is £59,00 plus change.

the BMW i4 Msport 35 is £51,000 plus change.

only the 40 has a bigger battery.

wmcforum
                        Which Mobility Car

Out of interest @wmcforum, currently we have 740 vehicles on the scheme. What was the vehicle count in July 2019 before the pandemic turned the World upside down? Thx..

July 24th 2019

1948 Vehicles Avaialble  807 of which are automatic gearbox  407 Nil AP or less ( 74 Automatics)

( 20 Electric vehicles,  7 Plugin Hybrid,  47 Hybrid,  1198 Petrol,  676 Diesel)

Berty
                          Participant

July 24th 2019 1948 Vehicles Avaialble 807 of which are automatic gearbox 407 Nil AP or less ( 74 Automatics) ( 20 Electric vehicles, 7 Plugin Hybrid, 47 Hybrid, 1198 Petrol, 676 Diesel)

Jeezo…Thx Admin, That is quite a lot….lol.

It just shows the impact Covid had on vehicle manufacturing and Motability.  Around 2000 vehicles….lol, that is crazy.

wmcforum
                            Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 25th July 2023  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 740                                           No Change

Participant

Jeezo…Thx Admin, That is quite a lot….lol. It just shows the impact Covid had on vehicle manufacturing and Motability. Around 2000 vehicles….lol, that is crazy.

And that 2019 figure is half of what was available 4 years before that. The scheme has been in decline for a number of years as car prices outstrip the annual increase in benefit. Thus we have fewer choices, fewer nil AP cars and some pretty crazy high AP’s on many of the cars available.

That doesn’t make Motability poor value, as private purchase and lease costs have also climbed due to the massive increases in car prices. However, if you are disabled and on a limited budget (as many on the scheme are) then your choices dwindle.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

RogerWilko

Toyota BZ4X (joint development with Subaru, three specs available has been added this morning

wmcforum
                                  Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 26th July 2023  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 743                                              Change +3

Toyota +3  (electric)

BZ4X  +3

71.4kWh battery, range up to 318 miles, 3 trims Pure £2749 Advance Payment, Motion £4199 AP and Vision £4899 AP.

full details https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/bz4x

Ele
                                    Participant

How much AP lol

AP far to high imo for a dated cheap looking ugly duckling as this

AP will dive nest Q me thinks

Suspect the High AP reflects their need to recoup the 3 month loss of production following the wheels falling off recall

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Ele.
                                      • This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Ele.
                                      Glos Guy
                                      Participant

Whilst I welcome all additions to the scheme, it’s beginning to look as though the only meaningful additions to the current paltry selection going forward will be EVs.

Ok for those who want an EV, have the ability to charge at home and can afford the sky high APs, but I do wonder what proportion of the Motability population at large (as opposed to this forum) fit these criteria.

kezo
                                        Participant

It has more black plastic than a plastics factory!

Participant

Why give the upper trims 20’s, they kill the range, which, despite Toyotas lofty claims is far from decent.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

HammerHead
                                            Participant

Whilst I welcome all additions to the scheme, it’s beginning to look as though the only meaningful additions to the current paltry selection going forward will be EVs. Ok for those who want an EV, have the ability to charge at home and can afford the sky high APs, but I do wonder what proportion of the Motability population at large (as opposed to this forum) fit these criteria.

Blame the UK gov for banning the sale of ICE and diesel from 2030 and if you consider that some ICE/D cars can take 18 months for a factory order, I would’nt be surprised if all ICE/D vehicles  dissappeared from MB site by July 2028! 5 years and counting 🙁

Seems like for once MB are being pro active.

Glos Guy
                                              Participant

Whilst I welcome all additions to the scheme, it’s beginning to look as though the only meaningful additions to the current paltry selection going forward will be EVs. Ok for those who want an EV, have the ability to charge at home and can afford the sky high APs, but I do wonder what proportion of the Motability population at large (as opposed to this forum) fit these criteria.

Blame the UK gov for banning the sale of ICE and diesel from 2030 and if you consider that some ICE/D cars can take 18 months for a factory order, I would’nt be surprised if all ICE/D vehicles dissappeared from MB site by July 2028! 5 years and counting ? Seems like for once MB are being pro active.

Very few ICE cars are taking 18 months now and other leasing companies aren’t taking the same stance, so this is a conscious decision by Motability. The 2030 date will change by at least 5 years, but the current government are being very canny over this, saying that they won’t move the date, in the knowledge that it won’t be down to them and Labour will have to do it when they get into power next year. However, with the date looming and it becoming increasingly obvious that it’s totally impractical, public opinion is starting to swing against it, so maybe there are more votes to be won by making the call to delay it!

kezo
                                                Participant

The 2030 date will change by at least 5 years, but the current government are being very canny over this, saying that they won’t move the date

Its been in the papers the last couple days or so that Sunak has said he is looking at watering down some of the “ECO” plans to make it affordable for the population. In that was the ICE ban, where he cast doubts.

Now the EU has pushed the date back, the UK will have to follow and they all

ready know they will have to do the same.

Interesting read

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-environment-and-energy/analysis-uk%E2%80%99s-ice-ban-have-global-impact

Berty
                                                  Participant

All wishful thinking and putting up links to an auomotive magazine is hardly a balanced view.

You seem to think that the phasing out of ICE is going to be delayed or deferred 2030 – 2035,

You are wrong, it is going to be brought forward.

This year 2023 is hte first year of a full degree increase in average global climate Temps sine the 1970’s. The trend is ANOTHER degree increase by 2030.   IT is THAT fast.

The removal of ICE will be brought forward for ONE reason.

The Furious temperatures seen in North America and Southern Europe these past 3 weeks. It is not over yet and this will re-focus the minds of the EU members and thus the UK to cutting emissions. Europe is essentially burning.

Give it a few weeks and see what stance the Govt’s take regarding ICE and renewable energy.

You think they are going to extend the date for removal od ICE vehicles? No, they will make 2030 the END of ICE, completely.

Not just new veicles but ALL vehicles.

Just watch what happens in the UK in the next few weeks. The fires in Greece will fire up these stupid ‘Just stop oil’ thugs.

It is like a call to arms for them…expect them to be very very active in the next few weeks…

Colin

Have to disagree more and more dealer groups dread battery cars as there depreciation is awful at this time Also our local VW and Nissan dealer works on 6-8 week lead times for investigation faults I live in a city which has decent public charge facilities but will not consider fill ev until they crack 400 miles plus

The country didn’t have enough power station to meet household demand as at least 3 power stations short Not enough renewable either no matter what they spout

RogerWilko

Again the fallacy that the EU have changed the date for the banning of ICE cars. They have not. The EU agreed to permit sales and registration of internal-combustion engine (ICE) models after the 2035 deadline — provided those vehicles operate only on carbon-neutral fuels, often generically referred to as ‘e-fuels Which cost a lot more to produce and refine, so fuel costs will rise.

This is a sop to Germany, who have been pretty poor at looking forward, but all manufacturers are reducing build of ICE cars, Roget will still build them, but in plants outside the EU for third world markets.
                                                        Unfortunatly, all political parties have been sucked into this global warming nonsense, so regardless of who you vote for, this dash towards carbon neutral will continue

Mitability don’t want to be left with loads of ICE cars, they know the future trend.

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 656 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.