Vehicle dimension sources

• Creator
    Topic
  • #34551 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

I am researching a replacement for my Kuga. I have a hoist fitted to load my large wheelchair (folded). It “just” fits through the boot opening and “just” clears the space between the hoist vertical post and the opposite side of the luggage compartment. I dont need 7 seats but 7 seaters look most promising. I also need plenty of legroom and hip width. I have my butt right up against the door in the Kuga.

I am struggling to get details of hip width of drivers seats, boot minumum width at entrance and internal. Manufacturers sites tend to have exterior dimensions and not much else. Motability, RICA and Carwow are better but still not providing what I need.

Any sites folk I’m aware of or am I stuck with visiting dealers with a tape measure?

Grand C-Max 2.0 tdci zetec - Autochair 80Kg Hoist
    Kuga 2.0 tdci zetec - Autochair 80Kg Hoist
    Kuga 1.5 eco 176ps awd auto titanium x - Autochair 80Kg Hoist- lease extended by 2 years due to horrendous AP to replace.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #34553 Reply
    Garys

Try a crv has a biggish boot amd in good spec as an auto and 4×4 with the DASP (driver assistance pack and has a giod 2.0 litre petrol to boot

#34554 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

The CRV is one car I have found dimensions for and the boot isnt wide enough – shame as the driving space is supposed to be ample

Kuga 1.5 eco 176ps awd auto titanium x - Autochair 80Kg Hoist- lease extended by 2 years due to horrendous AP to replace.

#34556 Reply
    nick

try this, don’t know if it will be any help to you.

http://www.automobiledimension.com/

#34558 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

Cheers – external dimensions only. Thanks anyway

#34560 Reply
    Garys

What about one of the xtrails ??

#34561 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

Nissan do provide boot dimensions. 98 cm for X trail . Kuga is 101 cm and it just fits. Galaxy is the only vehicle I’ve found with wide enough opening so far. Well except the “vans” like the Tourneo and Berlingo but I cant face the idea of a 100 bhp car

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Moody.

#34568 Reply
    Justsaying

How about the new on 5008suv. Not quite sure how you go about measuring the boot due to shape, probably a visit required

#34569 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

yep looking more and more like visits to dealers – which is what I was trying to avoid :/

#34573 Reply
    Garys

Which way does your hoist load your scooter if its long/lengthway then nearly all are under 80-90cm so it should not be a problem if its widthways ( ie long side across the boot then you will have issues) with loading – i have a kuga which easily takes my boot scooter – but as its a breakdown model it easily fits in the CRV and also a 3008suv a tuscon and a myriad of suv styled cars – it might be worth looking at the suzuki vitara as they look wide at the back too

#34577 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

Not a scooter. I did say wheelchair in the original post. The Kuga has 108 cm boot opening and the chair just squeezes in. The Kuga minimum internal width is 101 cm and with the hoist leaves 98 cm internal clearance.

The Galaxy has a 115 cm opening and 107 cm internal clearance so is the only option I have been able to find so far (for less than £2k AP)

#34580 Reply
    Garys

My wheelchair fits in easy with the handles folded ( only during loading – you can actually straighten them once its in with bags of room ) i have tried this in both a kuga ( current vehicle ) and a CRV planned – so you must have a larger wheel chair or one that doesnt fold that small ? – most wheelchairs are designed to fit in a hatchback (supposedly 🙁 ) but i suspect thats often based on a vehicle with nothing else in it

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #34560 in Vehicle dimension sources
Your information: