Vauxhall Grandland

• Creator
    Topic
  • #172268 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Just ordered a Vauxhall Grandland 1500 diesel automatic Ultimate trim, £1,749 AP. The AP is not too bad in the current climate for what is the top trim. The expected delivery date is 31st August 2022, according to the paperwork though the dealer told me to take no notice of that as the reality is they have no idea when it will be ready.

This is the new Grandland and replaces the outgoing Grandland X they are not in the showrooms yet, should have been last month, so we have not actually seen one.

Daughters motability car SEAT Arona 1.6 diesel manual Excellence Lux.
    My company car Toyota Corolla Touring Sport 1.8 Hybrid CVT GR Sport.
    Motability car on order Vauxhall Grandland 1.5 diesel automatic Ultimate.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #172269 Reply
    Psuader

Marc, just wondering how come you didn’t wait until the Q1 prices came out in one week? Or is this order based on the new price list?

#172271 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Marc, just wondering how come you didn’t wait until the Q1 prices came out in one week? Or is this order based on the new price list?

I’ve no idea what Q1 2022 will bring but I don’t think the AP will come down, the old Grandland X is still on the scheme, but I think they have stopped making them, the AP for the petrol (no diesel on the scheme) Ultimate spec is £3,349. I think an AP of £1,749 for a car with a list price of £34,645 isn’t too bad especially the way the AP’s have gone.

It was a case of get the order in before Q1 and the possibility of the AP increasing or the car disappearing off the scheme, it’s just a gamble.

#174211 Reply
    Gwillsxx

Hi there, Similar situation here ordered the new grandland, same spec at the beginning of December 2021, told currently 6 month waiting list.

Have you had any updates as of yet?
    Still waiting on the dealership to get back to me, with hopefully some sort of news.

thanks x

#174223 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Not heard anything yet, but I’ll be happy if it’s only 6 months. Do you know if they are in the showrooms yet? Let us know if you hear anything.

#174234 Reply
    John Reilly

I spoke with Vauxhall HQ and had a virtual tour of the Grandland last week. There is only one in the country at the moment and they expect the car to be in showrooms from the 25th Feb.

The uncertainty with the car has put us off ordering.

Was informed that some customers had ordered their Grandland last April/May so will be waiting over a year.

#174239 Reply
    Simon

Stoke Vauxhall has a new Grandland if anyone is close by.

#174351 Reply
    Gwillsxx

I’ve tried 3 Baylis showrooms which are nearest to me and none in as of yet,

Did call the dealership today for an update and been told June 26th however this will most likely change!

I’ve also just noticed the specs have changed on Vauxhall’s website to three –

Design

Gs Line

Ultimate

I’m not car savvy at all, anyone know why this has changed?!

#174384 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Yes it looks like the trim levels have been cut from 4 to 3 with only the Ultimate trim keeping the original name, it could be to increase production by offering less options. It also seems that the night vision camera fitted as standard on the Ultimate is now a £1,300 optional extra, it’s bizarre times when changes like this are made before the car has even hit the showrooms.

We ordered the 1.5 diesel Ultimate in blue with a black roof, which did you go for?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Vauxhall Grandland
Your information: