Uurrrmmm🤨

• This topic has 33 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by ajn.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #155825 Reply
    ajn

These don’t fit in the vents of a Volvo xc40, had it amongst the Fathers Day goodies…

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155827 Reply
    ajn

Just as well it don’t fit I guess, warnings everywhere😳 🤣

#155829 Reply
    brydo

ajn maybe your kids are trying to tell you something lol.

#155830 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Narrow escape there, ajn.

#155832 Reply
    ajn

Wow there’s a contradiction in signs..yeah you might be right there Brydo, however if there’s something to be said, my Daughter will never be silenced 😆..

I think you’re right there wigwam, looks pretty nasty stuff..

#155835 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Car fresheners, home fresheners, deodorant and all the other cleaning, smelly stuff we use these days gets the back of my throat and makes my eyes water.

They should be made to put catalytic converts and particle filters on them.😁

#155841 Reply
    ajn

@Brydo just text my Daughter what you said about the hinting with air freshener…

She replied that’s why you got new socks in the goodie bag too…😆

The bin smells great now though 🤣😂..

#155844 Reply
    joss

Bring back Feu Orange I say.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155865 Reply
    ajn

👍🤣

#155883 Reply
    sif

Febreze kills parrots and other birds. Nobody who keeps birds will go anywhere near it. Anything that kills birds I would be dubious about breathing in. Lovely gift and thought, but I would not be using in an enclosed space. An overheated teflon pan can kill birds from 30ft away. I don’t use them either, get cast iron and keep it forever.

#155886 Reply
    brydo

Haha love it ajn.

#155889 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

A pity Miss Marple has retired. She’d have loved to be in Death by Air Freshener. Expect to see it is Midsomer Murders soon, although, I suspect they may have already done it.

#155891 Reply
    ajn

Wow sif some very interesting point there..

Reading the warnings all over this thing Tharg, be for Barnaby & Co to  wear gas masks when attending the scene..

#155892 Reply
    ajn

wise*

#155895 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

As a point of interest, apart from people who smoke or have pets in the car, does anyone use car air fresheners?  And if so, why?

#155897 Reply
    ajn

Hmmm yes why have these things, this one seems lethal…

#155907 Reply
    joss

@Wigwam

I do not smoke, nor do i have any pets in my car save for the odd trip to take cats to the vets for booster jabs.

I just like my car to smell nice.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155914 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Well, that could be the only reason, Joss!

But do you think it wouldn’t smell nice otherwise?  We never use anything in ours and don’t really know what it smells like except when we give the interior a clean, which I have to say is rarely.  Then it smells of the cleaning products for a day or so.

I guess it’s like the house we live in. It doesn’t smell of anything to us, because we’re used to it. But I guess if we asked anyone else they’d probably say it had a distinctive smell.  Probably best not to ask…

#155929 Reply
    joss

But do you think it wouldn’t smell nice otherwise?

If I did not use air freshener I guess it would smell “normal” for the interior of well looked after car. It is vacuumed every month whether or not it needs it.

I know when I go for my bi weekly blood tests at the Keep moat stadium the nurses always comment on how nice my car smells.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155934 Reply
    ajn

Yeah nice to have a nice pleasant fragrant waft around the car, takeaway, fish & chips, can hang about to in cars..

As for smoking never have, hovering a must.. hate dusty dash boards, and crumby untidy cars, with smudgy windows🤢

#155942 Reply
    ajn

Air fresheners also help when my Son needs a lift @Wigwam

#155944 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Ah, the honest smell of tools.

#155946 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

I’ve never used air fresheners in the car, never liked them. The car probably smells of wet dog. I know when I clean the boot I can stuff pillowcases with the hair – the Labrador/Golden Retriever  guide dogs look so lovely but by god they shed hair at a rate of knots.

The local wildlife love it, birds swoop down to collect the hair as it comes out of the boot to line their nests (maybe its a good cat deterrent…lol).

The cleaner uses some sort of smelly in the hoover in the house, always smells nice for a day or so after she’s been. And there is less hair…

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#155963 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I keep a ragged old black scarf with silver stars on it (originally my biker scarf) that has been used for cleaning up perfume spills etc., in the car, after three years of being perfumed in this way all the car seats ooze perfume too & it’s time to hand the car back & get a fresh one. My dad used an oily rag for much the same purpose, for him it was the scent of his background in mechanical engineering.

#156091 Reply
    ajn

Got in the car today, slight wiff of the mover/strimmer  fumes, left the windows and boot open for a few hours….

#156092 Reply
    ajn

I’ll need that scarf gothitjulie 😂,

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
Reply To: Uurrrmmm🤨
Your information: