UK’s most stolen cars revealed

• Creator
    Topic
  • #137725 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

DVLA data reveals which cars were most commonly stolen in 2020, with the Ford Fiesta topping the list.

The most stolen cars in the UK last year have been revealed, with the Ford Fiesta topping the list.

There were 3,392 reports of Fiestas being stolen in 2020, although this will come as little surprise since the supermini is the UK’s perennial best-seller, with 49,174 new Fiestas registered last year alone.

The second-most stolen car last year may raise more eyebrows, as this was the considerably rarer and more expensive Range Rover, of which 2,881 were taken. The Range Rover is susceptible both to covetous glances and expensive parts, but its maker, Land Rover, dismissed concerns it is particularly vulnerable to theft, saying: “Land Rover vehicles conform to the legislation at the time of manufacture and [the company] takes the issue very seriously, working tirelessly to counter the ever-changing nature of vehicle thefts.”

Land Rover is one of the first manufacturers to successfully protect its new vehicles against relay attack which has been independently verified by the ADAC and Which? in 2019.

Meanwhile, the third-most stolen car in 2020 was the UK’s third-best-selling car, too, with 1,975 Volkswagen Golfs falling into criminals’ hands.

No11 is the Ford Kuga  620 cars stolen.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #137731 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

You’re safe with a Mini then?

#137733 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

I think they should have a breakdown of how many thefts were keyless that were stolen, now that would be intresting to know as well as how many were house raids to get the keys or car jackings…

#137742 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Go for a pink Citroen, no-one will ever think of stealing it.

#137745 Reply
    joss

No body wants to steal my X2 sport. suits me.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137785 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

The thieves are more interested in the catalytic converter these days than the car itself, none traceable and unlikely to get caught.
    I wonder if they’ve done a survey on the most popular car to have it’s cat nicked.

#137824 Reply
    joss

Well personally I don’t keep my Cat in the car! 😹😹

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137846 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wish they’d catch these mean thieves and return the cat’s to owners. Might stop ’em crapping in my garden.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: UK’s most stolen cars revealed
Your information: