Tyre sealant replacement?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Suffered yet another leaky tyre yesterday (about 5th or 6th in the 15 months of having the eC4, 2 repairs and this will be the 4th new tyre.

Anyway, had to use the compressor/ sealant this time to keep me going, it’s held for now and I’m booked in to Kwik Fit tomorrow. My question is, will Citroen dealer furnish me with a new bottle of sealant as part of Mob contract?

Do they make tyres out of recycled tissue paper these days?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Yes they will 🙂

Participant

Yes they will 🙂

Thanks Kezo, that’s handy as Citroen are next door to the Kwik Fit!

gilders
          Participant

Not had much look with Vertu KIA. They only stock Slime brand kit, rather than the OEM Continental kit that is easy to use and worked well.

Not only is the Slime kit fiddly (dismantle valve and then reassemble valve), the kits they stock  can’t even be used on SUVs (only cars up to a limited wheel size).

Motability were useless. I had to either buy the correct kit out of pocket (couldn’t claim cost back), or follow their advice – call RAC.

I know a lot of people have had extremely long waits for RAC. Ideally I’d have a spare wheel, but being a MHEV, the extra battery is in the spare wheel area.

Participant

Well, tyre replaced (punch)  and KF also said that two others were on the tread  depth they’re supposed to replace at – so three new tyres (think that’s six or seven now in15 months!

Popped nextdoor into Citroen who didn’t have a sealant bottle in store so just gave me one from a C4 in the showroom.

kezo
              Participant

Motability were useless. I had to either buy the correct kit out of pocket (couldn’t claim cost back)

So much for worry free motoring Gilders!

Well, tyre replaced (punch) and KF also said that two others were on the tread depth they’re supposed to replace at – so three new tyres (think that’s six or seven now in15 months! Popped nextdoor into Citroen who didn’t have a sealant bottle in store so just gave me one from a C4 in the showroom.

..And I bet they forget to replace it in the showroom car 🤣

At least your sorted 🙂

Participant

When I had my last puncture, Kwik Fit replaced ny sealant when they changed the tyre. Same stuff as the Kia had.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.