Two Movies (one very good, the other not so good, plus my fav movie of 2023)

• Creator
    Topic
    Gee
    Blocked

Just finished watching two movies back to back.

First up was Ridley Scott’s Napoleon starring Joequin Phoenix. Two and a half hours long i was really looking forward to this one unfortunately it was a major let down for me. Massive budget, some fine actors and based on one of history’s most infamous figures what could go wrong? well, for me it was boring, like super boring! i even struggled to watch all the way to the end. My Rating 6/10

Next up Martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon starring Leonardo DiCaprio + Robert De Niro. OMG i loved it! The story is 1920’s Oklahoma. Oil, Native Americans, and murder kinda sums it up. Great story, superb acting and must be a contender at the forthcoming Oscars. My Rating 8/10

Finally my fav movie of 2023 was ‘The Holdovers’ starring the amazing Paul Giamatti. If you haven’t already seen it you’re in for a rare treat because its brilliant from beginning to end therefore gets a fully deserved 10/10 from me. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      joss

Next up Martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon starring Leonardo DiCaprio + Robert De Niro. OMG i loved it! The story is 1920’s Oklahoma. Oil, Native Americans, and murder kinda sums it up. Great story, superb acting and must be a contender at the forthcoming Oscars. My Rating 8/10

I also watched this last night. It’s quite a long watch but the story is good, as is the acting. (When oil is discovered in 1920s Oklahoma under Osage Nation land, the Osage people are murdered one by one – until the FBI steps in to unravel the mystery.) Well worth a watch. 9/10 from me.

Joss
        Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Gee
        Blocked

Hi @joss

No complaints from me that you went with a 9/10 for ‘Killers of the Flower Moon.’ I was torn between 8/10 or 9/10 but settled for 8/10 only because at over three and a half hours long it was an hour too long in my opinion.

Participant

not out on bluray yet. i do have the audiobook tho

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
            Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Gee
            Blocked

Hi @Struth

Sorry to learn that your health hasn’t been great recently but happy to see you posting again.

Interesting comment from you re Audio Books. Its something that i’ve never tried – i’ll certainly be looking into it a bit more now though because reading books is getting more difficult with ageing eyesight.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.