traded in MGHS for Suzuki Swace

• Creator
    Topic
  • #188696 Reply
    Jonnybones
    Participant

I have just traded in my MGHS after one year, the only reason being that no matter how i drive I wasn’t getting any more than 30mpg! I contacted my local MG garage as i thought something was wrong but they found nothing.

After a chat with Motaility they said I could hand the car back and apply for another one, I have had it a year.

I went for the hybrid Suzuki Swace and love the car to bits, getting an average of 65mpg and the driving is so smooth. it was a lottery with the HS if when i put my foot down if it was going to move this was especially concerning in roundabouts and junctions, the delay was huge. with the electric motor the pickup is instant.

I was surprised Motaility let me hand my car back for poor fuel economy but the stipulation was i would not get my good condition bonus pro rata which did not bother me.

swace

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Jonnybones.
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188698 Reply
    Jonnybones
    Participant

swace

#188699 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I believe the HS had an average fuel consumption of 27.5mpg which is shocking. However MG has more accurate figures than the Hyundai Tuscon which certainly is no fuel sipper with 32mpg average over 1800 miles.

Anyway the Swace looks nice and I particularly like it in black 🙂

#188701 Reply
    Jonnybones
    Participant

believe it or not the colour is phantom brown never thought i would have a brown car but it is a lovely colour.

I cant believe the HS is so popular it was a nice enough car but the bongs telling you your wheels were not straight every time you got in the car started to grate a bit. and the fuel economy was shocking.

#188702 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

We have a Tuscon, just over 3 years old. Average fuel consumption is 32mpg. Only once have I achieved over 40 and on short runs and around town its in the mid to high 20’s. With petrol prices now £1.91 a litre, I am very conscious of the cost of every journey. In plain English 27p per mile on average, rising to 33p on a short run. Often its cheaper to pay the £1 or 2 delivery charge on takeaways rather than collect. I can see this adding to the stress and mental health concerns of many as economics will dictate and prevent them getting out as much as they used to or would like to.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by fwippers. Reason: A combination of spelling mistakes and additional information
    #188705 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

@jonnybones what was the delivery time or was it a stock car?

I Have been looking at the swace myself as it’s a Corrolla Touring for half  tge price..

Currently have a 2.0ltr auto Countryman which averages 38-40 and thats only short journeys

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Noel.
    #188709 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

We have a Tuscon, just over 3 years old. Average fuel consumption is 32mpg. Only once have I achieved over 40 and on short runs and around town its in the mid to high 20’s. With petrol prices now £1.91 a litre, I am very conscious of the cost of every journey. In plain English 27p per mile on average, rising to 33p on a short run. Often its cheaper to pay the £1 or 2 delivery charge on takeaways rather than collect. I can see this adding to the stress and mental health concerns of many as economics will dictate and prevent them getting out as much as they used to or would like to.

What year is yours @fwippers mine is mine is a 22 plate NX4 model where Hyundai supposedly improved fuel consumption. Since last fill up its doing 29mpg. Personally I don’t hold much hope for the new Sportage that shares the same I.6 engine other than the HEV.

#188713 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

believe it or not the colour is phantom brown never thought i would have a brown car but it is a lovely colour. I cant believe the HS is so popular it was a nice enough car but the bongs telling you your wheels were not straight every time you got in the car started to grate a bit. and the fuel economy was shocking.

I would never have thought it was brown. Still like the colour though.

I think the new Tuscon wins for its constant bongs and dings. It even dings when the vehicle in front has started moving away and the rev counter becomes a big warning display, It even goes into a fit of hysterical bongs should you cross a white line. I find them more of a distraction than a safety aid.

#188714 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

What year is yours @fwippers mine is mine is a 22 plate NX4 model where Hyundai supposedly improved fuel consumption. Since last fill up its doing 29mpg. Personally I don’t hold much hope for the new Sportage that shares the same I.6 engine other than the HEV.

Mine is a 19 plate. I knew the car was not great for fuel consumption. At 2019 prices, not a major issue, but at 2022! I think the newer models are better. Hyundai were always behind the curve on fuel economy, however they are ahead on electric cars, some of the most efficient.

#189049 Reply
    Jonnybones
    Participant

pretty good as they are made in the UK it was a 2 month wait for the sz-5 or 6 months for the sz-t went with the sz-5 as we really didn’t want to wait.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: traded in MGHS for Suzuki Swace
Your information: