Toyota Yaris is Car of the Year 2021

• Creator
    Topic
  • #141410 Reply
    Brydo

Hybrid supermini claims the top gong over rivals including Land Rover Defender and Volkswagen ID 3

The Toyota Yaris has been named Car of the Year 2021. The Yaris was named the winner in a ceremony hosted at the Palexpo exhibition centre in Geneva, on the eve of when the Geneva International Motor Show would have been held. For the second year running, the show was cancelled owing to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Yaris supermini, which is offered only as a petrol-electric hybrid, scored 266 points as it saw off challenges from six other shortlisted cars.

The runner-up was the Fiat 500 Electric, with 240 points, while the Cupra Formentor crossover finished in third, with 239 points. The Volkswagen ID 3 (224 points), Skoda Octavia (199 points), Land Rover Defender (164 points) and Citroën C4 (143 points) completed the seven-car shortlist. It’s the second time a Yaris has won the award – the first-generation Yaris was named Car of the Year in 2000.

Matt Harrison, executive vice-president of Toyota Europe, said: “This is a great honour for Toyota and I’d like to thank the jury for their consideration and recognition. I’d also like to take this opportunity to recognise the passion of our development teams in Europe and Japan. This is the best-ever Yaris, and just as Akio Toyoda intended, it is already putting a smile on the face of our customers.”

Car of the Year is an independent organisation supported by nine automotive publications from nine European countries, including Autocar, that provide all of its funding. It accepts no sponsorship, has no tables at awards ceremonies for sale and charges winning or shortlisted car makers nothing for use of its logo.

The award is voted on by a jury comprising 59 journalists, including Autocar’s Matt Prior and Andrew Frankel, from 22 countries.

The Car of the Year award was established in 1964, with the Rover 2000 taking top honours.

The Peugeot 208 claimed the prize last year, with the Jaguar I-Pace winning in 2019 on a countback after it finished equal first with the Alpine A110.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #147860 Reply
    billy mitchell

IS IT JUST THE CAR WE BOUGHT OR DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM

DashCam !!!!! on the Apple car play there is no Car Dashcam apk ..taken back to dealer and they adviser us to take out the SD card to view files on the PC …that is a BIG B/S…what happens if someone runs into our car and they insist that it was not their fault …..have looked in the google play store for apk ..On the DashCan instructions book the QR is for  games…SO can someone who has been able to get the APK for the camera enlighten us on how to install

#147862 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I had test drive in new Yaris for 2 hours was great ride etc but I found it noisey and unrefined radio was poor too so I had CHR instead

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#147864 Reply
    Richard

Bit confused, you won’t get an apk for Apple carplay. Apk stands for Android package you can’t install anything android on an Apple ecosystem.

Admittedly all mine are aftermarket dashcam but none of them have the ability to remote view & need a PC. If someone is that belligerent roadside they’re probably not going to be prepared to watch a video, ultimately all that matters is you have something lolicw/insurers can view dashcam footage isn’t necessary to show the person responsible the error of their ways.

Hope you can figure it out & can work it the way you want, if not & it means that much to you maybe I can suggest a 7″ tablet to keep in the car that has a microsd slot & use microsd cards in sd card adapters in your dashcam (if the dash as doesn’t just use micro sd anyway mine do)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Toyota Yaris is Car of the Year 2021
Your information: