Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

• Creator
    Topic
    Zaheer76

Does anyone know if the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid (due to be in showrooms next week apparently) is likely to appear on the Motability Scheme? Thank you in advance.

Viewing 18 replies - 126 through 143 (of 143 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      SaintsMan

Persuader

If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen.

Unfortunately the advert sunk in to so many people in the 80’s

Ian

Toyota are the 6th biggest company in the world…………They haven’t managed that by building cars that are no good…..want one!

wmcforum
          Which Mobility Car

We have given the RAV4 a good going over and can respect that it is really a marmite car, not just the looks but the driving experience too. CVT aside, can’t decide if it is a genius hybrid system or just a really good petrol engine. No doubting that using electric assistance to start the car moving does have a positive effect on economy. For those with a very light right foot it could be an excellent choice.

The SUV hybrid choice on the Scheme is between the Outlander with an advanced plugin electric unit and a disaster of a petrol engine or the RAV4 which some may say is the other way around. We are nearly there, if only the manufacturers would stop stalling progress of electrification by promoting ‘self charging hybrids’ they should not be allowed to use the word Hybrid unless the car can travel 50 miles on electric power alone.

Toyota Rav4 Hybrid

Oscarmax
            Participant

We had a Toyota Aygo  in 11 years not one problem, I would like too see one and test it in real life before making assumptions. According to the forum your driving style needs to adjust to the CVT transmissions.

One of our neighbours has the new Toyota Corolla hybrid estate in silver gorgeous looking car with very large boot, he is getting around 60 mpg and on his 3rd Toyota Hybrid.

Brydo
              Participant

10 best-selling car models in the world 2018: News

Rav4 at No. 4

https://recpc.com/10-best-selling-car-models-in-the-world/

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

wmcforum
                Which Mobility Car

10 best-selling car models in the world 2018: News Rav4 at No. 4 https://recpc.com/10-best-selling-car-models-in-the-world/

Do you mean number four because you are removing the pickup truck or are you simply prone to exaggeration.

Brydo
                  Participant

Sorry, No.5 not No.4

vinalspin
                    Participant

That is a list of all cars sold ever so the majority of all rav4’s sold are the previous 4 versions, doesn’t exactly represent how good the new one is or how well it will sell.

Persuader

Vinalspin, that’s scraping the barrel a bit. The point made was Toyota need to step up. I think the barrage of responses above provide evidence that it’s already up there.

I personally haven’t had one but I am in awe of their skill in nailing reliability and durability. And they were simply light years ahead in terms of hybrids.

They’ve been criticised for being dull and safe designs for decades so it seems churlish to complain when they go a bit whacky!

Brydo
                        Participant

If you carry out an internet search for best selling cars of 2018 RAV4 is there on almost all of them. obviously past performance is no guarantee of future sales but it gives a good indication of how sales might go. Car buyers throughout the world are happy with the quality performance and handling of the RAV4. Off course they could all be wrong.

vinalspin
                          Participant

No complaint of being wacky, quite like the styling, not so keen on the use of cheap plastics on areas there you’re physically going to be making contact with(armrest on door etc) and the use of the cvt box.

As far as sales of previous models go it might translate to this model but no one really knows until they sell said millions, still doesn’t mean it’s a good car, millions voted for Trump?!?

brydo

Don’t think that’s a reasonable analogy to use as these cars have been purchased year after year based on feed back from those who purchased them. People voted for Trump in a one off vote with no knowledge of how good he would be.

Macca

Now if we’re talking about something that looks freaky weird ….

Brydo
                                Participant

He’s been tango’d lol

moggy
                                  Participant

Persuader

If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen.

Can’t falt you there Persuader, you know your onions.

vinalspin
                                    Participant

That all depends if the previous buyers that had petrol and diesel will all want the petrol hybrid?

Philjb

Id possibly have a Lexus if one ever came on the scheme it would have to look better then that effort william launched

Not a fan of marmite either never have been

But id have my old nm2 16v golf gti back in a heartbeat, even just to look at.

Now that was a thing of beauty without risking indecisive marmite buyers  ?

if I didn’t live in London, with a garage full of kids belongings to that is

I gave the in-laws a massage a drive out and a go on the lovely vw comfort seats today, 2 more fans signed up.

Still Love that car it just does everything fuss free.

As im sure all my fellow members cars do too.

Oscarmax
                                        Participant

Well popped into the Toyota dealers and had a look at the new RAV4, I must admit it looks better in real life, make my Kuga look dated and drab. I am not due till this time next year, lets see what the completion comes up with.

Viewing 18 replies - 126 through 143 (of 143 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.