Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

• Creator
    Topic
    Zaheer76

Does anyone know if the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid (due to be in showrooms next week apparently) is likely to appear on the Motability Scheme? Thank you in advance.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 143 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Participant

I like it pity the cvt box but would need a test drive first

Brydo
          Participant

Looks good Mike.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
            Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Participant

Participant

Looks fab in darker colours Brydo

Brydo
                Participant

It certainly does Mike, impressive.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                  Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

moggy
                  Participant

Ha ha , you guys would make a good advert for Specsavers.

Sorry its a big no for me.

Dragonfly

The face of the Toyota RAV4 reminds me of a Gila Monster

Gila Monster

Participant

Participant

That red does look nice like Trevs CX 5 red ?

Macca

One thing that the Rav has been criticised for is noise. When i checked it out at the weekend we didn’t take it out but did start it up. I did think it was noisy even just on tick over.

Probably will take it out at some point and see how the noise is on the road.

Trev
                            Participant

Can only go what i’ve seen online, not seen it in the flesh, but would be a thumbs down for me… those wheel arches…urghh!

vinalspin
                              Participant

That bag of slop CVT rubber band excuse for a gearbox would put me off any car, drove the C-HR and it was hideous, I’d rather have herpes!

Philjb

There’s no excuse these days for a slow sat nav and infotainment system.

Plus again those ugly square wheel arches yuck. The noises are the bands in the gearbox at low speed, I saw a road test and one of the new hybrid Kia’s did the same.

Why in 2019 would put up with that, as I live in London and have a lot of slow traffic why would I want that?

No thanks, come on Toyota you can do much better, build a good car not a cheap looking and sounding one.

Macca

Err …. is herpes on the Toyota options list ?

I’ll give that a miss !

vinalspin
                                    Participant

Wouldn’t surprise me, probably part of a £1,200 pack.

Abercol
                                      Participant

Damn, vinalspin, you owe me a new keyboard…or at least a wet wipe to remove the coffee…lol

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Trev
                                        Participant

There’s no excuse these days for a slow sat nav and infotainment system. Plus again those ugly square wheel arches yuck. The noises are the bands in the gearbox at low speed, I saw a road test and one of the new hybrid Kia’s did the same. Why in 2019 would put up with that, as I live in London and have a lot of slow traffic why would I want that? No thanks, come on Toyota you can do much better, build a good car not a cheap looking and sounding one.

I see quite often it’s not the model, but the trim level that dictates what standard of Sat-Nav / Infortainment system you have – basic trims will have slower processors, poorer and smaller screens, whilst higher trim levels have the all singing/dancing versions….. sometime i wonder if there is much of a manufacturer cost difference between the versions, and that they are done this way more as a means of up-selling… though i guess that’s the same with everything, i.e only electric windows in the front.

vinalspin
                                          Participant

Abercol, I’ll gladly provide anybody with wet wipes, especially those who decide to buy one of these bags of s###e, just to wipe the dribble from their chin(and to clean the windows)

Looks are to each their own but that awful driving experience should have died with the 80’s volvo 340’s!

SaintsMan

I had a Volvo 340 and loved it, drove it from RAF Brüggen to Grindelwald Switzerland every other weekend without a problem. The things we do for love?.

37 years later we’re still together, the wife that is, not the car.

vinalspin
                                              Participant

Exactly my point, time and place, that horrible drivetrain had it’s time, 37 years ago, why on earth do they think it’s a good idea now?

Philjb

Trev

they normally give car wow the top spec or near the top to test, there comment was consider it, but there were far to many niggles for the price and compared to the competition.

Toyota tend to use cheaper materials for interiors. You’d think the would learn.

Toyota should be able to make electronics that don’t take an age to start up and are slow to operate.

Not for that money.

Its a shame because I’d love them to step up and build a really good car.

Participant

Phil they do build a good car as in Lexus their luxury brand but alas not on motability

Persuader

Not sure Toyota need to step up at all. They are consistently utterly reliable and bombproof. Moreso that so called reliable brands.

Participant

As you can see it looks a lot like it’s Lexus brother 

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 143 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.