Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

This topic contains 143 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Oscarmax 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #70123 Reply
    Zaheer76

Does anyone know if the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid (due to be in showrooms next week apparently) is likely to appear on the Motability Scheme? Thank you in advance.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75213 Reply
    Zaheer76

I personally like the grey interior – but it would have to come with Panoramic Sunroof

#75214 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I like an electric sliding sunroof

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#75218 Reply
    Macca

The Rav4 came onto the scheme on friday buddy.

#75222 Reply
    Philjb

That’s what I mean about the door arm padding, where did it go, or is that Uber weight savings?

#75223 Reply
    Philjb

It looks really odd as the arm rest is black? It looks Yuck? To me I’m afraid.

#75714 Reply
    Macca

Ok, so decided to scratch my Toyota itch today. Called into the dealership, and first checked out the C-HR. Didn’t expect it to be suitable, and despite a very decent package, having managed to crack my head on the roof getting in … and out, it underlined that its not ideal for a 6’2″ frame. Surprisingly decent boot for the size of the car though.

Onto the Rav4, I was able to check out an Excel spec. It had the black leather with silver stiching and that looked damn fine and seemed very comfy. With me in the drivers seat, the 6 foot salesman was sat comfortably behind me. I thought the cabin was a very nice place to be, just a shame you can’t get a black headlining on an Excel spec. The biggest surprise was the size of the boot, its huge, almost as big as our Santa Fe. Today wasn’t a test drive day, more a look, touch and feel. If and when we do want to take one out for a test drive i’m gonna be keen to see what I make of the centre console over the course of a decent drive. It looks great and makes you feel like you’re in a cockpit, but it does narrow the legroom whereas the Santa Fe’s console is cutaway to give more legroom. Time will tell on that.

Glad we checked it out though.

#75716 Reply
    moggy
    Participant

I think the interior looks fine but the exterior is just plain ugly. There’s not many cars I wouldn’t buy because of looks, especially if it was a good car but this is one along with the Fiat multipla. I think I’d feel a bit self-conscious driving it.

#75717 Reply
    Macca

Not for everyone granted

#75718 Reply
    Macca

For anyone interested in the Rav4, with an hour to kill, this review has to be the most detailed i’ve seen yet :

#75720 Reply
    moggy
    Participant

To me it’s a shame, iv’e no doubt it’s a good reliable car but those looks.

#75721 Reply
    Macca

Its pushing the boundaries for sure, but lets face it we don’t all like the same things. Overall i like it, but i don’t like the rear lights especially

#75725 Reply
    Dragonfly

They do say that Beauty is only skin deep but ugliness goes right to the bone, in this case the chassis. 🙂

#75727 Reply
    Macca

Haha even fugly to some for sure

#75778 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’ve just watched the video I would like to take Louise minchin in the same countryside for a picnic on a warm summer day in a silver coloured one

#75800 Reply
    Philjb

For me following that review , it looks like most toyota interiors, cheap and lots of hard plastic.

And did Anyone mention it’s ugly.

#75809 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Phil it doesn’t look so bad in silver with silver alloys I built it on Toyotas website it depends on model

#75826 Reply
    SaintsMan

At least it’s not a bland, dull, boring, lifeless, VW.

#75832 Reply
    Persuader

well said SaintsMain!!

#75835 Reply
    Macca

If nothing else, its getting talked about …… haha

#75836 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Let’s take a vote, I like it ?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#75837 Reply
    Macca

Yep, i like it too

#75841 Reply
    JS

Thumbs up from me.

#75843 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

It starting to grow on me I would like too see one in real life, plenty of space for my scooter, the excel is full loaded and a better AP than the Honda CRV.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#75844 Reply
    Dragonfly

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it’s the wheel arches that I find a little odd however, it is a very angular design.

#75846 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

thumbs down from me – I was originally very pro but after hands on and research its a no no – reason…

1 poor quality interior

2 poor (dated) infortainment

3 cvt box

4 sunroof and 360 camera cost cira £1600 🙁 ouch!

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 143 total)
Reply To: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: