Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

This topic contains 143 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Oscarmax 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #70123 Reply

Zaheer76

Does anyone know if the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid (due to be in showrooms next week apparently) is likely to appear on the Motability Scheme? Thank you in advance.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #70972 Reply

Magnum Mike
    Participant

Totally agree oscarmax your quiet have you got another glowing review like you put under my reply it seems people agree with me you want to drive one instead of finding a review to doubt my reply

I like Magnums....

#70980 Reply

Zaheer76

CVT boxes are fine – as long as you drive steady and not thrash the car!!

#70982 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Totally agree oscarmax your quiet have you got another glowing review like you put under my reply it seems people agree with me you want to drive one instead of finding a review to doubt my reply

Sorry if you are offended Mike, that was not my intention, I just posted the RAC reviews for others to browse, as regards the Toyota CVT gearbox yes I have driven a Toyota IQ with the CVT we quite liked it.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/toyota/toyota-rav4-2019-road-test/

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Oscarmax.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#70997 Reply

Magnum Mike
    Participant

I’m sorry oscarmax I took it the wrong way I was just trying to warn people of the gearbox but if people think it’s quiet and changes fine we’ll thats fine we all have different opinions . I’ve drove my neighbours CHR hybrid twice and shocked at the difference to my dsg gearbox

I like Magnums....

#71001 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I’m sorry oscarmax I took it the wrong way I was just trying to warn people of the gearbox but if people think it’s quiet and changes fine we’ll thats fine we all have different opinions . I’ve drove my neighbours CHR hybrid twice and shocked at the difference to my dsg gearbox

The problem is the VW DSG gearbox is a work of art, you cannot compare it with a CVT, you will always be disappointed, I personally cannot understand why Toyota has still using this gearbox when more advanced alternatives are available. We have the Ford Powershift in our Kuga is nowhere as good as the daughter Audi Q5 DSG.

VW Golf/Passat GTE have an adapted  DSG again an excellent solution, the downside it is so popular VW have suspended all order due to unprecedented demand.

And as I previously stated I cannot see the advantage of the Toyota Rav4 to mobility customers, there is not tax incentives like business users plus there are better value car like the VW Tiguan 150 DSG AP £1149 or the Allspace Match £1449.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#71034 Reply

Zaheer76

No Advantage to Motability customers in what sense? For me personally as long as the AP is lower than the Tiguan, I think I’ll be saving loads in fuel costs considering a difference of 10-15 mpg realistically (WLTP figures). One of the main reasons I want the RAV4 is because of it being hybrid and the fact that most of my driving is in town (70-30). I also find the interior of the RAV to be better laid out and more comfortable than that of the Tiguan or X1.

This is a surprise as I have only had BMW Audi and VW exclusively during the past two decades!

#71045 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

I considered the old RAV4, looks weren’t great but Toyota have produced a cracking new one, lets hope it makes its way on the scheme.

#71047 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

No Advantage to Motability customers in what sense? For me personally as long as the AP is lower than the Tiguan, I think I’ll be saving loads in fuel costs considering a difference of 10-15 mpg realistically (WLTP figures). One of the main reasons I want the RAV4 is because of it being hybrid and the fact that most of my driving is in town (70-30). I also find the interior of the RAV to be better laid out and more comfortable than that of the Tiguan or X1. This is a surprise as I have only had BMW Audi and VW exclusively during the past two decades!

That it if the AP lower than the Tiguan,  I could justify it but I would imagine being a new model it will be similar the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. At present there is some good deals on the Tijuana, but the pricing structure seems a bit strange.

Unfortunately I am a little bias I much prefer a Mitsubishi PHEV, my energy company Octupus only charge 5 pence per kWh to charge off peak overnight, a full charge would cost 50 pence for 25 plus miles.

#71886 Reply

Zaheer76

Been told my Motability and Toyota this morning that the new Hybrid RAV4 is very likely to come onto the scheme by 1st April!

#71934 Reply

Persuader

My guess is an AP of over £3k…. For a car with a poundland CVT gearbox!

#71935 Reply

Mike

Totally agree well said

#71936 Reply

Mike

April 1st is the right date

#71937 Reply

Persuader

Nice one Mike!

#72632 Reply

Stewart

Saw one in the flesh today and thought how cheap and tacky the interior is.

Reminded me of Datsun’s in the 1970’s.

#74519 Reply

Macca

I asked my local toyota dealership for an update on the Rav4, and the motability guy advised :

“I spoke to Motability the other day and they confirmed that the Rav-4 will be added to the scheme in the next few weeks. They cant confirm at the moment what the Advance payment will be but it should released soon”

Watch this space then ….

#74575 Reply

Magnum Mike
    Participant

It does look good on the advert

I like Magnums....

#74578 Reply

Macca

I did enjoy Matt’s Carwow vid on youtube where he likens it to a stormtrooper in white, …  i think he’s right too …

#74590 Reply

Philjb

Sorry all, hers me biggin up the Tiguan again, but that rav 4 had nothing to make me want to chop mine in? It already looked dated.

Plus That gearbox terrible gearbox.

Today I checked my weekly average mpg, bear in mind I live in London but do use the A3 and M25 a fair bit.

It’s average was a 61.4mpg.

much better then I had expected, we even had the sunroof open too.

Not too shabby I don’t think and it’s got a heated massage seat.    😍😍😍

Plus you have  extra long storage when you fold the drivers seat flat.

i do like that vw.

😎

#74597 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I think looks wise the RAV4is a fine looking car, the Tiguan is a plain looking car theres no doubt about that. The R line is sharper but to me the SEL is bland.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#74614 Reply

Macca

The key thing with the Tiguan for me, and i would say this of the R Line too, is that its a very ‘safe’ germanic design. Absolutely nothing wrong with that for those that like that, but theres nothing radical there.

Its also a little too restrictive for tall people, at 6’2″ i just wasn’t comfortable in it.

I may not get comfortable in the Rav but i’m keen to find out at least.

#74616 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

There is no doubt the Tiguan is a very good car, but looks wise, not for me.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#74617 Reply

Macca

<p style=”text-align: left;”>One thing that has got my curiousity with the Tiguan though, if you fold the drivers seat flat to get that extra long storage, well …. err…. how do you drive it ?</p>

#74619 Reply

Philjb

Opps

passenger seat.

Though ive not tried the drivers seat?

I guess you could drive it sat on the long box. 👍🏻😂

#74620 Reply

Philjb

Looks wise it depends a lot on the colour you choose.

But im not interested in looks just reliability and comfort.

The Dsg box is so smooth and with crumbling joints the massage seat included was the decider.

I think the latest ones have extra padding to the seats, as I had read some American buyers complain the massage seat was too hard? Not something that’s a problem on our 2019 car.

#74630 Reply

Michael Seignot

Honest John’s ‘Real MPG’ is a good guide to true figures.  Most onboard readouts are quite optimistic.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/volkswagen/tiguan-2016

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 143 total)
Reply To: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: