Toyota Prius named UK’s most accident-prone car

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Trev 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #72463 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

The Toyota Prius is involved in 111 crashes for every 10,000 Priuses on the road; Vauxhall is the most accident-prone brand
    The Toyota Prius has been named the UK’s most accident-prone car, being involved in 111 crashes for every 10,000 examples of the model on the road.

Data from GoCompare shows there were around 71,000 Priuses registered in the UK in 2016, with 787 accidents in the same year involving the model.

• No-deal Brexit could close up to 1,000 car repair companies

Second place went to the Citroen Saxo, which had an accident rate of 106 out of every 10,000 examples. The BMW 330d was third with 102 out of every 10,000 being involved in a crash.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/prius/106305/toyota-prius-named-uk-s-most-accident-prone-car

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #72465 Reply

JS (justsaying)

So basically Taxis have a lot of accidents

#72466 Reply

Robert

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Probably caused by pedestrians walking out in front of them since they haven’t heard them.</p>

#72467 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Dont think we have any prius taxis up here JS.

#72468 Reply

David
    Participant

So basically Taxis have a lot of accidents

I’m a hackney taxi driver would you care to elaborate.

#72470 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Most places that are not black cabs are Prius’s and alike places I go.

#72472 Reply

Trev

Bit odd to report on statistics from 3 years ago, surely they would have 2017, if not 2018 figures by now.

Surprise for me was the Saxo in 2nd – is there that many Saxo’s out on the road LOL

When i lived in Portland, nr Weymouth JP, taxi’s were mainly Pirus’s, Astra estate’s, or Insignia’s

I'm running the Virgin London Marathon 2019 in support of MIND The Mental Health Charity

#72474 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Biggest buyer of Prius are taxi drivers(not in london)

Citroen Saxo, 106 per 10,000? stopped selling the Saxo in 2004 and only 15,000 left registered on the roads in the uk!

#72476 Reply

Mike11
    Participant

Trev Weymouth is gorgeous lovely beach

#72481 Reply

mitch
    Participant

a lot of prius taxis in notts, and given the way they drive i am not suprised they think they own the roads.

#72498 Reply

Trev

Trev Weymouth is gorgeous lovely beach

Yes Mike, one of the best in the south (excluding south-west) spent most of my time on the chesil beach fishing, only when we had visitors would go the sandy bay.

I'm running the Virgin London Marathon 2019 in support of MIND The Mental Health Charity

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Toyota Prius named UK’s most accident-prone car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: