Toyota Delivery Times

This topic contains 34 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rean 4 days, 23 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #79132 Reply

Thebatswhiskers

Hi all!

First time Motability user and very excited! I placed my order for a Toyota Prius+ one month ago and was wondering if anyone had any ideas how long the wait times usually are for Toyota? I’ve heard everything from 2-12 weeks but would love some real life experiences if possible please. Thank you 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #79167 Reply

Michael Seignot

When I ordered my Toyota in 2018 I was told 6 weeks and it arrived to the exact day, and that was being built AND shipped from Japan.

#79176 Reply

Adam Bourley

whilst looking at the rav4 about 2 weeks ago, the salesman was telling us to try the Prius+ as it was very good value and had a large boot, he then mentioned that availability was end of September at the earliest.

our RAV4 is due end of October/ early November but was told that was because Toyota had underestimated the demand for them

adam

#79217 Reply

Thebatswhiskers

Thank you both very much.

Michael, that’s very promising. I think the Prius+ is being built in Japan too..fingers crossed I won’t have too much of a wait then.

Adam, I saw the RAV4 when I looked at the Prius+ – lovely looking car. I hope you don’t have to wait too long. I was told some colours were coming in end of August and some were due end of September for the Prius+ so I opted for one of the colours due sooner, they promised end of August was worst case scenario.. it’s hard not to get excited waiting!

#79225 Reply

Donkey Oatie

has anyone found any discounts on the RAV4

#79227 Reply

Ian

It takes 32 days to ship a car from Japan I think you may have had a car already built?

#79238 Reply

Thebatswhiskers

Sorry Donkey, I can’t say I have.

Thanks for that Ian, that’s an interesting piece of info. If it takes that long just to ship it over and they’re promising end of August for delivery hopefully the dealer might have some information on build dates etc soon.

#79241 Reply

Ian

I used to work for Toyota logistics  a few years ago.

Japan produced cars used to sit in Avonmouth after delivery from the deep sea vessels.

UK produced vehicles sat in Derby.

The 2 sets of cars were then mixed to suit dealer delivery

Your vehicle already be on a ship!

Vehicle production and scheduling is an actual artform when I was working in Derby building Avensis and Corolla there was literally 2 days stock of all parts and many wagons delivering everyday. This was to try to ensure that cash was not being tied up in material not being used. It was fine until the motorway shut and vehicles couldn’t get through….

#79283 Reply

Adam Bourley

The other issue with long delivery times is the dealer.

The first dealership we visited had a really great mobility salesman, he told us up front that his dealership (3 branches) had used all their factory order allocation until the end of the year and  wasn’t happy to take our order as he didn’t have any idea of when the car would arrive! That said he was happy for us to try the car and answered all stupid questions I came up with, even though he knew he wouldn’t get a sale.

Are all dealers this honest?

adam

#79316 Reply

myself33
    Participant

As per my post on the RAV4 thread, I have spoken to other Toyota dealers today, who all say, last week the RAV4 was showing Oct delivery, all now showing March delivery.

It’s like been “between a rock and a hard place” as in the long wait, but also for me, nothing else offers the ease of access, comfort, gizmos, and mpg.

Going to make a decision early next quarter on whether to cancel or not, if something new comes on.

#79831 Reply

Thebatswhiskers

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain the process, Ian, much appreciated and very interesting to learn about. Really hope you’re right and the car is already on its way! Hopefully the dealer will be able to tell me soon. It’s a shame Toyota don’t have a tracking facility.

Adam, I’m glad you had such a good dealer. From what I’ve read on here it can be a mixed bag. Our local Toyota dealer was very friendly and helpful.

Myself, sorry you have such a long wait 🙁 it sounds like the RAV4 has been a very popular choice. It certainly looked a beauty! It’s the same for me, regardless of the wait, the Prius+ has been the only suitable vehicle we could find for my needs. I hope they either surprise you with an earlier delivery or you find something equally as good in Q3!

You’re all making me even more impatient for Delivery Day now!! 🙂

#84180 Reply

john

Ordered a Rav 4 in may, was told delivery date of October. Just received phone call to say if I wanted the model I had ordered it would be next May. I was told I could have a 4×4 Rav by November If I changed my order. We are paying the extra for the 4×4 instead of waiting.

#84196 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

The Prius looks good in silver

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#84334 Reply

Adam

John

We were in the same position as you, ordered a RAV4 Dynamic 2wd model, delivery date went into next year and got a phone call saying if we changed to Excel 4wd version it would arrive this year. Decided to go for Excel version even though we preferred the look of the Dynamic and the 4wd version wasn’t on the scheme. All was good until I read today that the 4wd Dynamic has joined the scheme!

i must stop reading cars on the scheme posts!

adam

#84343 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

John We were in the same position as you, ordered a RAV4 Dynamic 2wd model, delivery date went into next year and got a phone call saying if we changed to Excel 4wd version it would arrive this year. Decided to go for Excel version even though we preferred the look of the Dynamic and the 4wd version wasn’t on the scheme. All was good until I read today that the 4wd Dynamic has joined the scheme! i must stop reading cars on the scheme posts! adam

Correct me if I am wrong ‘ the dynamic 4wd is also the same AP as the excel?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#84352 Reply

Adam

Oscarmax

just to confuse us even more, today’s addition Dynamic is £2795 has a strange reference number starting 688 rather than 708 like the rest and is listed on the motability site with the 2wd bhp!

its currently £50 more than the Excel 4wd version so it may be the 2wd with an option fitted as the ap difference between the 2wd and 4wd is £500.

adam

#84353 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Yes you are right, have noticed Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, the Juro and now the  Design and Verve all at the same AP, but vary slightly in specification and manufacture price?

Maybe Mitsubishi is starting feel the pressure from the new RAV4 and upcoming PHEV, I read somewhere Mitsubishi had a new 2020 in conjunction with Nissan but plans were shelved.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#84359 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Is the Rav 4 wheel drive a Hybrid ?

#85580 Reply

kmb786
    Participant

Hi All,

I ordered the RAV4 Design 2WD end of April and have been told that there is no news on delivery yet and will probably be Sept/Oct.

Has anyone had a confirmed date for their RAV4 yet?

Are you allowed to cancel the order as its taking too long and our PIP runs until March 2021 but I have read on PIP forums that DWP start reviewing one year before.

Thanks

#85586 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’d like a Rav 4 March 2021 do I order March next year ?

#85876 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Oscarmax just to confuse us even more, today’s addition Dynamic is £2795 has a strange reference number starting 688 rather than 708 like the rest and is listed on the motability site with the 2wd bhp! its currently £50 more than the Excel 4wd version so it may be the 2wd with an option fitted as the ap difference between the 2wd and 4wd is £500. adam

Just got off the phone from Motability the RAV4 Dynamic with the no starting 688 @£2795 is a 2WD but has the panoramic roof option, it is shame it not the 4WD version.

According to Motability I am due to change order on the 29th February, however 2020 is not a leap year, so they said  it maybe 28th February or the 1st March?

I did ask about Brexit and the AP, they informed they will use their reserves.

#85877 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Remember Kia and Hyundai are bringing out SUV hybrids with a lot quicker delivery times be sure to be on motability very soon

#85895 Reply

Carmad

Spoke with Toyota dealer in July and was told it i ordered then that I would be looking at delivery in March / April, 9/10 month wait!!

#85899 Reply

kmb786
    Participant

Hi,

Just an update…. initial order was beginning of May this year for Rav4 Design 2WD in Dercuma Grey.

Spoke to Toyota agent yesterday who tells me that I might not get it this year due to the queue as there are still 334 orders in the queue. However, I had the option to change to Design AWD but in Urban Khaki colour which is £500 extra and can be delivered end of November so I have gone for this one so lets hope I get my Rav4 end of November.

#85914 Reply

AK

Hi ‘Thebatswhiskers’ and everyone

I am also awaiting my Prius +. Was told 1st week of September and guess what… Yahoooooo

Rang my local dealer in Brum today and was told the confirmed delivery date of 3rd Sep.

Hopefully will then get my one a day or 2 afterwards ?

Good luck to you all as well.

#86270 Reply

Thebatswhiskers

Thanks AK, i hope you enjoy your Prius+! I cancelled mine and changed to a Kia some months back after being messed around with delivery dates so I’m glad to see yours was honoured. Enjoy!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
Reply To: Toyota Delivery Times

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: