Toyota CHR just ordered

• Creator
    Topic
  • #134921 Reply
    Mike11

Just ordered my Toyota CHR 1.8 hybrid Design model for March 16th pick up talked on phone to the motability man at his home has had his card from test drive over a month ago ! He says delivery could be 10 weeks it’s the new 2021 spec with new front and rear lights and ambient lighting inside he is going into showroom next week just 5 miles from me so I’m dropping my licence and pips award letter off for him ! The design model has everything I want keyless entry heated seats park assist auto folding mirrors 18 inch alloys sat nav etc I’m having metal stream met paint very popular on Chr forum changes from grey to silver depending on light looks nice with the big silver face alloys

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #138490 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Yes when B is selected it is as if the brakes are being gently applied but I think it’s just selecting a deliberately lower gear ratio to use the engine as a brake, like you would by selecting a low gear in a manual box with foot off the accelerator going down hill.

I think the B option is only available on the 1.8 Toyota’s, the 2 litres have the S option with flappy paddles.

#138500 Reply
    Chub

B slows you down and also puts power into the battery a salesman in Toyota advised me t to use it to get the best electric miles. As I said I didn’t use it for most of the time of having the car. You will find what suits you beat you will challenge your self and will always try to be on electric.

#138501 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou so much for your replies on have 2 steep hills I often use so it’s best to put it in b before I go down them ?

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#138503 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Thankyou so much for your replies on have 2 steep hills I often use so it’s best to put it in b before I go down them ?

Have a look at this from Toyota’s official blog.

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/hybrid-driving-technique-toyotas-top-tips-for-achieving-the-best-fuel-economy-in-your-hybrid

#138505 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Have a look at this from Toyota’s official blog. https://blog.toyota.co.uk/hybrid-driving-technique-toyotas-top-tips-for-achieving-the-best-fuel-economy-in-your-hybrid

.   That’s fantastic to read Marc many thanks I’ve always put it in neutral at a standstill in my Golf but not advised in new CHR good job I’ve read that

#138581 Reply
    Alan Howard

Thinking of going for the 1.8 design.

#138601 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

That what I’ve ordered Alan in metal stream metallic

#138602 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

This is the Design Alan in Metal stream 

#138631 Reply
    Gordon

Mike, that looks stunning, great colour, I’m sure you will be really pleased. I’m still really enjoying my Prius plus, although it seems to mostly be transporting me to hospital appointments just now, once I keep clearing the snow and ice. You got a good deal as well for the CHR.

#138634 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Mike, that looks stunning, great colour, I’m sure you will be really pleased. I’m still really enjoying my Prius plus, although it seems to mostly be transporting me to hospital appointments just now, once I keep clearing the snow and ice. You got a good deal as well for the CHR.

Indeed it’s a lot of car for the AP, I’ll also add a very good looking car as well.

#138679 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

.   What’s your MPG like Gordon in the winter ?

#138717 Reply
    Gordon

Hi Mike, it’s gone down a bit as I’ve got everything going, I’m about 58mpg just now which I’m happy with. There has been snow on the ground here for about 39 days now so the heated seats and heater are on all the time!

#138750 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

That’s still good mpg Gordon in the winter

#138785 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’ve always liked the C-HR for looks and it’s the right sort of size for our next car if we give up the X1 in the summer.  My experience of it has been two loan cars from Eurocar, one of which stank of dog and the other cigarettes, and I found them a bit noisy due to the CVT box.  Maybe when the opportunity arises I should look at a new one but it would need to have a low AP.

#140459 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

The C-HR GR Sport is on the scheme now £1,995 AP for the 1.8, more than I was expecting. Not sure it’s worth £1,200 pounds more than the Design.

#140461 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

The C-HR GR Sport is on the scheme now £1,995 AP for the 1.8, more than I was expecting. Not sure it’s worth £1,200 pounds more than the Design.

I agree mark I have back problems so wouldn’t want the sports suspension etc I’m happy with the 1.8 design hybrid at £795 get in 4 weeks can’t wait already have the reg number motability man emailed me

#140464 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

I agree mark I have back problems so wouldn’t want the sports suspension etc I’m happy with the 1.8 design hybrid at £795 get in 4 weeks can’t wait already have the reg number motability man emailed me

Yes I think you are correct, let us know if it comes with blind spot monitoring I don’t think it will though.

#144140 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

The C-HR Design 1800 is now £2545 AP.

#144142 Reply
    Mike11

Omg Marc I got a bargain at £795 I love it

#144148 Reply
    Dante

My delay hasn’t paid off – the CHR design 1.8 was top of my shortlist & at £795 but now £2495 – I never expected it to go up, nevermind by that amount. But although I’d had a short test drive I wanted to test drive longer – c’est la vie & well done to those who got orders in Q1 etc… happy motoring 🙂 but also had had differing information from dealers / sales people within the same Toyota group of dealers which had tarnished my enthusiasm

#144213 Reply
    Chefthe1

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have the chr I am due to change in 3 1/2 months and was going to get it again but not at that price. My daughter drives for me when I can’t so I need a car suitable for under 25 so I think it will be the focus active x or the kuga. The chr is a lovely car but it’s not £2.500 lovely. I suppose I can ask to extend which could be a option.</p>

#144299 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

You certainly did, did it come with blind spot monitoring? If you remember the MY21 spec said it did but we thought it was a mistake.

#144343 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

You certainly did, did it come with blind spot monitoring? If you remember the MY21 spec said it did but we thought it was a mistake.

No it’s not got blind spot monitoring went on motorway today 160 miles did 75 mph got 61.9 mpg pleased with that

#144390 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Mike

Have you used the My Toyota app, it collects data from you car then you can view the info on you phone or tablet. It shows you the journeys you have made and where you accelerated or braked too hard and what mpg you got plus lots more information, and even more info on the My Toyota web page.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/my-toyota/how-does-myt-work

You have to make an account with Toyota first, I’ve just downloaded the latest map free of charge from the My Toyota web page, the app does not have this function.

#144430 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Mike Have you used the My Toyota app, it collects data from you car then you can view the info on you phone or tablet. It shows you the journeys you have made and where you accelerated or braked too hard and what mpg you got plus lots more information, and even more info on the My Toyota web page. https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/my-toyota/how-does-myt-work You have to make an account with Toyota first, I’ve just downloaded the latest map free of charge from the My Toyota web page, the app does not have this function.

.   Marc the motability man at my Toyota dealer says as the car is on motability lease I cannot have the my Toyota app ! He said on my head be it ! So I haven’t bothered with it can I have it on motability car ????

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 84 total)
Reply To: Toyota CHR just ordered
Your information: