Toyota CHR just ordered

• Creator
    Topic
  • #134921 Reply
    Mike11

Just ordered my Toyota CHR 1.8 hybrid Design model for March 16th pick up talked on phone to the motability man at his home has had his card from test drive over a month ago ! He says delivery could be 10 weeks it’s the new 2021 spec with new front and rear lights and ambient lighting inside he is going into showroom next week just 5 miles from me so I’m dropping my licence and pips award letter off for him ! The design model has everything I want keyless entry heated seats park assist auto folding mirrors 18 inch alloys sat nav etc I’m having metal stream met paint very popular on Chr forum changes from grey to silver depending on light looks nice with the big silver face alloys

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #134924 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Nice choice Mike and congratulations. That colour was my first choice when my Mini Cooper was written off but my local Toyota dealer had a metallic blue with black roof example just get delivered to the showroom, so I had that. The C-HR is built in Turkey and I didn’t want to wait weeks for delivery!

Haven’t seen or heard from Menorca Mike recently. Wasn’t he ordering the C-HR as well?

#134936 Reply
    Mike11

That’s me Solent I do love the colour and doesn’t get dirty and the design has sports front seats so well pleased a bargain at £795

#134940 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Fantastic, so pleased for you Mike.

#134943 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i do like its looks and it was a consideration for me but i found the roofline a bit challenging i kept hitting my head getting in and out. maybe i didnt spend enough time trying to find a seat adjustment that would work.

if its still around in 3 years it would be up there again, pity the bmw i3 has gone other than those 2 i cant see any others challenging keeping the countryman.

#134947 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

Great choice Mike. I’ve not driven a CH-R but I’ve sat in one and thought it was very comfortable. Looks very nice too. I hope you put a little review up once you’ve had it for a while 👍

#134956 Reply
    Mike11

DBtruth I will indeed I had a 2 hour test drive on my own and loved it was very quiet ride was superb even though 18 inch alloys heater controls so easy to do and seats were very comfortable I cannot move my fingers so keyless will be so handy for me as will be the electric lumber adjustment on the drivers seat ! I have spinal problems so heated seats be lovely in the winter

#134961 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I know I sound like a stuck record for mentioning it on several threads over the months – but I have to say (again) that the C-HR is by far THE most comfortable car I have ever owned… and I base that on having 10 cars now on Motability – each with a full 3-year lease (other than the Mini which I had for 15-months before it was written off). Prior to Motability and when I was able to work/had my own private cars, I owned several more for 15-years.

The C-HR beats them all for comfort… and design IMHO. I still think the car looks fabulous & futuristic with its cutting-edge looks. I think it’s terrific that Toyota’s designers not only had the balls to design something like the C-HR in the first place – but then put it into production too! Good for them. It’s not to everyone’s liking of course. Cars never are. But as far as I’m concerned – it is still one of the sleekest, sharpest cars on the road today… and definitely the most comfortable!

#134964 Reply
    rox
    Participant

That’s great news, you finally got to order it and £200 cheaper as well.. Whats not to like.. sound like the perfect car for you.. look forward to seeing the pics when you get it..

#134969 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Nothing like a brand new car, have fun. After driving a hybrid you will never want to back to a conventual car, all that lost energy lost when you slow down and break.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#134972 Reply
    Mike11

Here it is same model same colour 

#134973 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Nice colour.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#135004 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Mike, now that you’ve finally ordered it – take my advice & order one of these! Great quality, great fit & very handy indeed! The storage area under the armrest is cavernous – but this will help greatly when it comes to keeping smaller items handy. Best buy I ever made for my C-HR!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32958643155.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.112870d3WdpxAV&algo_pvid=21956c8d-565a-43da-a5be-34404055e05f&algo_expid=21956c8d-565a-43da-a5be-34404055e05f-22&btsid=2100bb4716100450030341845e774e&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

#135117 Reply
    Mike11

Solent Thankyou so much will order that

#135122 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Lovely looking motor, great colour too👍

#135143 Reply
    Mike11

Many thanks AJN I went on the Toyota CHR forum and this was most popular colour and I went and saw it outside showroom day before I ordered it’s a colour that never looks dirty and great the metallic is free worth £600

#135144 Reply
    Mike11

The 10 inch reversing camera will be handy too never had one

#135218 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Good choice, I’m sure you will be pleased. Good to hear there is no charge for metallic paint.

#135482 Reply
    Mike11

Salesman emailed me today expected end of February for March 16th pick up

#135492 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Salesman emailed me today expected end of February for March 16th pick up

That’s good news Mike – especially when you consider the state of things in these current times.

I haven’t entirely ruled out another C-HR as my next car. I’ve been able to choose my next car from Dec 4th and have already had a reminder letter from Motability that I’ve wasted a month if I plan to stay on the scheme… which I do! The trouble is that, not needing a big car, I’m still waiting for Peugeot to add the updated 208 to the scheme – namely the GT Premium. The trouble is that Peugeot UK are trying to clear stocks of the old/current 208 and until they’re all gone – they won’t put the new models on the scheme. With no one buying cars at the moment – I could have a considerable wait.

My current C-HR has been great. It’s not a big car by any means – just higher than normal hatchbacks, etc. I may well opt for another one if Peugeot keep me waiting too long. I would love to see the new C-HR GR Sport on the scheme!

#135514 Reply
    Mike11

Yes I saw that Solent but I have the new Chr brochure and it’s not in it yet

#136041 Reply
    MikeFromLFEW
    Participant

We’ve had a CHR for just over 10000 miles and we’ve been very happy with it. It’s my wife’s car really and it’s the car she’s felt most happy driving for a very long time.

I do have a few niggles – the rubiks cube of the dash display takes a lot of getting used to – just when you want to see your mph, all of a sudden you’ve got a g-force display! I’d prefer tyre pressure monitor readings rather than just a warning (which seems very temperature sensitive). And, lastly, unlike many people including my wife, I find the driver’s seat uncomfortable after a long drive as it gives me thigh / hip pain.

The Leicester dealer was fabulous with us, and kept us informed at every stage. We’d certainly have another one.

#136630 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

@solent60
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>My current C-HR has been great. It’s not a big car by any means – just higher than normal hatchbacks, etc. I may well opt for another one if Peugeot keep me waiting too long. I would love to see the new C-HR GR Sport on the scheme! [/quote]</p>
    The GR Sport is now on the Toyota website, the Dynamic has been removed though, no change to the motability website yet though.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by Marc.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by Marc.
    #136642 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou for the replies guys I can’t wait to pick up 16 th March

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#136643 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Solent have you tried emailing your Toyota dealer motability person to see if any news of CHR GR sport coming on motability ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Toyota CHR just ordered
Your information: