- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 days, 11 hours ago by .
It is interesting how you can vary search results on the Motability website. Just doing a search of all scheme vehicles but refining the results to ‘Sort by CO2 emissions high to low’ brings about some interesting results.
Including different engines, gearboxes and drivetrain (AWD/FWD/RWD) combinations, (but disregarding differing trim levels of the same vehicle) the current top ten vehicles on the scheme with the highest CO2 output in order of greatest polluters at the top are:
1. KIA SPORTAGE ESTATE 1.6T GDI ISG 3 5DR AWD Manual – Petrol
2.. JEEP COMPASS SW 1.4 MULTIAIR 170 LIMITED 5DR AUTO – Petrol
3. VOLVO XC40 ESTATE 2.0 B4P R DESIGN 5DR AWD AUTO – -Petrol
4. MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE CROSS HATCHBACK 1.5 DYNAMIC 5DR 4WD CVT – Petrol
5. MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER ESTATE 2.0 DESIGN 5DR CVT – Petrol
6. VOLVO XC40 ESTATE 2.0 B4P R DESIGN PRO 5DR FWD Auto – -Petrol
7. JEEP COMPASS SW DIESEL 2.0 MULTIJET 170 TRAILHAWK 5DR 4WD – Diesel
8. KIA SPORTAGE ESTATE 1.6T GDI ISG GT-LINE 5DR DCT AWD AUTO -Petrol
9.. ALFA ROMEO GIULIETTA HATCHBACK 1.4 TB SPRINT 5DR FWD Manual –Petrol
10. HYUNDAI TUCSON ESTATE 1.6 TGDI 177 N LINE 5DR 2WD Manual – Petrol
It is interesting that only one diesel is in the list of the worst CO2 offenders and that the popular Volvo XC40 petrol autos (both AWD and FWD) are right up there. I suppose with SUV’s being somewhat heavier vehicles they will head up the list, but the Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 manual is a surprising interloper!
Food for thought though.