To all the disabled, especially in England, be careful who you vote for.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  callmejohn 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #97967 Reply

brydo

The result of this general election will almost certainly be decided in England and, unfortunately ,it looks like the Tories will win a working majority. It is likely there will be a smattering of Tory seats won in Scotland and wales and of course they don’t stand in northern island. So we will be facing a Tory government with no mandate in three of the four countries in these disunited of kingdoms.

So the plight of this nation is in the hands of the English people and I would ask the members on this forum, disabled or not, to consider whether or not a vote for the Conservative party is in our, your and the many best interest.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #97976 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

Brydo,

for the sake of all citizens of the U.K. this particular Corbyn/ Militant Tendency  gang must be defeated – this is not the Labour Party of previous governments and mustn’t  be allowed anywhere near Downing Street, whether as one party, or in coalition, partnership, or by special arrangement ‘this time’!

The LibDems are neither liberal or democratic, and can’t  form a government, this leaves (perhaps the lesser of several evils ) the Conservative Party.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Mike 700.
    #97983 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Notable that alongside all the magnificent giveaways promised by labour there is no mention of doing away with the benefit freeze.

#97984 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

The result of this general election will almost certainly be decided in England and, unfortunately ,it looks like the Tories will win a working majority. It is likely there will be a smattering of Tory seats won in Scotland and wales and of course they don’t stand in northern island. So we will be facing a Tory government with no mandate in three of the four countries in these disunited of kingdoms. So the plight of this nation is in the hands of the English people and I would ask the members on this forum, disabled or not, to consider whether or not a vote for the Conservative party is in our, your and the many best interest.

Whichever party wins Brydo, they will very much have a mandate to govern, as this is a U.K. General Election, and , just like the Brexit referendum, if you vote, you validate it!

#97988 Reply

Stephen

I would never have believed it growing up in this wonderful country of ours that on day I would have to vote on which lies I believed the least to make my choice of whom to vote for where have all the honest politicians gone 😳

#97997 Reply

bfoandc

It is the Conservatives who have been taken over by an extreme group. The fact is that the old One Nation Conservatives are no more and what we have is a a party of the very well off and which has no concern for the bulk of the people.

If they don’t have the support of the people of Scotland it won’t bother them as long as they have the majority they need. It could be argued that it is England which is ‘leaving’ the give and take of a United Kingdom.

#98005 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I see no evidence of that. Johnson is very much the liberal and the rest are focussed on Brexit. Where are these extremists policies?

#98011 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

In consideration of ones vote, a number of factors need to explored. Only then can a vote truly be cast with a conscience which displays the same properties as a glass of water taken straight from a Norwegian fjord on a warm summers afternoon.

#98023 Reply

mitch
    Participant

sorry brydo, its a case of the only thing i trust in corbyn is that he will bankrupt the country. the nationalisation plans wont work we will be back to the days of the unions running the country.

dont even get me started on antisemitism and momentum.

my postal vote went in yesterday and it wasnt for comrade corbyn.

#98029 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Mine wasn’t Mitch

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#98042 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Unfortunately BJ failed to show last night, if you choose to vote for a a guy who doesn’t offer himself up for scrutiny you can’t complain when it all  goes wrong.

I am encouraging people to not vote Tory, not necessarily to vote labour, just to be clear.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#98044 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes Brydo I totally understand a dear friend told me this week Boris smiles at you but at the same time he is pissing down your leg ! I think that sums it up perfectly

#98045 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

I am encouraging people to not vote Tory, not necessarily to vote labour, just to be clear.

Yes Brydo, people really do need to think about who they vote for, and the only alternative to a Tory Government -which you need to understand is already supported by many, many millions of citizens, including disabled citizens, for example, in 2010 some 10.7 million people voted Conservative, and in 2015 this increased to 11.34 million, finally, even though there was no overall majority,  in Parliament, in 2017 this support for the Conservatives rose to 13.636 million voters, and if the Opinion Polls are to ge believed,  it is likely to be a high amount this time, perhaps as many as 16+ million, so it is clear that not everyone thinks as you do, and it is a fact that many millions of these Tory supporters are Blue Collar workers, not public school Toffs as opponents like to promote – ,is for either a coalition of ultra left wing Militant Tendency anD  an even an even further to the left Nationalist group, which will cause chaos as each member party push their requirements, or a Militant Tendency Labour Government with pie in the sky policies, directed specifically at the vulnerable , the costs of which are impossible to meet without massive tax rises in everyone , including the disabled and pensioners – Cloud Cuckoo land ‘writ large’.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Mike 700.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Mike 700.
    #98046 Reply

fwippers
    Participant
    1. Don’t vote for the wrong ones
    #98051 Reply

brydo

Mike 700 I respect your right to vote Tory but would you consider yourself your average, Joe public disabled guy? You have just returned from New York and I have lost count of the number of times you have been abroad visiting family. All of which is great but your average person, never mind being disabled, couldn’t afford to do that.

I am more worried about the poor Mike, I am trying to persuade those who are persuadable to vote against the most right wing government in living memory. A government who’s cabinet is full of “Tory Toffs” who don’t have a clue about what “making ends meet” actually means.

#98053 Reply

mitch
    Participant

not while corbyn, momentum and the unions are in charge.

#98054 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Brydo, you love making bold statements “most right wing government in living memory” . What is your evidence? Which of the Cons manifesto is extreme right wing? Which of the candidates are extreme right wing?</p>
    If you were to argue that the Labour party was the most extreme left wing in living memory, I think no one would deny it.

#98059 Reply

Brydo

Don`t disagree that the Labour party is on an extreme left wing trajectory.

#98063 Reply

Brydo

The Tory manifesto is a “loss leader” put out to convince the gullible they are a centrist party. Once they have a working majority in parliament the “REAL TORIES” will be revealed. Controlled by the ERG, and the like, the Tories will take us out of the EU with no deal just to prostitute us to the Americans.

#98064 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Ah, so it’s just a Brydo conspiracy theory.  Why am I not surprised.

#98067 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

If you say so wigwam

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#98069 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Wigwam could you please accept Brydos opinion we all differ in our views and this is what makes a forum such as this interesting to read

#98071 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Of course I accept Brydo’s opinion but he didn’t offer an opinion. He said:

“The Tory manifesto is a “loss leader” put out to convince the gullible they are a centrist party. Once they have a working majority in parliament the “REAL TORIES” will be revealed. Controlled by the ERG, and the like, the Tories will take us out of the EU with no deal just to prostitute us to the Americans.”

Which is expressed as a statement of fact whereas in my opinion it’s arrant nonsense.

#98077 Reply

brydo

As ever wigwam your opinion is the only one that matters.

I have been avoiding threads like these because of that and I will once again avoid them.

#98079 Reply

POPS

We all have our views and it’s natural to try and sway others with what we each firmly believe is the right argument.

Let’s keep our exchanges of opinions friendly and respectful please. You’re all doing a good job of being tolerant, considering how emotive this election is turning out to be.

Here’s my take on it for what it’s worth (not much I expect lol)

Johnson and cronies cannot be trusted. No deal and alignment with Trump is their fairly obvious agenda. (It’s not in the manifesto of course).

Corbyn and  momentum are unelectable, despite having some long needed ideas for the bottom end of society.

Swinton and her new boys and girls have thrown away any chance by having just one main manifesto idea (remain).

Farage …. Meh!

I hope there are some decent independent candidates although they will make no difference.

Politics is broken.

Only my thoughts guys and girls and you’re very welcome to disagree with me.

#98081 Reply

Winston

Common Sense Party is the only way forward Pops 🙌🏻

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
Reply To: To all the disabled, especially in England, be careful who you vote for.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: