Tiguan order

This topic contains 547 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  milligan 6 days, 2 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #40764 Reply

Jane

Still no delivery date for our new tiguan 😢but dealer is doing his best.anyone know how long the wait is?

Viewing 22 replies - 526 through 547 (of 547 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #64753 Reply

Jim Gilmour

Apologies to those of you who have been waiting months.

We went into our local VW dealer in St Andrews today to order our first mobility car. A Tiguan R Line 2.0 tdi 148bhp. We were going to order it in Indium Grey but literally as we were going through the process the salesman said I think one was delivered today. It wasn’t the colour we wanted but was Silver White which in the R Line is lovely.

Long story short we are picking it up on 3rd Dec the day after my son’s 3rd birthday.

Again sorry to those who are waiting!

#64757 Reply

Flying Scotsman

Happy days Jim, Barnetts are really good, my grandad used them for many years for his fleet of company cars. My mate used to work at that dealer too before he left the trade.

Brilliant that you could get one so quickly.

#64761 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Jim

As I stated in another post White Silver has now been discontinued. I got my SEL in White Silver and I think its a great colour as in certain weather conditions and time of day it gets different tints to it and it is quite striking.

Enjoy your R Line and when you get it get the CAR Net app up and running. It is a good piece of kit and your Tiguan comes with 3 years free subscription.

#64774 Reply

Mike 700

I agree, it’s a great colour, and I have had nothing but compliments !

#64786 Reply

James Gilmour

Thanks folks, we were very lucky and can’t wait to pick it up.

Newfie, What is the car net app and how do I set it up

#64790 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi James

Car Net is available on both iOS and Android and is also online here.

With both the SEL and R Line they get 3 year subscription free. It gives you information on your car. It tells you if you car is locked or unlocked if windows are open. Give you the position of you car so if in a large car park you can pin point it. You can set the horn off and flash hazard lights remotely. You can also get notifications if the alarm is set off.

It may be a little daunting to set up but it is a breeze. If you register online on the link above as soon as you enter your vehicle details it sets up your account completely. Another advantage is that you can send destinations from you smartphone or computer to the sat nav in the car.

#64793 Reply

James Gilmour

Thanks Newfie, will sort it when I collect the car.

#64794 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

It was a £340 option before the MY2019 model. The car has a built in SIM to supply the data required. The sending of destinations needs you to use your smartphone as a hotspot for the infotainment system to log on to.

#64840 Reply

Masquerade
    Participant

Good evening all.

I received an update on the build and possible delivery for my 190ps Tiguan SEL. I received a call just after 6pm today from the dealer (finally) stating that I have been given the 26th of November as a confirmed build date and the vehicle should/could arrive before the end of the year.

#65866 Reply

Bellevue4
    Participant

Good Evening

I ordered my Tiguan R Line in mid October , had a build date of the 12/11/18 and it has been built and is in transit to the port , so things do seem to be moving more quickly , lowering my concerns about delays exchanging my current mobility car for my new one on the 29/1/19

#65868 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

The 150ps TDi is no problem. They are coming through quite quickly now as they have got WLTP certification. People are still waiting for the 190ps engine as they have started production of these but yet got WLTP certificate. Hoping this will be done by end of this month.

The 1.5 TSi has also passed WLTP but not on the list as yet as not available till early next year for UK market so might be back on the list in Q1

#65869 Reply

Masquerade
    Participant

As Newfie says, its the 190ps crowd that are still in the dark, I am one of them and although most of us who ordered the 190ps version have been given build dates for the end of November, it all depends on WLTP certification.

#65870 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

If you have to wait in my opinion it is a car worth waiting for. I got a 2.0tdi 150 $ Motion DSG SEL and it is great.

#65872 Reply

Masquerade
    Participant

Absolutely, I joined the VW Tiguan forum as you suggested in anticipation and just been gathering information on what other people have experienced of the vehicle as well as its many cool features. I am very much looking forward to getting the vehicle, hell, I have even started buying my little bits and pieces for it (Sun shades and such).

#65873 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Masquerade.

Yes the VW Tiguan forum is a great place to see what is going on with Tiguan’s, you have probably seen me on there.

Sun shades in winter. Great time to buy cheaper, nice one

#65874 Reply

Masquerade
    Participant

I saw you and StamfordBoy on there, but you seem to be very active, always good to read your posts.

The Sun shades add some extra privacy in the final 3rd of the vehicle (Tailgate and rear quarter lights) all year round and the tints do not appear to be as dark as the Kuga on the Tiguan when I parked them side by side when I test drove the Tiguan.

#65875 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Yes Stamfordboy got his Tig a couple of weeks before me, although my Tig was one of the first 150 WLTP certificated to arrive in UK, I had to wait for the current contract to end before I could get mine.

The last I heard from Stamfordboy was that he was thoroughly loving his Tig.

#66214 Reply

milligan
    Participant

Masquerade, are you planning to ship your Tiguan abroad so that the sun shades can be put to some use lol.

#66216 Reply

Masquerade
    Participant

Funnily enough, I am doing a European road trip in August, in convoy with some other vehicles, but after having sun shades on my current car (Kuga Titanium X) I found the rear passengers do not like them on their doors but they are good on the rear windscreen and boot side windows, just adds more privacy with the tints and it definitely becomes harder to see inside the vehicle, day or night but visibility from inside is great.  To be fair, they seem to be annoying for rear passengers when applied to the rear doors, yes, they get some protection from the sun, but not enjoyable when trying to look at the scenery. The Tiguan ones I am buying are magnetic, so they are even quicker to go on and off.

We actually had a summer this year, so I am hopeful for next year, should have been my short response =)

#66293 Reply

Jim Gilmour

Picking my Tiguan up on Monday, can I expect to have car mats included or will I need to pay extra for them. My dealer is Barnetts in St Andrews if anybody used them and knows would be great. Did other people get theirs free when picking car up?

#66299 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Jim

If you look at the VW pricelist for the Tiguan it does state that floor mats are included. My dealer said although VW say that they do not send them out with mats so the dealer puts them in. The dealer makes out they are putting them in free of charge for you but if they don’t I would argue the case that the a VW document states they are supplied.

I am sure you will get them with your Tiguan. I got Tiguan labelled mats. Everyone else I have spoken to also got them.

Enjoy your new Tiguan, you will certainly think you have made the right choice.

#66701 Reply

milligan
    Participant

My 190 has been built and is languishing in the Wolfburg factory carpark. I think it has been there for nearly 4 weeks!!!
    Customer services are stating that my car is scheduled to start its trip to UK in week 51!!!
    Could not get a sensible reason why the car cannot be shipped now since the WLTP test for the 190 variant is complete and certified because it has been added to the German VW Konfigurator and the ADAC site has been updated too.

Still not holding any thought about getting the car before Christmas tho!!!

Viewing 22 replies - 526 through 547 (of 547 total)
Reply To: Tiguan order
Your information: