Tiguan order

This topic contains 547 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  milligan 6 days, 2 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #40764 Reply

Jane

Still no delivery date for our new tiguan 😢but dealer is doing his best.anyone know how long the wait is?

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 547 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #61200 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Craig

I went for the Tiguan 2.0 TDi 150 4 motion DSG in White Silver.

#61201 Reply

Toshtl

(VW Live Chat will give you the name of the ship if it is on one?)

Many Thanks again Newfie

#61202 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

And I do prefer the Tiguan. I know it is still a diesel but I think no a lot will change over the next couple of years.

I guess 3 years from now will be the time to look at Hybrid/Electric

#61203 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Toshtl

I am not sure if you know that live chat was once on the tracking page put they removed it. You need to scroll to the bottom of the VW page to click on “Contact Us” and then you get the option for live chat.

At the end of chat you have the option to save the chat as a pdf file.

#61329 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

My Tiguan is in the UK. Currently sitting in Grimsby dock. Things are moving but still at snails pace as still needs WLTP certificate.

#61336 Reply

Toshtl

Hi Newfie

Have spoken to Live chat who inform me our Tiguan has been at the port of exit since 20th Sept and has not been allocated a ship yet. Have to agree its all at a snails pace. Can’t understand how they can ship a vehicle without the WLTP certificate? thought they were done in house? Thanks again for your assistance!!

#61339 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Toshtl

You are very welcome, I hope you get some good news soon and that goes for everyone else awaiting deliveries.

It is a total lottery as regards to which vehicles are being shipped. I believe the certification comes through in batches and none have arose yet. My dealer has just informed that my car is now in the dock compound and will be delivered to the dealer on the 3rd Oct. I shall go down and have a look when it arri

#61342 Reply

Craig

Just had word from vw chat there are no tourans on there way to the UK in fact there still in a million pieces 😥lol

#61347 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Craig

Have you considered the 1.6 TDi Touran. That can be driven by under 25’s and it is WLTP type approved.

#61352 Reply

Craig

Hi Newfie,I thought about it but thought it would cause a lot of confusion,and I just wanted a petrol this time😄

#61404 Reply

Stamfordboy

Update on my Tiguan order arrived in UK Saturday 22nd September got comficonf message from VW today 25th September saying in UK but still waiting for WLTP certificate and transportation no time scale given. So it’s back to the VW tiguTi waiting game, but at least it’s here in uk, hope lots of you are getting the same message or receive good news soon.

#61405 Reply

Trev

good to hear they are shipping them prior to approval. wonder where they are storing them all – once approval given i would avoid the roads nearby lol

hope they clear them soon for you, a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel at last.

#61406 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Mine also landed in the Uk at 4.30 Saturday morning after the ship was anchored 6 miles out of Grimsby for 36 hours. Like Stamfordboy I got notification it was in the UK (the speed of VW is dead slow or stop). My dealer said that it will be delivered to them on Wednesday 3rd October and that is where it will stay till it gets WLTP approval. So its now a waiting game to see when this might happen but like Stamfordboy said at least its here in the UK and currently just the other side of the River Humber to me. All these early deliveries are either passed on to dealers or stored at docks as well as storing vehicles at Emden dock Germany.

Ships seem to be coming at a rapid pace at mo.

Today the Golf 1.5 TSi could be registered for the first time as it got WLTP approval.

#61483 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Well my Tiguan has made it to the dealer. So the last leg of the journey is done.

#61728 Reply

Stamfordboy

Hi

Has anyone asked their dealer for any discounts on the AP on their Tiguan ? If so how did you get on ? I asked mine as if we can’t pick up car until November like it sounds like as dealer has to give motability 5 days notice before we can pick up this would take my order time to 32 weeks because WLTP certificate won’t arrive until 29th October’ my dealer said as they only get a set fee for car they can’t and not allowed to give anything off AP , I think because of the lies from dealer and Volkswagen customer service .(haha) from the day I ordered we should all get something from Volkswagen what does everyone else think and have you been offered anything ?

#61733 Reply

Jeremy

Hi Stamfordboy

Newfi recommended that I spoke with Roger at JCT600 in Hull who offered £500 off the AP. I had every intention of driving up to place an order as we we’re off to visit family in Hull.

However, I visited my local dealer in Colchester and I managed to negotiate £400 off the AP.

I’m about to push the button but the dealer is holding off placing the order until he gets Q4 pricing (he was hoping it might come out today). If it doesn’t appear he’s going to order on Sunday. I’ll be gutted if the AP comes down or the Allspace comes on the scheme but I doubt either event will occur.

I’m going for 2.0 150 TDI SEL (manaul) Indium grey. Dealer has assured me of Jan delivery date.

#61737 Reply

Stamfordboy

I’ve asked my dealer twice now for a discount and all he’s offered is a tank of diesel , but I’m going to keep pushing as I was told 12 weeks delivery and I ordered beginning of March and its now 28 weeks and still waiting, it might come down to on the day of collection or going higher in the management .I think we should get something off as the lies we have put up with , motability won’t care if I pay or dealer pay AP

#62007 Reply

Stamfordboy

Hi

Have had some good news this afternoon my Tiguan has arrived at dealership and the best news the 150TDi has WLTP has been approved for this engine and my dealer has said that codes for the 19spec Tiguan should start coming through tomorrow and then everyday until completion ,so hopefully I should be driving in the next 10 days as motability need 5 days notice before hand over day, at least some good news for a change, let’s the department that gives out code’s faster than the rest of VW

#62014 Reply

Trev

Fantastic news Stamfordboy, so in addition to the 2.0L diesel tiggy, a load of variants of Golfs have been passed too. Finally VW making headway.

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

#62074 Reply

Stamfordboy

Still no Tiguan code’s arrived today , but apparently lots of Golfs, back to the VW waiting game

#62236 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Newfie

I see the 2.0 TDi Tiguan is now on the German WLPT pass list so not long for you now.

#62252 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Chris

One would think so but as you know nothing is easy with VW. Although it has got WLTP approval it does not have its DVLA codes so as to register them. Earlier this week from both my dealer and live chat said the codes should be in starting week 44. Today on speaking to live chat again this week 44 has suddenly disappeared. So I called VW UK Executive Office and was told there are no know dates when these vehicles will get their codes. The person I spoke to once could only say sorry and could not answer any questions. I hung up.

I later rang Customer Care and they put me through to the woman I spoke to about the Touran, she also is in the Executive Office. For a Customer Relations manager she needs a little training as she interrupts you all the time. After a long, getting nowhere conversation she said she will try and find out what is actually happening and call me back. Here is the best bit, she will call me in weeks time.

If the Tiguan was not such a brilliant vehicle it is I would be following you and going elsewhere but knowing it is sat 2 miles away from the end has to be close but it is the case of “how long is a piece of string”

So watch this space.

I hope you have got all wheels in motion now and sorted out your next motor.

#62285 Reply

Stamfordboy

Still no codes , paid a surprise visit to my dealer yesterday and my salesman must have E.S.P as he had his day off and since ordering in march his day off has always been Wednesday.

Shame he can’t use his power to tell when these bloody WLTP code’s will arrive

So the vw Saga continues

#62440 Reply

vohom001
    Participant

Hello Stamfordboy,

What is “WLTP codes”? i tried searching but didn’t get any understandable results.

#62542 Reply

Stamfordboy

Hi vohm001

WLTP is the new emissions regs across all manufacturers it’s shows real miles per gallon in real life driving or town driving and motorway , plus the real level of nasty gases coming out of exhausts , you cannot drive a new car after 1st September 2018 without a WLTP certificate which shows it has been tested so no code no drive , VW have been very slow to get test done thats what we have been waiting for, hope this helps

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 547 total)
Reply To: Tiguan order
Your information: