Tiguan Allspace availability

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Winston 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #74942 Reply

wonky

Hi all,  anyone heard of any VW Tiguan Allspaces, available for reasonably quick delivery?

I am being told Allspaces are factory order only.

Regards, wonky

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #74943 Reply

Trev

Wonky, i think that is a needle in the haystack job i’m afraid.

Order only, and extended delays due to bad weather and ships unable to move out of Mexico where they are built.

I hear a few people cancelling and switching to the Tarraco, so if you really want an Allspace the quickest way would be finding a dealer with a cancelled order and hope the boats can set sail again soon.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#74949 Reply

wonky

Thanks Trev,  looks like dealers I’ve spoken to are telling truth, (for once).

Isn’t it a carry on!  First VW had WLTP fiasco and now bad weather, not to mention Dieselgate and the latest problems with 1.5 tsi petrol engine.

Glad I haven’t got shares in VW.  All I want is a car reasonably quickly with no faults and a reasonable deposit,   Aaaaagh!!!  Rant over.

Regards, wonky

#74954 Reply

Trev

Wonky,

With Wisdom comes Frustration lol

#74956 Reply

Mike11
    Participant

Wonky Hyundai Ioniq hybrid fully loaded nil deposit no waiting

#74958 Reply

wonky

Hi Mike 11,  thanks, but body shape (mine) means  I need larger vehicle, SUV or Mpv . The choices for me are few .

Hows your golf, is it the 1.5 or 1.4 you have? Can’t remember.

Regards, wonky

#74959 Reply

HammerHead
    Participant

Just to confirm Trev’s post, went to order an Allspace last Saturday, got the same information. Ended up signing for the ‘all popular’ Tiguan 2.0 TDI R Line Tech FWD DSG (Pure White) £2899 AP less £250 discount 🙂 – am being told 4-5 months.

For those of you who remember, STILL no heated steering wheel so have decided to buy gloves 🙁 Everything is a compromise of one sort or another.

Good luck Wonky mate.

#74990 Reply

Philjb

I honestly though (foolishly) that getting a motability car would be dead easy.

It’s like getting like a case of don’t try order your first choice as you’ll have to wait months and months. Dealers lie, cars go off the scheme without prior notice.

Not good if it’s your first car and you just want to get out of the house or need a car to try and live as normal as possible.

#74992 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

And Motability still get 90%+ approvals, go figure, don’t know who they ask.

#74996 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Congratulations Hammerhead 👍🏻

And with your savings you’ll be able to get few pairs of fancy gloves 🧤 😎

#75026 Reply

Tosh

Slightly off topic but here’s a link to a good YouTube explainer video for the 2019 Tiguan R Line. Quite a few of the tips apply to other models in the range:

Tosh

#75121 Reply

Colin
    Participant

I had a chance to sit in one today and made the mistake of telling a non-motability guy that I was a motability customer – any chance of real help went right out of the window along with the rep’s chance at a sale I guess.

I did kinda ask about the waiting time on the allspaces and said I’d heard nasty stories about 6-9 months and she said “that’s the standard Tiguan and its fixed now, don’t know about the allspace” which, realistically, was about as clear as mud, but I did get the delaer motability reps card and email address so MIGHT be able to get more accurance info after the long weekend

#75127 Reply

Tosher

Hi Colin,

Ordered the Tiguan Allspace today and was advised it would be October delivery (hopefully this year 😀). Not sure what happens if the AP goes down in the next quarter. I guess we’re protected if it increases so air shouldn’t complain if it reduces either…..

Tosh

#75129 Reply

Trev

Tosh,

Have a word with the dealer – not unreasonable with such a lead time for them to honour a potential lower AP… most dealers will do this to retain a sale.

#75138 Reply

Tosher

Thank Trev,

The dealer gave a contribution  towards the AP so I think I might approach them if the AP comes down by greater than that amount in future quarters. Otherwise I would be asking them to honour a discount which might not apply next quarter (if that makes sense).

Cheers

Tosh

#75148 Reply

Trev

Sure Tosh, I don’t think any of us can envisage the AP lowering, more chance due to current problems of it coming off the scheme altogether! Rest assured if it does come off the scheme, you’ve placed your order already, it will be honoured.

#75163 Reply

Tosher

That’s good to know Trev, that was going to be one of my next questions. It’s peace of mind knowing that they will honour the order even if it’so removed from the scheme in future quarters.

Thanks again

Tosh

#75190 Reply

Colin
    Participant

6 month lead time and I can’t order until I’m in the last 3 months of the Volvo lease – looks like I get to put up with it a few months longer. I’ve disliked it for 2 1/2 years now, whats an extra 3 months lol

#75327 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Just did the math and this may push me into a new reg slot – if I can’t order till end of Oct/Early Nov, and it’s still 6 months, it may end up pushing the delivery into March and a 20 plate – I wanted a to be a 69 dude!!!! lol

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  Colin.
    #75354 Reply

Tosh

Hopefully pick mine up in October so I’ll be a 69er!

Hopefully there’ll still be some dealer discounts in the offing by the time you order Colin..

#76195 Reply

Colin
    Participant

What colour did you go for Tosh?

Main reason I’m asking is I was told by Volvo when I got the XC60 that motability insist on metallic paint at no extra cost for the sake of future resale value but I was messing around with some dealers motability Tiguan Allspace system and it charged extra for metallic. I personally have my heart set on the Haberno Orange, which is nearly an extra grand over flat paint but as they charge around £600 for metallic I was really hoping it’d be an extra £400 which is the difference between metallic and the Pearl (I know those numbers are not precise but theyre ballpark and I dont want to dig out the brochure again lol)

#76204 Reply

Rico

I am sure you will find a dealer that will be willing to take your 400 pounds, I am almost 100% sure if you rung motability, they would probably say its fine as long as you pay the difference in cost between that and metallic. which is 400.

#76205 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Well i called Motability 3 different times about this very question and each time it was a big fat no, if you want the 1k paint job, you have to pay for it.

I spoke to half a dozen dealers or so and 4 of them agreed with Motability but 2 who were good guys were able to work it at their end so I woukd only pay the difference

So make sure you find a decent dealer 😉

#76218 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Well I’m hoping to have a little leverage as I want the top paint job which I’m hoping will be £440 not £1035.

I also want two other add-ons, the winter pack at £285 (wife will never forgive me if I don’t get her heated seats) and the area view at £290 (had this on a Nissan I rented in the USA last year and it is SO useful so I definitely want that).

At todays £1449 AP (Auto, 4WD Match) that brings it to £2464 up front which JUST sneaks in under my completely arbitrary £2.5k maximum (I think I just wanted to pay less than I did last time for the XC60 which was £2495 I think).

I will be scouring here for deals of course, I’m not scared to travel for a deal and there have been a couple decent ones recently from VW dealers, albeit not nearby in the North-East.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Colin.
    #76222 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Well it’s been posted about 100 times already, so 101 times isn’t gonna hurt anyone 😉

I travelled from Bonnie Scotland to JCT600 in Hull to place my order with champion of a guy called Roger

£600 off the Tiguan, I’m not sure about the allspace if that’s what you’re after

But I’d give him a wee call on Tuesday and just ask him, he’s a great guy to deal with and very straight forward

It may be a bit further than you wanted to travel, but if a big saving is on offer then it’s worth the effort

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Tiguan Allspace availability

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: