Thoughts about the Toyota Rav4

• Creator
    Topic
  • #157841 Reply
    Landyman

Although I’ve extended my lease for 2 years in the hope a larger ev coming on (but without a massive ap). But the draw of a new car on the drive is starting play on my mind.

A full EV is the way forward but my thoughts keep going to a hybrid namely the Toyota Rav4, as anybody have one, or any thoughts. I haven’t seen many posts about them

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167410 Reply
    YorkMan
    Participant

Interestingly Suzuki and Toyota have teamed up with the strong possibility of some suzuki models being based on the Rav4 – a new redesigned and styled (and larger) suzuki vitara is due by the end of October 2021 so it will be interesting to see what this looks like.

#167477 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Does it have to be an SUV landyman? My knee and other parts do like the access height of an SUV (well, most of ’em) but tbh even I’m a bit fed up of roads clogged full of ’em! I’ve quite a hankering for a good ol’ fashion estate car and currently quite like the look (and reviews) of the Leon Tourer PHEV and the MG5 BEV, though the range needs to get up a bit on that first to really be considered. The Leon definitely though.

#167479 Reply
    Landyman

No Bandit it doesn’t have to be a suv. My previous motability car was a Skoda octavia vrs 4×4 estate and if the BMW 3 series touring came back on I would snap it up.

I do like suv type vehicles manly because I have had Landrovers for the last 30 odd years, the interior space and the higher driving position suit me.

#167481 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Does it have to be an SUV landyman? My knee and other parts do like the access height of an SUV (well, most of ’em) but tbh even I’m a bit fed up of roads clogged full of ’em! I’ve quite a hankering for a good ol’ fashion estate car and currently quite like the look (and reviews) of the Leon Tourer PHEV and the MG5 BEV, though the range needs to get up a bit on that first to really be considered. The Leon definitely though.

Don’t be suckered in by the anti SUV lobby. The only dimension that SUV’s are bigger than cars is height, and that makes not a jot of difference to the space that they take up on the roads!

#167490 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Don’t be suckered in by the anti SUV lobby. The only dimension that SUV’s are bigger than cars is height, and that makes not a jot of difference to the space that they take up on the roads!

Not suckered in Glos Guy, just bored of all the sameyness of suv after suv. I’m hoping that BEV brings some push the envelope designs and ideas but so far they just seem to be intent on electric suvs!

#167412 Reply
    Adam
    Participant

Interestingly Suzuki and Toyota have teamed up with the strong possibility of some suzuki models being based on the Rav4 – a new redesigned and styled (and larger) suzuki vitara is due by the end of October 2021 so it will be interesting to see what this looks like.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/swace/354823/suzuki-swace-review

There is a SUZUKI SWACE which is a  Toyota Corolla Touring Sports  in disguise

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/across

and there is SUZUKI ACROSS which is a Toyota RAV4

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
Reply To: Thoughts about the Toyota Rav4
Your information: