things that need done around the house

• Creator
    Topic
  • #47237 Reply
    Brydo

Guys need a water fed fibreglass pole for washing my windows , will need to be 5-6m in length as one of the windows is above my conservatory. Anyone had any experience of this type of equipment? I am also going to paint my eves this summer but can’t access the portion above my garage that has a sloping roof and is attached to the side of my house. Think I will need some sort of hydraulic  mobile access platform that I can work and move my self any suggestions?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #47243 Reply
    Trev

For equipment like window washing my first port of call would be amazon, i like the fact the products are reviewed by the purchasers. This caught my eye, not cheap, but very well reviewed, maybe can be found cheaper elsewhere as sold by a 3rd party.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXTENDABLE-TELESCOPIC-CLEANING-SQUEEGEE-CONSERVATORY/dp/B005GUEMQM

Don’t know about the platform thing, scissor lifts, or a cherry picker would be quite expensive to hire i would imagine… one of those jobs where it would perhaps be more economical to get an odd-job man in for?

#47246 Reply
    Brydo

Trev that looks just the job, when the weather improves I will go out with tape measure as I think it might be a bit short.

#47316 Reply
    Mike

My bungalow windows need cleaning I’m waiting to see what young kirkwood says on bbc breakfast weather before I venture out looks like Thursday is nice sunny day

#49254 Reply
    Brydo

Guys had to repair a hole in the wall at the weekend, i used the method with the timber behind to complete my repair but this clip gives a few methods of repair.

How to Repair Gyproc (Drywall)

#49275 Reply
    Trev

I’ve done the same thing years ago brydo, screw timber battens either side of the hole, then screw the plasterboard on the timber batten….done it on 2 occasions in fact..

1. was when i was re-tiling and removing the old tiles were taking off the plasterboard as well.
    2. when the house we moved in had spotlights in the ceiling and the transformer went, so i took them out and filled in the holes using this method and using a holesaw drill bit to cut the plasterboard to the exact size.

It works very well

#49284 Reply
    Brydo

It does Trev it’s great what you can find on line. I had to remove all the gyproc in the bathroom last year due to being unable to remove tiles, what a job.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: things that need done around the house
Your information: