Things have just taken a massive turn….BMW i4 to join the scheme

• Creator
    Topic
    Matt T

I’ve just had a call from my BMW dealership to inform me that the i4 is coming on the scheme he’ll know more on Monday or Tuesday. I had an extended test drive in the active tourer schedule this morning but I’ve told him I’ll wait he’s arranged a test drive of the i4 for Tuesday so he must be in the know.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 708 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Berty
      Participant

That is gonna make a LOT of people very happy if it happens….lol.

Participant

The base model starts at 50 grand so i shudder to think what the AP will be, north of 8 grand i bet.

----------------------------
          KIA Soul EV First Edition
          Scale modeller in my spare time

kezo
          Participant

Its showing on Motability’s website at just under £5ooo AP

Participant

WOW im shocked what a bargain, sorry for all those who jumped in early on the high APs though ouch

kezo
              Participant

WOW im shocked what a bargain, sorry for all those who jumped in early on the high APs though ouch

210kW eDrive35 Sport 70kWh 5dr Auto [Tech Pack]

Jojoe
                Participant

This shows what a lot of us have been saying. Manufacturers are struggling to sell certain EV’s and they are coming to Motability.

Participant

Agree, had mine 3 years now so adjusted to the lifestyle so to speak but they do require attitude adjustment if you want to live with one.

kezo
                    Participant

Part of me says I should just order it, the other part says the rear headroom/seats aren’t suitable for us, well my daughter, unless I left her at home lol.

There’s not many i35 reviews but heres an i40 M sport (just a bigger battery)

crippleddad
                      Participant

If this is true, I’ll go and order my new car today

Matty
                        Participant

Can I ask what web site you can see it on ?

Jojoe
                          Participant
                            Participant

Prob the best value car on the scheme, hope it stays there until Dec because ill be having one

kezo
                              Participant

Prob the best value car on the scheme, hope it stays there until Dec because ill be having one

I have the impresson it will a here today, gone tomorrow – short lived on the scheme but, I guess itcomes down to how popular its on the scheme!

Participant

A gorgeous looking car imho as gorgeous as the Daren’s blonde wife in coronation street who has a steamy affair with Devs son from the corner shop

Jojoe
                                  Participant

I think they have an over supply of them in the country as there are a few adverts for the 70kwh model from leasing companies on Autotrader. As someone else said, here today gone tomorrow, as soon as they’ve cleared the few dozen or so they have.

Elliot
                                    Participant

That’s my new car sorted.

Participant

List of cars at the big event shows the new Lexus e300 in the top takumi trim. That with metallic paint retails for 59 grand lol.

RogerWilko

I am amazed at how many are “badge bunnies” when it comes to cars.

tge i4 is a poor ev, it’s built on a current ICE platform, so has a transmission tunnel that means it’s really only a four seater, the rear seats sit high because of the batteries so doesn’t give leg support, the boot, whilst fairly wide is actually low in height as the slope of the tailgate starts at the rear seat back so not very practicable.

But, so long as it has a “premium badge” sone will rush to get it over much better cars on the scheme.

Chouce is good however.

Personally I wouldn’t pay £2 for a BMW

Roger, my last car was a BMW X1 which was an excellent car. I had no problem switching to my current car which is a Peugeot, and equally I would have no problem switching back to a BMW if a suitable one was available. “Badge bunnies” is a bit of a derogatory term for those who choose to lease a car that says “quality” to them and gives them a pleasurable experience. We are all different.

joss

@POPS I am in total agreement with you on this. Went from a lovely BMW X2 Sport 2.oi xsdrive to a Peugeot 308 GT Premium. I would go back to a BMW if the choice was there on motability scheme.

Joss
                                              Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

kezo
                                              Participant

tge i4 is a poor ev, it’s built on a current ICE platform, so has a transmission tunnel that means it’s really only a four seater, the rear seats sit high because of the batteries so doesn’t give leg support, the boot, whilst fairly wide is actually low in height as the slope of the tailgate starts at the rear seat back so not very practicable.

The i4 is built on the fifth generation of BMW’s eDrive EV platform – Many EV’s don’t provide adequate! under leg suport because of the high floor.

Ive had my fair share of BMW’s in the past, maily based around the 3.0d X3, X5 and 530’s. Ive always found they lived up to their premium brand quality.

mitch
                                                Participant

matt t, ask him about the paint, is the orange and green free on mota or is there a charge.

i do like loud colours.

Elliot
                                                  Participant

Roger, my last car was a BMW X1 which was an excellent car. I had no problem switching to my current car which is a Peugeot, and equally I would have no problem switching back to a BMW if a suitable one was available. “Badge bunnies” is a bit of a derogatory term for those who choose to lease a car that says “quality” to them and gives them a pleasurable experience. We are all different.

Totally agree with this. I’ve had quite a few BMW’s and I’ve never had a bad one. It’s got nothing to do with badge snobbery despite what some think.

Molly

I’m due a new car now, nearly ordered the 2 series Gran coupe yesterday but now this has thrown a spanner in the works! Anyone know if the 3 series will make an appearance any time soon?

Matt T

Hi Mitch, I’ll ask about paint choices.

I’ve watched several reviews on the i4 and everyone loves the way the car drives and handles. I’m used to the lack of leg room as my current car is a Mercedes CLA Shooting Brake. I had a mustang mack e for 24 hours yesterday/today the model I was given was the more powerful 4 wheel drive extended range and although it was fun checking the o-60 time which was 5.2 seconds it didn’t feel good around corners, the pedals where too far to the left so I couldn’t get comfortable and then there was the build quality of the dash the panel behind the steering wheel felt as though it was held together with sellotape! The model I test drove had an on the road price of £66555 but the key fob was adequate completely out of the cheapest plastic I’ve ever seen.

Just to add not everyone needs an suv because of disability, I have problems with my spine and cronic nerve damage to my leg and find the lower a car the better. This is also true for a lot of drivers with Wheelchairs. Everyone’s different so I’m happy to see any new models added to the list as I’m sure we’ll all agree the more choice the better.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 708 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.