They want to limit over 60’s to driving at limited times.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169789 Reply
    Peter Ward

It’s a suggestion by an NGO that has no bearing on government decision making.

This sort of knee jerk reaction is exactly what The Express is hoping for.

#169790 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

Get those mobile phone users targeted more,leave old folks alone.

Ive read recently that even holding a mobile phone while in a vehicle will get you a £200 fine i would like that increased to £300 with an automatic 1 month driving ban.

#169797 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Holding a mobile phone in a car? Hangings too good for such people!  How about a sense of proportion?

#169800 Reply
    Rene

If you want proportion, increase fines for speeding too. And introduce them for “slowing”, too, while we’re at it. Fed up with getting stuck behind people who think it’s okay to drive 34 in national speed limit.

It’s weird that this isn’t a thing. It certainly is in germany and france, where you commit an administrative offense when driving below the speed (not limited to the motorway) limit for no good reason and can be fined for it.

I don’t see why punishment shouldn’t be increased, i’ll be honest. There’s no reason to hold your mobile phone in your car when in traffic. Just don’t do it, then it doesn’t matter what the fine is.

#169803 Reply
    MickC
    Participant
    #169804 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

More and more rules huh? The rot set in when they made seat belt compulsory…

#169812 Reply
    Rene

Erm yeah, moving a projectile of 1.5 tons or more in mass should come with a few rules.

#169817 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

They will be banning sex next.

#169820 Reply
    Tim

They will be banning sex next.

For the over 60’s?

#169835 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

So the Govt is about to raise the retirement age from 67 to 68 yet this NGO thinks a ban on night time driving for over 60’s is OK?

Here in Scotland its “night time” driving during normal working hours, mid winter sees sunrise at 8:50am and sunset at 3:30pm…so what do all these older workers do?

I think they need to lo0ok at the age of the average truck driver before they come out with such claptrap…

How about showing the accident figures in terms of deaths on the road – it would show men under 30 were the group that needs night time bans.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Reply #169820 in They want to limit over 60’s to driving at limited times.
Your information: