The Three Month Renewal Period Prior To Lease Ending>>>Some Questions

• Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

In early Feb i enter the three month new vehicle renewal period some questions i have does anyone have any answers.

1) I can actively look for a new car in early Feb say i find one within a few weeks and it is a manufacturer stock vehicle am i allowed to proceed and order it even before the lease is up in early May ?

2) If i cant order it and have to wait until the lease ends in early May will the dealer “save ” the car for me ?

3) Is the three month renewal period only there to help folks who are doing a new car manufacturer order where there is probably a lengthy wait which takes them past the current car lease end date.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Glos Guy
      Participant

You can start looking and indeed order any car 3 months out. It will be down to the dealer whether they will hold a stock car for you. Some will but many like to do a factory order to generate another order towards their targets.

kezo
        Participant

As GG says!

MickC
          Participant

@Glos Guy and @kezo

Can i take delivery of the new car before the current lease end date (while within the 3 month renewal period) without it being classed as an early termination by Motability ?

Has anyone done this ?

kezo
            Participant

Sadly not or should I say not without penalty (early termination fee)

No harm in asking though!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.