The PC and all tech related stuff.

• This topic has 143 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by joss.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #102269 Reply
    joss

Place holder

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by joss.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 18 replies - 126 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #138367 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@Phaedra Thanks for the C-Cleaner tip. I downloaded and installed it. It said “free” all the time until I tried to run it. Then asked for dosh. Don’t mind paying if it is going to work. Just a bit worried that I might be giving payment details to some conmen. Has it changed from free software, d’you think?

#138370 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

No, there’s def a free version,

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Far left option,

When it comes time to update you may be asked if you want to upgrade, just say no thanks, next screen gives the option to download the free version.

If you go into the Options menu (cog icon on the left side) you should see 2 options, Upgrade to Pro or Start Free Trial, use the Free trial.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy πŸ™‚

#138372 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Thanks, Phaedra. All sorted now. Will look more carefully in future.

#138385 Reply
    joss

Ccleaner used to be good. Not so much now as you can do what cc does on your pc if you have win 10 Pro.

Just be careful when setting up to do a clean up.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139851 Reply
    joss

For attention of Win 10 users.

This Tuesday the 9th of February 2021 Micros soft released a major update that fixed many issues.

I can emphasisΒ  how import this update is for win 10 users. So make sure you let windows update download and install these updates.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139868 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh buggrit! Just yesterday went in and reverted my mek to before that update because it slowed everything down again – terribly. Guess I’d better go and pick it up again and put up with Commodore Pet processing periods!

#139891 Reply
    joss

Tharg You should not have to keep doing that. Going back to last restore point, because it’s running slow.. Something is amiss. Do the updates and it may well just fix that issue!

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139904 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Received and understood, Joss. Will go get the bits…

#139912 Reply
    joss

Let me know how you get on tharg

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139923 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Will do, Joss

#139932 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sorry, Joss. It’s beaten me again. I go to “How to reinstall an update on Windows 10”. It says:
    Open Settings. no probs
    Click Update & security. fine
    Click on Windows Update. as above
    Click the Check of updates button to trigger an update check, which will redownload and install the update automatically again. Not there; closest I get is “View update history” giving data re updates but not doing the reinstall bit
    Click the Restart Now button to complete the task. don’t get this far!

What can I try next? It really is going very slowly. Some googled stuff says I should reinstall Windows. Worth a try? Or will it totally booger the whole lot?

#139937 Reply
    joss

Ok there is a possibility that it has already done the update and that’s why your not seeing it.

If that was the case you would see ” your up to date” in windows update. Here is a pic of mine. Look at the picture. Do you see where it says “View update history ” if so click on it and you should then see what I have in the second picture. If you see update history use the snip tool and take a snap shot and post it here.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by joss. Reason: more detail

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140058 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@joss Sorry for the rude lack of reply. I did actually write one but I guess I’d been signed out because of the update and it did not get here! So, thanks for that. Things are going a bit quicker now so I assume the updates have gone in. Moreover, it tell me that a new Win 10 can be had – ver 20H2 – is it safe and/or desirable to load this?

#140099 Reply
    joss

@Tharg No worries. I have done the post thing myself when I thought I was logged in and was not.

Glad speed has picked up. with the updates. I have been using the V.20H2 for some time Tharg. There have been a few patches which is normal. So yes. Update to that version if you like. I recommend it.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140168 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Well, it has finally finished Win Upgrade – only took four hours. Kept stopping, starting, restarting and freezing. Left it alone to sort itself out. Seems to work even though I’m getting odd messages like saying I’ve to reset password because “it has been changed”. Don’t trust this. Will wait and see what happens.

#140170 Reply
    joss

what password is it referring too?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140189 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Don’t know, Joss. It all sounded so dodgy, I kicked the msg/page off screen and restarted. Hasn’t come up again. Will let you know of it does.

#142370 Reply
    joss

Patch Tuesday the 9th of March 2021

Microsoft has released a major patch to its windows 10 OS. March 9, 2021β€”KB5000802 (OS Builds 19041.867 and 19042.867) Also Updates for Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows Server, version 20H2 and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/release-health/

All versions are covered in this release. major critical updates and security updates.

Check for updates NOW

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 18 replies - 126 through 143 (of 143 total)
Reply To: Reply #138385 in The PC and all tech related stuff.
Your information: