Topic
  • #102269 Reply
    joss

Place holder

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 7 replies - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130922 Reply
    joss

Tharg, If you can afford it. A Sonos wireless speaker would be great. They are not cheap at around £170.00ish but worth every penny. Top quality sound, can handle streaming very easily. You can also add more speakers in other rooms.

Don’t worry to much about range. Because you will be streaming from your laptop via your wireless router. Your laptop should also have bluetooth built in ?? if not you can buy a bluetooth that plugs into laptop. So really all you need is a wireless speaker to stream too.

Sonos speakers come with an app to control everything. So in fact you can use it independently from your laptop. I think I will buy my self one for Christmas. https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/easy-to-use

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by joss. Reason: added link

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#130939 Reply
    Tharg

Joss – thanks for that. Will go take a Google at Sonos.

#130968 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Tharg Sonos speakers are fantastic we have them dotted around the house and the sound quality is great. We have a soundbar which is connected to the tv with 2No. sonos 1 speakers which creates surround sound, brilliant.

As Joss says they are not cheap but if you use them a lot they are worth every penny.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#130976 Reply
    Tharg

Joss, Brydo – hear what you’re saying re the Sonos speakers. Trouble is I’ve got the Quad system, bought before I’d worked out the value of streaming. So I’m largely using CDs and vinyl (reason for buying Quad) because I’ve got a lot of good LPs. Don’t really want to bypass the Quad with Sonos; at least, not yet. May have to because, aside from the PC delivering digital data into the system DAC through RCA connection, more modern stuff like mobiles and tablets will only connect via speaker leads which is useless. Will try a Bluetooth receiver to see if it makes any difference – I assume that I can send digital data into it. Will let you know how it works…

#130988 Reply
    c2clo
    Participant

@vitalspin but then you have to use the worst operating system Winwoes 10 I have ever experienced. I have iMacs and a top of the range Winwoes 10 laptop. Winwoes requires booting everyday, sometimes twice, iMacs never reboot unless its an Operating System upgrade. You can run Winwoes on a Mac if you must, in fact when I tried it Winwoes 10 ran better, faster and with a load less trouble on a 10 year old iMac than on a 2020 Lenovo laptop.

SEAT Tarraco 2.0TSi 190 4Drive Excellence with Pano Roof and leather seats!

#137118 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@joss New computer recently did the update thing. Much swifter than older model. However, since that update, everything seems to take twice as long. Particularly true when accessing Internet. WMC pages takes (relative) ages to come up, for example. Is this common after an update? Are Msoft slowing us down so they can sell something to speed up again? Does not seems to affect madam’s tw@fone nor my Fire tablet. Can I do anything to get speed back up?

#137159 Reply
    joss

You could try just going back to the last recovery point first to see if that helps. Also try identify the latest update you installed

• This reply was modified 5 hours, 12 minutes ago by joss. Reason: added text

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 7 replies - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
Reply To: The PC and all tech related stuff. coming soon
Your information: