The Long Waits For Car Deliverys..How Do You Cope.

• Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

Does it put you off ordering popular cars on the scheme…..there have been a few over that last several quarters,the BMWI4 springs to mind while its AP was realistic plenty of clamour for one.

I was contemplating the Enyak Estate 85x Sportline Plus but reading the thread Everything Enyak i’m feeling put off as deliverys are now into July.

I was fancying the Peugeot E 3008 but its not even in the showrooms to look at and i am begging to feel its a furcoat and no knickers car,flash and fancy styling but not very fast out of the traps.

I like the facelifted Kuga from the reports but thats not anywhere near the showrooms yet even though you can place an order for one (retail not motability) it might come on the scheme in Q2.

I’m feeling like i’m in limbo.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

Place an order and forget about it till delivery. Keep an eye on this forum in case anything new joins the scheme, if a new addition takes your fancy, cancel your original order. That’s what we’re doing with our Enyaq order.

JohnK
        Participant

The wait time doesn’t really concern me as already on scheme and have a perfectly good car until mine arrives.

Been waiting 7 months for i4 suppose it’s more of a concern or frustrating to customers new to motability.

audrius
          Participant

Been waiting 7 months for i4 suppose it’s more of a concern or frustrating to customers new to motability.

Yeah, agree. We choose Toyota because they promised 2 weeks.

I knew that dealers are liars, but local dealer lied like his life depends on it. First promised car Feb 6, then  Feb 19, now got email that “From Feb 26”. “From” means probably March something. Very frustrating….

KamKam
            Participant

Just coming on to the scheme was promised May looking like July all going well. Current car goes back in June. Brutal!

jOhn
              Participant

I ordered a new Volvo XC40 last month.  The website said between 3 & 6 months, and the salesman said the same.  I asked him how long in his recent experience were they taking, he said about 4 months.  I said “I better plan for 6 months” and he agreed.

I mentioned he was extremely quick to change his timing.  He didn’t look happy.

tvs
                Participant

My Kia EV6 AWD was delivered in 2 weeks! Kia have them in stock at the central compound – out to dealers in 1 week. Cancelled my BMW i4 sport order, really pleased I did.

2024 - KIA EV6 GT Line AWD
                  2019 - 2024 BMW X1 2.0d X Drive Sport Auto
                  2017 -2019 Audi Q3 2.0d Quattro Sport Line Plus
                  2005 - 2017 Honda CRV Exec 2.0d

Glos Guy
                  Participant

Personally, I would never order a car because it had a quicker lead time than a better car. Like many on this forum, I spend ages researching what car best suits our needs and preferences, and once we’ve decided the next step is, by asking the right questions, to find a dealership that has immediate build slot availability.

Leaving aside the Covid related supply issues, now mostly resolved, most of the very long delays that people report are due to their supplying dealer not having an available build slot, but not telling the customer that when they ordered. The dealer sits on the order for several months before placing it. The reason you can tell this is because on any thread about a particular car there is always someone who gets their factory order car much earlier than others, because their dealer was able to place the order with the factory immediately.

I can understand those who are getting their very first Motability car, and perhaps have a very old / unreliable private car, being heavily influenced by shorter lead times. For the rest, I think it’s far more sensible to order the very best car they can get and just stick with their current car until it arrives.

There have been a number of examples on this forum over the years of people who ordered a car because it was available quickly and then, once they had the car, regretted it. As they say, the best things in life are worth waiting for. There is often a reason why great cars have long leads times and not so great ones are available quickly!

I have a good relationship with my Peugeot dealership. I was disappointed with the fact that other local dealers were far less friendly and helpful and also economical with the truth, when I was looking for my best options over the last few months. Fortunately the arrival of the E-3008 has allowed me to stay with the same dealer.

Trust is important, but getting the best car for your needs has to be the most important factor in any future deal, as Glos Guy has just said.

Glos Guy
                      Participant

I have a good relationship with my Peugeot dealership. I was disappointed with the fact that other local dealers were far less friendly and helpful and also economical with the truth, when I was looking for my best options over the last few months. Fortunately the arrival of the E-3008 has allowed me to stay with the same dealer. Trust is important, but getting the best car for your needs has to be the most important factor in any future deal, as Glos Guy has just said.

Pleased to hear that you’ve found something that you are happy with Pops as I know that your search wasn’t easy, as I expect mine won’t be. The first thing I need to establish is the ideal type of car for my wife to get in and out of. Will it still be an SUV or something a little lower?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.