The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 1,407 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #193068 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Struth – definitely coming round to that way of thinking – in fact just had a chat with my wife about it – faraday box in the kitchen was the conclusion.

I think perhaps for many of us – the illogical belief it will never happen to me is problem very common – even for a Kona.

#193069 Reply
    rox
    Participant

A well made case rox – and given your experience you have a close hand understanding of what is possible – perhaps I will leave keys in a faraday box downstairs – but not insight of the front door. I have family in the police and doctors and nurses – I know how being close to the action can make you focus on all the possible worst outcomes – police and medics usually get in volved when things aren’t good. However on balance I think you make a valid point – I hadn’t considered threats and violence to get a Kona – especially one I don’t own. My faraday box arrives tomorrow – perhaps I will find a home for it in the kitchen. 👍

Yeah totally, I guess growing up in London and having school friends allover london, has made me look at things very differently from many and having thought about certain scenarios beforehand has made me very streetwise and saved me a few times as you know what to do instantly, other didn’t when those situations arose and it ended badly for them.

Who knows what or whom could be targeted thesedays in the world we live in. With values of cars rising and imo it’s not just highend cars targeted, In hull earlier this year a house was targetted and 3 cars was taken, two remained missing. a grey Seat Ateca and a white Abarth.” Not exactly your 100k range rovers many think are the targets.

I don’t live in london now but in the very north of the midlands, but it’s something thats a nationwide problem and if someone is willing to enter your home, I’d say alot of them nowadays are willing to do damage to someome to get what they want or if confronted.

I think leaving the faraday box dowstairs is the sensible option. hopefully it never happens, but to someone it will that’s the sad part.

Where I used to work used to get robbed quite regularly and it was drumed into us at no point try to be a hero, as all money, which was very little onsite was insured. Scary though someone pointing a gun at you, or someone walking into the cabin from the yard not knowing. The company used to send all employes on interpersonal skills course due to the nature of the job and they really help in Most real world situations.

#193075 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks for your input rox and the straight forward way you have put it – you have changed my mind – having the box in the kitchen still protects from hackers of the key whilst hopefully it is an open door – no pun intended – for those who would break in and use violence if needed.</p>
    I suspect you will have made a number of us review the logic of keeping it hidden and it possibly leading to threats and violence from anyone willing to break into our home in the first place – so once again – thank you 😁👍👍

#193082 Reply
    rox
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks for your input rox and the straight forward way you have put it – you have changed my mind – having the box in the kitchen still protects from hackers of the key whilst hopefully it is an open door – no pun intended – for those who would break in and use violence if needed.</p> I suspect you will have made a number of us review the logic of keeping it hidden and it possibly leading to threats and violence from anyone willing to break into our home in the first place – so once again – thank you 😁👍👍

No problem at all, Some times logic is sound but everything we do has an effect and at the end of the day our own safety is more important. You know 1st hand what someone breaking into your house feels like  and that would definitely alter someones logic and that imo is the worst part of it all.

Hopfully it never happens to anyone but we all know it will to someone at some point and all I hope is they stay safe.

#193091 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I found bp charger and it’s free 😎

Fantastic. I am going to Tesco tomorrow.  Battery is at 98%, but will top up in the chargers are available.

#193100 Reply
    Carmad
    Participant

Well, I did a thing today… Ordered a Kona 64kw Ultimate in Dive Blue.  Had two 40 minute test drives, both unaccompanied!  ‘There’s the keys see you when you get back’.  Very pleasant experience at Arnold Clark, Linwood.  They say Feb/March but we’ll see.

How many sleeps until March?

#193101 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Join the club Carmad – sounds like a good choice 😁👍👍</p>

#193102 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

By the way Carmad nights and sleeps are two different things 😂😂👍

#193106 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hi

A really good read the latest few posts regarding theft and tracking devices.
    But can I ask, am I missing something regarding trackers, as my BlueLink tracks the car with a map within the App. So would that work in a theft situation? I’m sure it would.
    But thoughts about leaving the keys in the box downstairs, is a good idea to be honest.
    I guess also we have to be careful what we write on here as you never know who is reading these posts. I hope this site is safe. I for one haven’t registered as I don’t know how to. I’ve just read and replied 😳😳🤔🤔

#193104 Reply
    Chris

Hi all,

Could I ask about the available colours for the Kona on Motability; is it the same availibility and pricing as per normal retail customers? I’m looking at the Ultimate trim, if that makes any difference.

Apologies if this has been answered further back in the thread but there are an awful lot of pages to go through! 🥵

Thanks,

Chris

#193111 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Ian – as long as you are not giving reg plates email addresses or reg plates – I think you are as safe as you are in most places on line.
    We live in a world where we are tracked in many ways  – cameras on roads – especially London – any on line transactions – Amazon or other online purchases – phones – numerous apps etc.</p>
    I comfort myself in the knowledge I am a nobody with too little power, fame or money – so bigger fish to fry. Unless you go completely off the grid only deal in cash and provide your own water power and bivouac then your always going to be traceable by somebody.

So yes I am constantly on the alert for scams by phone and email – deleting and ignoring several times a day – sadly it is the world we are in – the plus side – I have a roof over my head – I don’t go hungry and I have medical aid when needed – AND – I have a KONA 😁👍👍

#193112 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Chris – it’s a long time since I ordered my car – but on the Hyundai website that you can link to from the search on the Motability site – under Motability Hyundai usually list available colours or just speak to your nearest Motability Hyundai garage – they may also have a better idea as to which trim and colour combo’s are the shorter delivery time – good luck 👍

#193113 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hi @tillyman

you are right my friend, it’s a somewhat a difficult world we live in, I’m the same, we have a roof and food and like you said you have ‘it’ your ‘ Kona, I have Evie my EV 🤣🤣

Chris, like Tillman, it was last October when we ordered our Kona Ultimate in Pulse Red. I understand that Pulse Red has been dropped by Hyundia and there are few colours in the Kona EV. I understand it’s because there is a New Kona EV on its way for next year. But yes, check with your Hyundia dealer.
    All the Best 👍👍

#193115 Reply
    Chris

Hi,

Thanks for the replies; I’ve tried looking on the Hyundai Motability page but can find nothing that specifically refers to Motability customers. I guess I’ll have to contact the local dealer tomorrow but was just hoping to get an idea tonight whilst I had a couple of hours free. 😉

#193122 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Chris – I looked on site – they appear to have changed no specific Motability section – so just build your car and you will see available colours for each model – there maybe more choice for ultimate that appears to vev6 including black and white red blue and a couple of greys 👍</p>

#193121 Reply
    Garry p

Well guys we got our vin number today it’s getting real now. But they still can’t give me the ships name ? It docking in tilbury 28/08/22 any help in finding it would be very much appreciated!

#193126 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

I would suggest that is a good sign – that they are giving out VIN whilst still at sea – they were doing that earlier in the year – I seem to remember Ian got his whilst still at sea.

#193131 Reply
    Garry p

Hi tillyman I was a bit surprised to get it so early into its travels. Like you said earlier it’s getting real now . But I would love to track ship ( too much time on my hands ) but I have tried glovis and no joy I have tried eukor and no joy . Any suggestions form you guys on what else I can try would be appreciated

#193138 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If you know when it left then you should have a clue as to where it might be – the fact you cannot find it suggests it is dropping off other cars on route – I have known them go in the western side of Africa or other places close by the exit of Suez Canal.</p>
    Often they don’t show bound for tilbury until in that last leg and it may be going up to Norway Sweden etc.

If you have some idea which area it might be based on departing Korea you could ensure you have filtered vehicle carrier and also the draft – they are big heavy ships so tend to be deep – look at other Glovis to get an idea – hope this helps – good luck my sleuthing friend 🕵️‍♀️ 😁👍

#193141 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Eukor are showing two arrivals into Tilbury, however  there are other ships not shown. The morning Lady is shown as arriving on the 30th August. Info from Hyundai does seem to be a little more reliable now.

#193140 Reply
    Garry p

Thanks pal I will put my Detective pants on and give it a go

#193144 Reply
    Woodlands
    Participant

Since receiving our Kona, Ive been getting around 5+ miles per kWh. On our 250 miles journey today, I got 3.2, but I didnt spare the horses and had the heater on at silly o’clock this morning.  Absolutely love the car, just wish it was bigger.

#193146 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Since receiving our Kona, Ive been getting around 5+ miles per kWh. On our 250 miles journey today, I got 3.2, but I didnt spare the horses and had the heater on at silly o’clock this morning. Absolutely love the car, just wish it was bigger.

I give the car 9.5/10. When Hyundai eventually replace it with an Ioniq then hopefully it’ll have a bigger boot and more space. Averaging 5.2 at present.

#193154 Reply
    Chris

Hi,

I’ve been told by the dealer that all colour options on Motability are available at no additional cost! 😁👍

#193159 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Chris – nothing has changed then – Motability have always had good colour choices at no extra cost – I assume it keeps their customers happy and helps with the resale – so the big question – what trim colour and interior are you going for – a nice problem to have – if you want to improve your chances of getting it earlier it might be worth chatting to the dealer and doing a bit of research – good luck – tell us what you decide. 👍

Viewing 25 replies - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 1,407 total)
Reply To: The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion
Your information: