The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 1,333 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #180364 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hello again Ian

glad to hear you have your vin and that your delivery is looking positive.

it sounds like I was just fortunate and placed my order just as light grey became available again – I remember the dealer saying “oh it’s back on again” – they hadn’t  had a vehicle of the spec I had chosen ie misty jungle and light  grey leather.

I have been trying to track the “Asian Empire” which many hope is carrying Kona’s destined for Tilbury – but it has not had tracking info for 3 days?

I hope this isn’t a negative sign

#180370 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Brent

my take on it is that it is Hyundai doing the market research and tweaking accordingly.

I watched a recent YouTube of top spec Kona the other day from US they seemed to have rear usb etc as you describe but only the drivers seat was electric – I understand earlier Kona’s to uk had heat pump – whereas 2022 model dosnt.

I would have liked electric seats with memory – but just electric.

I think the safety equipment with the Kona is excellent and for me the best value EV on the Motability scheme – assuming space is not an issue.

I still get around with sticks so don’t need room for chair.

Not sure I have answered your question directly – but there do seem to be a variety of tweaks for different markets, but I suspect cost to Hyundai is similar.

#180389 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Update</p>
    down loaded a different app

Asian Empire just going past Port of Sudan.

Tho’ it’s a bit worrying – I could be train spotting next 😂👍

#180397 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Update

down loaded a different app

Asian Empire just going past Port of Sudan.

Tho’ it’s a bit worrying – I could be train spotting next 😂👍

#180403 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I will only track if I know my car is on board. According to unofficial “reports” it is. Officially nobody knows or if they do they won’t say!

#180414 Reply
    Brent

That’s really odd that they’ve chosen not to.

It doesn’t make much sense that the trims are different in different countries too. Same with no rear air vents vs the ioniq having them. There isn’t much price difference between the lower battery ioniq 5 either.

It’s an easy fix to just train some USBs to the rear, it just sucks that for a car this expensive, it’s lacking on so many features. I’m excited to go electric still though. Car was much more comfortable and quiet than my current bmw.

Does anyone know if they’ve changed the tyres on the UK spec? Heard the nexen tyres are very slippy and unsafe.

#180420 Reply
    JohntheLeg
    Participant

@Brent . On my Kona they are Michelin Primacy 4 tyres.

#180424 Reply
    struth
    Participant

@Brent . On my Kona they are Michelin Primacy 4 tyres.

Same here. They get good mileage but are a bit bumpy on UK roads. The weight of car doesn’t help

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#180432 Reply
    Chris

Hey @struth how much is it costing you to charge from a 50kw charger ? If you use one ofcourse just want a idea 🙂

#180441 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hello again @tillyman and all

thank you all for all your comments and feed back

Ive spoken to my Dealer again in Crewe today and they have said the UK speck only did the Black Leather during the summer of 2021  due to lockdown, although I drove a light grey leather  Kona EV 21 plate which was a demo, all new grey leather speck and the new colours that were released started in November 2021.
    as lockdown eased.
    I’ve seen lots of reviews on the Kona EV and the speck changes country to country, quite significantly. Like the Coloured roof for example, not available in UK.

After looking at a few EV that were available on Motability, we chose the Kona EV because of the range and the low ish deposit, £999 for the Ultimate. Where as at the time of order in October 21, the Kia Niro EV was £4499 deposit. Although that’s dropped, I understand.
    so hopefully we shall all be driving our EV soon, helping the planet and hopefully saving money on fuel  🤔🤔

Happy safe motoring to you all and enjoy your new EV’s when we get them, I’m hoping Santa won’t have mine 🤣🤣🤣

#180443 Reply
    Brent

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Why are some people paying £999 for the ultimate and some £1099? I’ve noticed a few adds offering it for 999, but on the scheme its more.</p>
    Also, does anyone know the rough waiting time for people who ordered the car this month? My dealer hasn’t really given much info.

#180444 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Brent</p>
    price went up this quarter – so anyone ordering 4th quarter 2021 got lower price.

#180445 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hi @brent

yeah the Kona EV Ultimate went up in the new quarter to £1099

This time last year it was a lot more.

Hyundia Crewe and Hanley are now saying that any new cars will be at least 26 weeks. 🤔🤔🤔 If I get ours 15th ish April that will 30 weeks from order. 🤔😳👍

#180446 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hi @brent

Hyundia Crewe and Hanley are now saying that any new cars will be at least 26 weeks. 🤔🤔🤔 If I get ours 15th ish April that will 30 weeks from order. 🤔😳👍

#180447 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hi @brent

#180452 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

30 weeks would take me to the end of June. There does seem to be a lot of conflicting information, however, perhaps Hyundai have gone for a job lot!

#180455 Reply
    Capuchin

Kona now comes with Michelin not Nexen tyres.

im the same @fwipperie. Nothing on the dealer system for mine so a little worried now. If it’s on the ship it should have been assigned a vin etc and be on the dealer system. But it isn’t.

I did order with white leather and Misty jungle, so maybe delayed due to that…

#180456 Reply
    Chris

My advance will be £1099

#180457 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Kona now comes with Michelin not Nexen tyres. im the same @fwipperie. Nothing on the dealer system for mine so a little worried now. If it’s on the ship it should have been assigned a vin etc and be on the dealer system. But it isn’t. I did order with white leather and Misty jungle, so maybe delayed due to that…

My dealer has told me his system indicates delivery to them end of May, if that’s the case, 26 weeks, not too bad in the current climate. Perhaps when the ship docks the info will be updated. I remember the dealer saying if I wanted the light grey leather it “could” delay my order but my wife prefers the darker interior. I was not fussed either way. I know when I had an X1 on order 4 years ago I could track it online. A pity Hyundai do not offer something similar. The strange thing is I was told in Feb that my car was being built. Given construction only takes a few days, a 5/6 week sailing, perhaps a week or two in the docks at Ulsan and the same at Tilbury so  I am still mildly optimistic that I will have the car next month, albeit towards the end. I’m sure this thread will have many more updates over the weeks and, hopefully, not months ahead.

#180465 Reply
    Brent

Ah okay. Mine said july/August, but I’ve seen a few articles online saying hyundai have claimed they’re pushing them out for a short delivery, but that was late last year.

Has anyone switched tyres? I’ve heard the primacy 4 are very good, but also seen people say pilot sport 4 are better for grip and describe the car as being on the same level as a golf gti if it had better tyres.

What are people thinking about the ioniq 5? Likely to come on the scheme? I know motability has gone quite down hill in the last few years as far as more expensive cars go, but hopefully they’ll be adding much more, better electric cars. Most on the scheme are good if you’re a city driver, but if you live in a village you’re gonna need a good battery car and all I’ve seen other than this, the MG and the few others from hyundai/kia are very poor in terms of range. Or way too expensive (like the niro @5k)

#180466 Reply
    Brent

Ah okay. Mine said july/August, but I’ve seen a few articles online saying hyundai have claimed they’re pushing them out for a short delivery, but that was late last year.

Has anyone switched tyres? I’ve heard the primacy 4 are very good, but also seen people say pilot sport 4 are better for grip and describe the car as being on the same level as a golf gti if it had better tyres.

What are people thinking about the ioniq 5? Likely to come on the scheme? I know motability has gone quite down hill in the last few years as far as more expensive cars go, but hopefully they’ll be adding much more, better electric cars. Most on the scheme are good if you’re a city driver, but if you live in a village you’re gonna need a good battery car and all I’ve seen other than this, the MG and the few others from hyundai/kia are very poor in terms of range. Or way too expensive (like the niro @5k)

#180500 Reply
    Chris

I was told by the dealer the ioniq 5 is to expensive and will never been on the scheme I was supposed to have a test drive but the dealer at the time had a hissy fit and I ended up ordering the kona electric ultimate at a different Hyundai due for start of may if it all stays the same

#180504 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I too was told not to expect the ioniq 5 any time soon. I did 2 Kona test drives. 1st dealer way too pushy, and crucially when I had a basic technical question about the HUD gave me the wrong information, and thus lost the sale. My chosen dealer, a family run business are much better, except they cannot give my accurate information about my car, like all other Hyundai dealers.

#180511 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi all just had communication from my Motability dealer in Guildford to say my car is to be shipped early next month on the Dong-A Glaucos.</p>
    At the moment this ship is somewhere between Ipswich and Rotterdam – so by my reckoning if it is going back to Ulsan for pick up before returning to UK – that is more like 3 months.

my vehicle is apparently built and is the Ultimate with light grey interior and musty jungle.

So maybe they are dispatching all light grey when more ready or my dealer may have been given wrong info –

I have pointed out to my dealer that I would expect this would be more than a month given ships location.

he has always been professional and quick to reply, so I have no reason to think he is not just passing info given to him on.

I will update as I know more.

#180521 Reply
    Brent

It’s such a shame that the dealers and hyundai aren’t likely the add the ioniq 5. The price isn’t that far off the konas. The 73kwh model is on autotrader for around 42k, that’s marked up too from what I’ve seen.

There aren’t many larger electrics, the mgzs is good. But other than that it’s the e3008 which has a poor range. For people who need equipment I imagine it’s difficult if they want to go the electric route, which with fuel prices I’d imagine many of us are turning to it.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 1,333 total)
Reply To: The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion
Your information: