The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 1,443 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #179804 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hyundai UK told me July! My dealer thinks sooner, a fair bit sooner but they are under strict  orders not to quote anything specific. I know that my car was being built in Feb, so I think July is a little ridiculous and I know that the timescales are changing all the time with some dealers saying their screens suddenly change from say  June to April at the drop of a hat.  I was under the impression European Kona’s were built in the Czech Republic, but further research has shown both there and Ulsan and the report on another forum that a batch of Ultimate’s and equivalent Highlanders for the Aussie market were currently in production, (Feb. 2022) bears this out.  I was in touch with supply at Hyundai UK and the confirmed by email the only info they will give at present is an estimated ETA until the car has hit the UK. Anyway, there is nothing I can do to speed up the process so will have to be patient and in the overall scheme of things, looking at the world today, insignificant really.

#179836 Reply
    Capuchin

European konas are made in the Czech Republic, but right hand drive konas are made in Ulsan! Be careful with what Hyundai U.K. tell you; essentially they need to email supply in Korea for an accurate picture and supply won’t bother to reply for a while (if at all). Took me 4 tries I think. Once they get the reply from Korea, they will be able to tell you where your car is in the production sequence. (Which is still only an estimate, but should be accurate to a couple of weeks.) If Hyundai U.K. don’t get a reply from Korea, they will see nothing on their systems until the car is unloaded in tilbury. (Which I believe is when the dealer systems are updated too).

As you say, nothing we can do really! Just thought I’d give an update 🙂 If your car was built in feb, there’s no reason why it wouldn’t be on the ship I mentioned.

#179844 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

My order status Hello all, I ordered my car January 6th and have been sent this by my dealer. My lease isn’t scheduled to finish until mid  June and my dealer has said they’ll amend my  delivery date or keep it at the showroom if needed but, my car has definitely been built and I can’t wait to pick it up.

Current car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#179847 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

European konas are made in the Czech Republic, but right hand drive konas are made in Ulsan! Be careful with what Hyundai U.K. tell you; essentially they need to email supply in Korea for an accurate picture and supply won’t bother to reply for a while (if at all). Took me 4 tries I think. Once they get the reply from Korea, they will be able to tell you where your car is in the production sequence. (Which is still only an estimate, but should be accurate to a couple of weeks.) If Hyundai U.K. don’t get a reply from Korea, they will see nothing on their systems until the car is unloaded in tilbury. (Which I believe is when the dealer systems are updated too). As you say, nothing we can do really! Just thought I’d give an update 🙂 If your car was built in feb, there’s no reason why it wouldn’t be on the ship I mentioned.

Thanks, detailed response. I think I will just sit  tight and  contact my dealer at the beginning of April by which time the ship should have docked and I should know one way or another.

#179854 Reply
    Capuchin

See above Fwippers – His post lines up with the ship I located! Pretty sure we’re good 🙂

@XZ130
    That’s great news, time for us to start getting excited soon!

#179857 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

See above Fwippers – His post lines up with the ship I located! Pretty sure we’re good 🙂 @XZ130 That’s great news, time for us to start getting excited soon!

Yeah I’m getting excited already. I can’t wait to see my somewhat unusual colour choice in the flesh. I saw one at a dealership for 5 minutes and its stuck with me ever since.

#179861 Reply
    Capuchin

I’m also getting Misty jungle, and white leather. Hope it’s the right choices!

#179867 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

It appears the ship is full of cars ordered between Oct-Jan. Fingers crossed for all.

#179872 Reply
    Capuchin

Won’t say I told you so, but I told you so! (Good to know my Hyundai Korea contact is reliable and not full of crap)

#179873 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

Won’t say I told you so, but I told you so! (Good to know my Hyundai Korea contact is reliable and not full of crap)

do you think you could ask him for any official photos of the kona in jungle/musty green as I can’t find any anywhere?

#179874 Reply
    Capuchin

@Xz130 Here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV3-lvxhBnI It’s listed publicly as jungle green, but dealers know it as Misty Jungle

#179875 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks @Capuchin I had seen this video and it makes me even more excited</p>

#179883 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

A good contact is worth their weight in gold. So frustrating the lack of official information from Hyundai UK.

#180123 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi all – just joined forum – I ordered Kona ev ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) end of October – so I was searching around trying to establish when it might ship from Ulsan and came across this forum.

My current car with Motability was meant to swop last Tuesday – never expected it to happen. The latest I have heard from dealer (last Friday) it is built and waiting to ship – so was very interested to understand there is a shipment of kona Ultimates – I assume to Tilbury on its way. Any info will be gratefully received. Motability put in the charger Ohme last month – I currently have a Prius phev.

#180128 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hi all – just joined forum – I ordered Kona ev ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) end of October – so I was searching around trying to establish when it might ship from Ulsan and came across this forum. My current car with Motability was meant to swop last Tuesday – never expected it to happen. The latest I have heard from dealer (last Friday) it is built and waiting to ship – so was very interested to understand there is a shipment of kona Ultimates – I assume to Tilbury on its way. Any info will be gratefully received. Motability put in the charger Ohme last month – I currently have a Prius phev.

Welcome to the forum. We have all been searching for information, Hyundai UK and the dealers here have very limited knowledge of timescales and many dealers simply will not be drawn on dates.

What we “appear” to know is that during the week commencing 7th February production started on a number of Kona Ultimate’s and Highlander’s for the Aussie market. The RHD cars are built at Ulsan in South Korea and the timescale from when a car goes into production to delivery is around 10/11 weeks. The info suggests the production was for cars ordered between “6th November and some time in December”.

Other members here have identified a ship which is carrying a number of Kona’s which, if correct, is due to arrive at Tilbury on 29th March with the cars being transported to dealers on April 11th.

As you ordered at the end of October, then hopefully your car will be included in this batch? The ship has capacity for 000’s of cars and given Hyundai sold 7199 Kona Electrics last year, logically there is a good chance our cars will be aboard this vessel. I imagine logistically speaking, Hyundai will want to send a full boatload!

Similarly I was due to swap earlier this month, and like you never expected this to happen but was optimistic of an April delivery.

A question of waiting.

I am due to make contact with my dealer at the end of the month when I should know one way or another.

#180129 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Thanks for prompt reply.
    a positive knowledge base – very much appreciated – I am fairly phlegmatic about delivery but on learning this I confess to certain child like quiver of excitement- big kids never grow up I guess – thanks again👍

#180143 Reply
    Ian Websell

May I ask the Gentleman Tillyman, how have you ordered a Kona EV Ultimate is Green and light leather when UK speck does not offer that option. Have I been mislead by my dealer. ? I’ve even spoke to Hyundia UK and they have said, it’s not available in that colour or lighter leather. Only Black Leather on all UK colour options. Can anyone help or advise please.

#180175 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Ian

when I ordered Kona from dealership in Guildford – I was able to pre order the Kona before the normal 3 month Motability lead in.

I think they were happy to do this for two reasons – they appreciated the additional time lag because of chip shortage and so it was both sensible and helpful to me – also they knew they would have no problem selling it if I changed my mind – my swop date was meant to be 8th March so the official Motability bit happened in December.

when I went through my options with them on their computer I chose the ultimate and was able to see the interior colour chose ie light grey or black leather and also the exterior colour choices which included “misty jungle”.

I was able to take copy of paper work away with me and the next day they sent me the online confirmation – all an easy and efficient system.

what I don’t know is if these options were only available with the ultimate spec.

I hope this has answered your question and maybe some that you didn’t ask!

#180176 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

what I don’t know is if these options were only available with the ultimate spec. I hope this has answered your question and maybe some that you didn’t ask!

I ordered my car under very similar conditions to what you describe but with Arnold Clark Hyundai Glasgow in mid January with my official order date being 5 days ago(March 11th). At that time I could order misty jungle and it was confirmed again on the 11th so I know for sure the colour is still available but as I’d gone foe the Premium spec I didn’t get a choice of interior colour.

#180185 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I also had the option of light leather, dealer advised it could delay the car as the vast majority are black leather and the light ones are built to order, however all Kona’s are now built to order.  I can see many manufacturers adopting the Korean/Japanese model post Covid and producing cars with standard specs available more quickly.

#180263 Reply
    lee

I have just been onto the dealer and I ordered the Kona Ultimate end of December. They have told me that the have has not even been built and they expect it in July to the dealership and shipping end of May

#180268 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I have just been onto the dealer and I ordered the Kona Ultimate end of December. They have told me that the have has not even been built and they expect it in July to the dealership and shipping end of May

There is so much “information” on this and other forums that it becomes impossible to know wat is real and what to believe. Some who have ordered before others are being quoted later delivery dates. At the start of April many will know if their car has arrived in the UK, if not another 4-6 weeks wait.

#180276 Reply
    Chris

It’s crazy how I’ve ordered and be getting it before you apparently by my car dealer but you ordered way before me it’s weird !

#180277 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hello

thank you for your explanation Tillyman. Sorry, cannot see your name.
    yeah, we ordered the Kona EV Ultimate on October 4th, 3 months before delivery as per Motability allows. we ordered Pulse Red.
    I had test Drove the ultimate EV and said to the deal I wanted the same speck and colour interior as I had driven.
    when I saw your comment on colour, I checked my order form and it’s showing black.
    I spoke with my dealer yesterday to ask why, it’s black and not grey which I wanted.
    he told me, that the offer of grey leather was not available during September and October due to lockdown. And all new colour paint and interior only started up from November orders. I’m happy with Pulse Red as that’s the colour we wanted. But wanted the grey leather but getting the black. I guess that will as nice.
    Just to let you all know, my friend who is on Motability order a Mokka last June, and got it 1st March 2022. So it’s not just Hyundai. Which we all know.
    My dealer has now told me that he has VIN number for my car. Whoop whoop.
    Now I’m getting excited 😆

#180329 Reply
    Brent

Hey! Been reading this for a while. Ordered a kona ultimate 3 weeks ago, just wondering if anyone can answer, because my dealer can’t.

Why does the US version get a rear USB and phone pocket, and ours doesn’t? I wanna install a rear dashcam but it looks like it’s gonna have to be hard wired.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 1,443 total)
Reply To: Reply #179802 in The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion
Your information: