The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• This topic has 2,612 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by kezo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 801 through 825 (of 2,612 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      fwippers
      Participant

In 2 weeks, I should have a new car! I’m really excited now, hopefully no little snafu’s. It’s due with the dealer in only a week :O

I think we are all on similar timescales, I’ve been quoted 2/3 weeks.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I got my Kona almost a month ago and have put nearly 3000 miles on it in that time. I can say hand on heart that all of you will have your patience rewarded. It’s a fantastic car to live with and drive. From a comfort side of things I have been able to drive for longer periods than my ioniq and charging is simple. One warning note though. Change the automatic door unlock from Park to manual mode as I nearly had the charging door ripped off by an automated car was as if put the car in park and the car wash exerted enough pressure on the flap to open it up. Apart from that 1 month and 3000 miles has been a breeze.</p>

Current car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

CDcar

Hi Justme

Yes I understand it was on that ship.

Muttzmuttz
            Participant

Does anybody know how to contact hyundai service people to get an update from them? Is there an email or anything? Thank you

fwippers
              Participant

0800 981981 or message using facebook messenger

Participant

Hi Muttzmuttz

You will also need your order number – which your dealer can give you, if you haven’t already got it – I had to ask my dealer for mine.

Thanks for the update and tips Xz130.

Wow 3k in a month that will take me 3 months – so you must have made a good saving on fuel already.

Enjoy your car – my anticipation is building – getting more and more into Big kid mode.

fwippers
                  Participant

Time for a poem.

When in January capuchin started this thread,

Mistakenly we thought come April we could put it to bed,

Alas a shortage of chips and other parts,

Have come close to breaking hearts,

Is it time to bid farewell to the petrol station gas ?

Time to download a mountain of apps.

Some will be easy, others hard,

And in some cases it will still be needed, a plastic card.

The excitement builds, week by week,

The future seems a little less bleak.

A month, a week, a day still to go….

Lets hope Hyundai know!

Participant

Hi Muttzmuttz You will also need your order number – which your dealer can give you, if you haven’t already got it – I had to ask my dealer for mine. Thanks for the update and tips Xz130. Wow 3k in a month that will take me 3 months – so you must have made a good saving on fuel already. Enjoy your car – my anticipation is building – getting more and more into Big kid mode.

I have just done the math and saved £610. 74 in just a month. I love this car

Ian Websell

Best yet 🤔🤔🤔😳😳😳

Ian Websell

Participant

That’s a handy saving Xz130

How are you liking the colour –

Misty Jungle with light grey interior is what I chose – I understand – jungle green is the same thing – when I chose there wasn’t an opportunity to see the colour for real.

Participant

That’s a handy saving Xz130 How are you liking the colour – Misty Jungle with light grey interior is what I chose – I understand – jungle green is the same thing – when I chose there wasn’t an opportunity to see the colour for real.

it’s a intriguing colour, it’s really hard to photo to show it off but, when it’s parked in the sun it’s a beautiful colour that gets people’s attention.

Carmad
                              Participant

Apologies in advance for the off topic question; could someone tell me if an adult self-propelled wheelchair fits in the Kona boot?  Photographs most welcome.

Have a great day guys.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Apologies in advance for the off topic question; could someone tell me if an adult self-propelled wheelchair fits in the Kona boot? Photographs most welcome. Have a great day guys.

my wheelchair does fit but it blocks most of the view in the rear  view mirror. My chair has easily removable wheels which make it easier to fit</p>

Carmad
                                  Participant

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.  Looks a bit tight, Mrs Carmad has a thing about taking the wheels off the chair, ‘too much faffing about’ lol.

Thanks again.

fwippers
                                    Participant

Copied and pasted from another forum, and if correct, encouraging

“Ordered in December 2021, my Ultimate arrived at Tilbury on 28th June and is expected at our dealers early next week. Cars are just turning up at our dealers unannounced, 3 transporters arrived in 2 days a couple of weeks ago.”

Muttzmuttz
                                      Participant

Just got this back from Hyundai…

The vehicle is due to dock on 02/09/22. Then it will need two weeks prep before it will be delivered into the dealership. You should get the vehicle during mid October 2022.

Not sure why our dealer couldn’t just tell us that instead of all the rubbish they’ve fed us so far

fwippers
                                        Participant

My order status Hello all, I ordered my car January 6th and have been sent this by my dealer. My lease isn’t scheduled to finish until mid June and my dealer has said they’ll amend my delivery date or keep it at the showroom if needed but, my car has definitely been built and I can’t wait to pick it up.

As you can see from the above post, Hyundai can turn cars around and get them to dealers in a fortnight.

Rugbyleague
                                          Participant

I went to look at the Kona yesterday.

Interesting chat with the dealer principal. He advised that Tilbury was awash with Kia’s, he was waiting for 5 but was unable to get delivery predictions because there was so much pressure on the PDI centre (Tilbury) to process very high numbers of units and then supply to the dealers.

He said that Tilbury was struggling to process the volumes and then there was a shortage of lorry drivers to transport them……

fwippers
                                            Participant

Had an update from Hyundai with a VIN number. Car is currently at Tilbury which is what I was expecting. Dealer is due to call me next week.  Have purchased a set of mat’s from Hyundai with a nice discount.

Muttzmuttz
                                              Participant

Did you buy the mats direct from Hyundai? Keen to get a good set

Rugbyleague
                                                Participant

Think I need to read through 33 pages of this thread …..just ordered Kona Ultimate in a very dark grey colour ……

Reorder date is 22nd of July but nice chap at the dealer said he would order a car for us now.

Slight change in our circumstances means that the Kona will not be our 1st car and his big brother could be an Iconic 5…….

fwippers
                                                  Participant

Did you buy the mats direct from Hyundai? Keen to get a good set

Got them direct, I know they will be a proper fit and a 10% discount as well.

fwippers
                                                    Participant

Think I need to read through 33 pages of this thread …..just ordered Kona Ultimate in a very dark grey colour …… Reorder date is 22nd of July but nice chap at the dealer said he would order a car for us now. Slight change in our circumstances means that the Kona will not be our 1st car and his big brother could be an Iconic 5…….

Its a  long read, but there is a mountain of information contained within.

Participant

Glad to hear you have your VIN fwippers – good news and takes away that slight doubt.

Now you can believe and plan. 😁👍👍

Viewing 25 replies - 801 through 825 (of 2,612 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.