The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 776 through 800 (of 1,477 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #189815 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Is it just me or are there a number of unexpected vehicle carrier ships arriving in the uk – I wonder if chips have suddenly become available and Hyundai are in a hurry to clear their parking lots for the new design vehicles – I know some of you have connections with people in the know – any thoughts??

#189816 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

There were rumours that a number of cars were built but just waiting for some microchips. Perhaps these were received recently and Hyundai obviously want to get them to dealers and sold.

#189823 Reply
    Chris

just had a email to say that the vehicle is at Tilbury, due to be delivered to us the end of next week.

#189827 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Good news Chris – time to app up!

Enjoy 😁👍👍

#189831 Reply
    Chris

Downloaded the zap map like a month before ordering lol

#189837 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

I also have PlugShare and WattsUp –

Zap-Map seems to be the most up to date – but they all seem to offer different advantages. – I will only do about 4 or 5 journeys a year where I will need to charge away from home – so as I have said previously – enough speed, reliability, near route and are a sensible price will be my priorities.
    Will practice a couple of times near home to get to understand process – contactless payment etc.

Sounds like you will be getting your car a few weeks before me  – so I will be listening to your advise – nice that it is all beginning to feel real 😁👍👍

#189838 Reply
    glas67
    Participant

Glovis Crystal, supposedly arriving at Tilbury yesterday, decided to anchor in the Thames estuary for a day then went on a strange journey north towards Clacton this morning, before doing a 180 and is now heading back into the Thames.  My guess is that the vehicle lots in Tilbury are full and the ship wouldn’t have been able to offload.

This ties in with Tillyman’s comment about a lot of ships arriving recently from Hyundai.  Hopefully the crew at the port are working flat out to process the cars fast and get them out to dealers.

#189839 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

The Morning Chant to Immingham is the one that seems to play into the narrative of Tilbury being full.

Having said that – I have no idea what cars maybe on it or how many other manufactures off load at Tilbury.

I looked at Tilbury docks on Google earth and although it was probably taken some time ago it did give a sense of a huge parking lot.

#189840 Reply
    Chris

Can’t wait to be honest 🙂

#189845 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I think you’ve done well Chris. January to July, 6 months. When did your car arrive at Tilbury? Optimistically I am hoping to get mine the week of the 18th July, my calculations. As others are saying, time to start getting excited.

#189846 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Glovis Crystal, supposedly arriving at Tilbury yesterday, decided to anchor in the Thames estuary for a day then went on a strange journey north towards Clacton this morning, before doing a 180 and is now heading back into the Thames. My guess is that the vehicle lots in Tilbury are full and the ship wouldn’t have been able to offload. This ties in with Tillyman’s comment about a lot of ships arriving recently from Hyundai. Hopefully the crew at the port are working flat out to process the cars fast and get them out to dealers.

Hyundai will want to get them sold ASAP to generate income.

#189852 Reply
    Chris11
    Participant

16th or June @fwippers

#189851 Reply
    Chris

16th of June @fwippers

#189866 Reply
    Keith

Hi all,

I have contacted the local dealership hoping to get an answer with regards to when I can expect to take delivery of my new Kona E

ordered in Jan and nothing heard as yet?

My charger is all connected and I’m ready to go.
    It will be a shock going from a VW Transporter to the Kona but one that I’m willing to do.
    look forward to hearing how you all get on with regards to delivery times

#189871 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Get an order number from the dealer and contact Hyundai customer services.  They should be able to give you an update, normally within 24/48 hours.

#189870 Reply
    lee

Dec to October  for an Utimate EV could the dealer have sold the original and just ordered it again ?

Is this timeframe correct as it has not even been built yet ?

#189878 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Don’t know if this is any use to anyone

Morning Chant of the coast of Brest –  due into Immingham – Humber estuary on the 6th July

It is a vehicle carrier, but I have no idea what vehicles – I haven’t noticed Hyundai going to Immingham before – but if Tilbury is full it is a possibility and also ties in with dates that some of you have mentioned – good luck 👍

#189881 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Dec to October for an Utimate EV could the dealer have sold the original and just ordered it again ? Is this timeframe correct as it has not even been built yet ?

It is possible, if you get an order number from the dealer and contact Hyundai customer services, they will give you an update and can tell you when the car was ordered. We have a number of forum members awaiting or already taken delivery, and the pattern seems to be that cars ordered in December are due for delivery in July/August, however there are some exceptions, some shorter and a few a bit longer. We believe colour choice and choice of interior can all affect lead times.

#189883 Reply
    Keith

Oh WOW 😳😳😳

I just asked the dealer for an update of my order…

I was told looks like October!!!! That’s a 1o month delivery time ….

So realistically what are we talking November-December ish?

How quickly did you get yours ?

#189888 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Keith</p>
    Ordered my ultimate last week in October – I have my VIN and is meant to be with me before end of July.

So that is 9 months – so it is not a new thing – most manufactures appear to be similar or in many cases worse.

I don’t know if you are a Motability customer but it has also impacted choice and price over the last 3 quarters.

#189894 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Keith</p> Ordered my ultimate last week in October – I have my VIN and is meant to be with me before end of July. So that is 9 months – so it is not a new thing – most manufactures appear to be similar or in many cases worse. I don’t know if you are a Motability customer but it has also impacted choice and price over the last 3 quarters.

Its interesting that Chris who ordered in January is looking at delivery in a week, whereas your October order will arrive a little later,  a 3 month difference in lead times.  As Sir Humphrey once said, some cars that were ordered before others must wait until cars ordered after have been delivered, or something like that. I think two key factors at play here are build slot availability and colour/interior choice. Does seem Hyundai have sorted the chip problem as there seems to be a “glut” of boats arriving at Tilbury.  Finally a quick observation that this thread is approaching 800 posts making it one of the most popular of all time, and a very diverse thread, with discussions about battery choices, trim, colour and a lot of really useful information about shipping and logistics in general.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by fwippers. Reason: A combination of spelling mistakes and additional information
    #189899 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

There definitely seemed to be a time difference between premium and ultimate during the chip shortage, but yes – I’m sure outer colour and inner colour also played its part – what we may never know is the stock and criteria that Hyundai used to apply the logic of what to build when.

Ian Websell for example received his car much quicker than many – but I think he said ultimate red and black interior.

Hopefully fwippers our turn will come soon 😁👍

#189927 Reply
    Ian Websell

@tillyman

When I ordered mine way back when (October) I wanted the grey leather, that was I assumed I ordered.
    when I got my order form, it said Black leather, so I asked the dealer, they told me that the Grey was not available between May 2021 and December 2021 due to lockdown and colour shortage.
    So when my car was delivered 29th April 2022, my wife and I was pleasantly surprised when my interior was Light Grey, which is what I wanted anyway. So happy days.
    As I’ve said before on this forum, my dealer has been spot on with the delivery time scale.
    And we are still loving the Kona EV. Still running at 5.7 kWh. 10 weeks old this Friday.
    So all good for us so far. 😊😊😊👍👍👍

#189984 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Impressive low energy consumption, at 5,7kWh, that equates to around 365 miles on a full charge.  When I looked at the ID.3, the 82kWh battery claims 336 miles, the Kona 64kWh 300. Their respective energy consumption is therefore 4.1kWh and  4.69kWh, meaning the Kona is 14% more energy efficient. There are many on this thread and forum, who cannot wait to get our Kona’s.

#189985 Reply
    Capuchin

In 2 weeks, I should have a new car! I’m really excited now, hopefully no little snafu’s. It’s due with the dealer in only a week :O

Viewing 25 replies - 776 through 800 (of 1,477 total)
Reply To: Reply #179801 in The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion
Your information: