The kona electric delivery time thread

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 819 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #177009 Reply
    MrNeeds

Ordered the Premium 64kw battery version in Dive in Jeju colour on 21st November 2021, spoke to the dealer yesterday and it’s hit UK soil, we will get it before the end of the month (Threeways garage, Abergele), I too had the Ohme charger fitted from AES, the guy was really nice and had to make 2 visits because of the length of cable needed to get the charger in the right location, if anyone has ordered in November, ring your garage that you ordered from and ask for an update, they have the information on your lease.

#177184 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

When we opted for the “ultimate” trim we were aware of the differing lead times for both cars. I guess the ultimate uses more chips than the premium, so perhaps Hyundai are prioritizing it to get more units built and sold?

#178149 Reply
    Ian Websell

I ordered my Ultimate Kona EV 4th October 2021 and have been told April for delivery.
    As for BP Pulse, who are Motability choice with Hyundai, have been absolutely brilliant with me. I cannot fault their service. They have been nothing but exceptional. 10-10.

#178259 Reply
    Capuchin

Definitely looks like they’ve done a production run on the ultimates this month, and we’ll get them Mid April to early may.

#178273 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Definitely looks like they’ve done a production run on the ultimates this month, and we’ll get them Mid April to early may.

I would settle for that timescale. Due an update from dealer end of the month..

#178275 Reply
    lee

I ordered my ultimate in late December and the garage has not even phoned once. I would of though that they would have given me a courtesy call. Does anyone know the dates for a December order ?

#178276 Reply
    Chris

@lee I’d give them a call I’ve had the same issue once I rang the dealer was more than happy to give me a update

#178277 Reply
    Chris

I ordered in January 2022 and I’ve been told April but after the call it was changed to may

#178278 Reply
    Andrew

I ordered the 64kWh Ultimate at the end of December and have been given an estimate of the 3rd July for when it will be with the dealership

#178279 Reply
    Chris

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That’s strange how you ordered before me but got a later date, hmm strange unless my dealership had already got a order for a few kona electric ultimate</p>

#178280 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The overall picture seems to be around a 5 month timescale give or take, in the current climate not too bad.

#178361 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I found this post on another website

“Feb 9, 2022

If it’s helpful to anybody: Ultimates [and highlanders for the aussie market] ordered between November 6th and sometime in December went into production this week so for those orders we’re looking at 10 weeks. (Assuming 2 weeks from Tilbury to dealership)”

I have received confirmation that my order, which falls within the timescales above, is at the build stage. April delivery is a possibility, depending when and how often the cars are shipped.

#178381 Reply
    Chris

I literally feel like my dealership had already lied to me 😂 seen people on here that have ordered well before me getting big wait times but then I get told basically April/may

#178384 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

On the basis that the cars are being built now, completion, assuming no last minute delays on chip’s etc, week commencing 4th March Shipping wc.11th March, Arrival Tilbury week of 25th March, arrival at dealers, wc. 8th April, collection week of 15th April, perhaps a week or two later allowing for contingencies. An educated guess.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by fwippers.
    #179053 Reply
    Amd

I ordered my Kona Ultimate 9th October 21.  Goal posts have been moved a few times.  Now told probably at least April time before delivery.

#179177 Reply
    Cacy

I ordered a Kona EV Ultimate mid December and was told delivery would be late April early May.

Latest from dealer is delivery to them 5th May, but we will see.

#179321 Reply
    chris

just had a email to say my Hyundai Kona Electric its still in track for the end of april 🙂

#179328 Reply
    Chris

On*

#179342 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

January order and delivery end of April is pretty good going , 4 months max. Hopefully the rest of us who ordered Nov/Dec 2021 will get ours in the same batch and timeframe.

#179348 Reply
    Chris

I just hope they keep to it the guy who was dealing with my Order left the company so someone else took over

#179376 Reply
    Chris

Dealer emailed to say he made a mistake it be in the uk end of April and probably be a may delivery

#179677 Reply
    Ian Websell

I ordered our Kona EV Ultimate 4th October and I’ve had a call from my Dealer, it’s on the ship, they expect it on 11/04 then I take delivery 4~5 days after, let’s hope. BP Pulse have been and done the Double Pole Isolation Switch, fitted to my electrical box, which you need for your Home Charger. Then will come back to fit the Charger once my car is here with me, as they said they would be able to show me how to use it. Plus, you also get 3 months free Charging with BPPulse once they fit the Home Charger.
    So it’s been a while since order, but looking forward to getting our Pulse Red Kona EV.

#179800 Reply
    Capuchin

Our kona are currently on the way to the Suez Canal (around Malaysia currently) aboard Asian empire of Eukor. Should arrive in Tilbury on 30th, so mid April looks locked in for those orders

They’ve been remarkably accurate. Just not told the dealers anything.

#179801 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Our kona are currently on the way to the Suez Canal (around Malaysia currently) aboard Asian empire of Eukor. Should arrive in Tilbury on 30th, so mid April looks locked in for those orders They’ve been remarkably accurate. Just not told the dealers anything.

I have had conflicting info from Hyundai and my dealer. What was the source of your information?

#179802 Reply
    Capuchin

Hyundai in Korea confirmed the ultimates are on that ship. I can double check with Hyundai U.K. if you like, though it’ll likely take a week or more to hear back from supply about the location of my specific car.

what conflicting info are you getting? Have Hyundai U.K. contacted supply for you?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 819 total)
Reply To: Reply #178275 in The kona electric delivery time thread
Your information: