The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• This topic has 2,612 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by kezo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 2,612 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      glas67
      Participant

the charging infrastructure is great up here and if you use the chargeplace Scotland app that will cover most spots for you, in Stirling their points are a locations are free.

I have my CPS RFID card at the ready!  Where we live in Coatbridge, there is still a whole rake of free chargers available.  ~14 fast and 6 rapid all within a 10 minute walk of our house.

We can’t get a wall charger as we only have on-street parking, so the CPS network will be our main source for charging.  I know it won’t stay free forever but hopefully we get some use of the freebies for a while yet 👍

Participant

Yeah I’m in a similar situation as I have no drive. There are a host of chargers near here and the coverage of CPS is excellent and I plan to make use of it it on my 1st big road trip from here to The outer Hebrides.

Current car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

Ian Websell

Ian Websell

Good evening

Intrust you are all well.
              I appreciate it’s still warm weather but I can believe the range I’m getting.
              We have been to Chester today but my Kona has returned 6.8kwh after charging it over night. Absolutely amazed at the return. I’ll send the pic off BlueLink to show you all.

capuchin
              Participant

Morning Chant is safely moored in Marseille, but is likely leaving soon as she’s scheduled to arrive at Tarragona in Spain at 11am tomorrow! (Yep I know we’ll have to wait weeks once it reaches Tilbury but tracking the ship is fun)

fwippers
                Participant

The info I had from my dealer is the car is due in Tilbury on 28th June, which means its on the Glovis Comet which is currently sailing past the northern French coast. Who actually knows? Delivery is estimated to dealer before 24th July, which is a Sunday, which I believe means anytime during the week commencing 18th July. However it is difficult to know what to believe nowadays!

Participant

Hi fwippers

I notice it last departed from Sete France – did it originally sail from Ulsan and is Sete the usual place for Hyundai to drop of cars for southern France?

When I spoke to supply a few weeks back they said my car would be sailing 3rd June and Tilbury 15th July – so I was wondering if this tied in with that and 15th was the earliest it would get to my dealer.

fwippers
                    Participant

I believe Konas for the European Market, LHD, are manufactured in Czechia. There could be many reasons a ship stops in port. I’m not sure where it set off from.The info I got was arrival Tilbury 28th June then various dates for workshop in and out etc, with delivery 18th-23rd July to dealers. Latter might be a tad optimistic given there were delays at Tilbury as recent as last month.

glas67
                      Participant

The itinerary for Glovis Comet only shows stops in the Med.  I’m guessing it came through Suez as it stopped in Alexandria in early June, then made its way to 3 different ports in Turkey (Derince being its main stop) before heading for Sete.

Derince is a regular stop for Glovis but none of the others are.  Not sure what to make of that to be honest, the only thing that is giving me hope that this is our ship, is that it’s the only ship due in at Tilbury in the next week that we know Hyundai use.

Hopefully we’ll get confirmation on Wednesday from our dealers, they are apparently notified almost immediately by the Customs agent.

fwippers
                        Participant

The itinerary for Glovis Comet only shows stops in the Med. I’m guessing it came through Suez as it stopped in Alexandria in early June, then made its way to 3 different ports in Turkey (Derince being its main stop) before heading for Sete. Derince is a regular stop for Glovis but none of the others are. Not sure what to make of that to be honest, the only thing that is giving me hope that this is our ship, is that it’s the only ship due in at Tilbury in the next week that we know Hyundai use. Hopefully we’ll get confirmation on Wednesday from our dealers, they are apparently notified almost immediately by the Customs agent.

Interesting last comment, lets see how many posts there are here with VIN number confirmation, from Wednesday onwards.

Participant

All good info glas67 – thanks
                            it would be nice to have our cars before the end of July – but after so many false dawns – I will wait until I get word or a VIN!

Sigma

According to Supply, the Kona Ultimate we ordered in November 2021, is due to be shipped on 30 June.

Not sure which ship it is planned to sail on but Supply have promised to give me a call on Thursday to confirm that it is onboard.  Planned delivery date remains 31 August.

Hoping your VINs are issued this week.

Participant

Good morning all.

Has anyone mentioned the Glovis Crystal – it has recently dropped off at Casablanca and now appears to be bound for Tilbury – you can track it back to Arabian Sea – so it may very well have started from South Korea and it is a Glovis ?!?

fwippers
                                Participant

It can become a bit obsessive tracking ships, but allows a greater knowledge and appreciation of this form of transportation.  The Glovis Comet is now off the coast of Sussex, due to arrive in Tilbury this evening. My dealer called to confirm the system still shows delivery to dealer by 24th July. If Hyundai still had transportation delays I would expect them to show on the system so hopefully everyone whose car is on this vessel will have them this time next month. Although I will exercise a degree of caution I think its time to start preparing for the changeovers and feeling more positive. I have to procure a set of mat’s,  £30-40 seems the going rate for something half decent, and need to read up and start downloading some of the charging apps, and finally, switch our electricity tariff to rake advantage of cheaper evening/overnight prices. A petrol station, literally up the road from my son have just installed 8 super fast chargers, I think 350kwh, so the ability to add 60 or 70 miles in 15 mins, assuming 77kwh charging, is comforting on the odd occasion we do a long trip to visit him and other family. I have a feeling the AP’s on the Kona’s will rise a little again in Q3.

Participant

Let’s hope that is correct fwippers.

Here are some of the things I have learnt trying to prepare for change over. – forgive me if I am spouting stuff people already know.

Apps – I have downloaded – Zap-Map. –  PlugShare and WattsUp.

I have found these useful to establish appropriate charging points on my likely long distance routes to family – ranging from 150 up into Nottinghamshire and 250 mls across to Cornwall. With priority given to speed of charger, closeness to route, number of chargers and good reviews.

I am currently with OVO – I looked into taking out a contract for over night off peak charging both with them and Octopus – what I found was that yes it is cheaper but the day rate is more expensive – I thought about using timers to max over night off peak for washing machine dishwasher etc but concluded I didn’t want things running over night and making noise. My usual annual mileage is between  7000 – 10,000 miles and concluded for me it was not worth changing contract – if I was doing a higher mileage ie over 12000 and more road trips where I needed to charge it might well be worth the change. Some companies also offer uk  charging points at a cheaper rate that goes onto your electricity bill  – so just a card swipe.
                                    Finally more and more charging points seem to allow a simple swipe of a credit card – tho I still have some concerns about security – I am that man that keeps car keys and credit cards in shrouded wallets and pouch.

Hope this helps somebody and that it isn’t too long winded 👍

Woodlands

As others have already said, the Glovis Comet is scheduled to dock tonight. We have also had an updated delivery estimate of 24th July. We’ll see…….

fwippers
                                      Participant

For those of you who have absolutely nothing better to do, here are a couple of Webcam links, at Broadstairs and Southend, where it might be possible to catch a glimpse of the Glovis Comet as she passes on her way to Tilbury later this evening.

https://www.devonhurst.co.uk/live_webcams

https://www.devonhurst.co.uk/live_webcams

CDcar

Not sure who mentioned dates for delivery but if it helps I ordered a premium Kona mid December, dealer has confirmed finished 26th March, shipped 4th April & ready for collection end of this week,

fwippers
                                          Participant

Not sure who mentioned dates for delivery but if it helps I ordered a premium Kona mid December, dealer has confirmed finished 26th March, shipped 4th April & ready for collection end of this week,

The lead times on the Premiums was always shorter than the Ultimates.

fwippers
                                            Participant

fwippers
                                              Participant

If you look carefully at the pic above, in the background is the Glovis Comet.

glas67
                                                Participant

For those of you who have absolutely nothing better to do, here are a couple of Webcam links, at Broadstairs and Southend, where it might be possible to catch a glimpse of the Glovis Comet as she passes on her way to Tilbury later this evening. https://www.devonhurst.co.uk/live_webcams https://www.devonhurst.co.uk/live_webcams

You can see it on the sea view cam on the Broadstairs (2nd) link right now lol!

CDcar

My point was more about times getting it to the UK & then dealer which was what was mentioned by someone else.

Justme

Do you know if your car was on Grand Pavo which arrived around June 14th?

fwippers
                                                      Participant

The Morning Chant, which has been the subject of widespread conversation on this thread, appears to be heading for Immingham, so we can deduce that it is not carrying Hyundai´s!

I also gleaned from another forum that  3 weeks from “landing” in Tilbury to the dealer was being achieved, which should give cause for optimism.

When I get the VIN, I shall start the arduous, but important, task of sourcing some car mats. Genuine Kona ones go for around 55 quid, copies around 30. And of course, like many, will be putting in just a few litres of petrol at a time.

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 2,612 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.