The kona electric delivery time thread

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 779 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188809 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

That explains another historical experience when I was convinced I hadn’t logged out – so just put it down to one of the additional delights of ageing 😂😂

#188815 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

It is a long running issue, we, the mods, will edit any time the html script appears. It happens when copy and paste is employed, the keyboard on the pc is set to a non standard keyboard, or randomly.

WMC

#188816 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

This thread now combines very useful information on the workings of the forum and all we need to know about Kona deliveries. The Morning Chant is due to pass through the suez canal tomorrow, still scheduled to arrive at Tilbury on the 30th.

#188850 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

I have had two posts disappear including a couple of mods posts concerning keyboard – I have no idea why – if I have done something against the rules and I knew what it was I would ensure not too repeat it – as it is I’m just puzzled !

#188852 Reply
    POPS

You haven’t done anything wrong Tillyman. I’ve seen the posts on my personal emails and seen a reply by WMC saying he’s trying to fix the issue.

#188921 Reply
    Phil

Ordered Kona Ultimate beginning of May, updated deliver from dealer build in November delivery end February 23. 8 weeks to transport to UK.

#188932 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

It appears that a lead time of between 7-9 months is the new normal for the Kona. 8 weeks to transport is normal, 4-5 weeks on the ship,  2 weeks at Tilbury for the PDI etc. and then another week to transport to dealer.

#188952 Reply
    Tim

Good afternoon everyone, it’s really great and encouraging hearing that some of you are getting ever closer to getting your cars. According to our dealer (not the best at communication to be fair but hey ho…..) he said that our car ordered in mid February this year (ultimate in misty jungle) is still showing as being in the UK in September and with us by the end of September. We will see but for now, it’s going to be great hearing about your driving experiences ☺️

#188957 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Tim and welcome

I ordered my Kona ultimate misty jungle and light grey leather end of October – according to supply it is at sea and will be with my dealer mid July – I suspect that will migrate to August

fyi – if you register your posts will appear much quicker – I noticed from the top you had posted and you were a name I wasn’t familiar with about 5 mins after you did but it has taken this long for me to actually see your post.

#188980 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

For those interested, The Morning Chant is queueing to enter the suez canal.

#189037 Reply
    glas67
    Participant

Unfortunately, it looks like the Morning Chant info has been wrong.  The ship has now exited the Suez Canal and has set its destination for Fos-sur-Mer, near Marseille on the south coast of France.  Due to arrive there on 27th June so I doubt it could get here for the 30th.

Anyone know if these ships would do multi-drops at different European ports?  I assumed it would take a full load to a single destination….maybe not?

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

#189038 Reply
    glas67
    Participant

New target for those who are interested…

Glovis Comet, currently leaving a port on the S of France and due to arrive in Tilbury in the early hours of 29th June.  My dealer had actually given me a date of 28th, whilst you have all been told the 30th apparently.  Split the difference 🙂

I remember reading previously that a lot of the Hyundai deliveries are done by Glovis ships, so it might just be the one we are all waiting for.

#189046 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

New target for those who are interested… Glovis Comet, currently leaving a port on the S of France and due to arrive in Tilbury in the early hours of 29th June. My dealer had actually given me a date of 28th, whilst you have all been told the 30th apparently. Split the difference 🙂 I remember reading previously that a lot of the Hyundai deliveries are done by Glovis ships, so it might just be the one we are all waiting for.

Excellent information.

#189047 Reply
    capuchin
    Participant

Unfortunately, it looks like the Morning Chant info has been wrong. The ship has now exited the Suez Canal and has set its destination for Fos-sur-Mer, near Marseille on the south coast of France. Due to arrive there on 27th June so I doubt it could get here for the 30th. Anyone know if these ships would do multi-drops at different European ports? I assumed it would take a full load to a single destination….maybe not? Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Could be making a stop for any number of reasons really; you shouldn’t read too much into it. Can be food/crew/fuel/technical/whatever. Could even just be a marked transit point. Most likely it knows there’s a few days unloading backlog at Tilbury and it’s cheaper to wait in Marseille. Assuming a 17kn avg speed, it’s around 5 days I think from Marseille to Tilbury, so looks a day or two late.

#189051 Reply
    glas67
    Participant

Excellent information.

👍

Tilbury only shows arrivals for the next 6 days, but since the 28th is within that 6 days I checked on the off chance and noticed the Glovis name.  Turns out that Glovis isn’t just a shipping company that Hyundai use, it is their own shipping company lol.

I’m pretty sure this is the right one.

Could be making a stop for any number of reasons really; you shouldn’t read too much into it. Can be food/crew/fuel/technical/whatever. Could even just be a marked transit point. Most likely it knows there’s a few days unloading backlog at Tilbury and it’s cheaper to wait in Marseille. Assuming a 17kn avg speed, it’s around 5 days I think from Marseille to Tilbury, so looks a day or two late.

There’s a more likely candidate now, the Glovis Comet.  Due into Tilbury on June 29th.

#189053 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

If you look at the position of the Morning Concert, 4 days to get to Marseille involves travelling the length of the Med. then around Spain and Portugal and through the Bay of Biscay. Marseille to Tilbury should be possible in less than 2 days, a short hop! I´m not an expert .

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by fwippers. Reason: Important additional information/contribution/opinion
    #189060 Reply
    glas67
    Participant

If you look at the position of the Morning Concert, 4 days to get to Marseille involves travelling the length of the Med. then around Spain and Portugal and through the Bay of Biscay. Marseille to Tilbury should be possible in less than 2 days, a short hop! I´m not an expert . .

Surprisingly, it’s a shorter distance from Port Said at the mouth of the Suez to Marseille, than it is from Sete to Tilbury.  2015nm to 2288nm according to an online shipping calculator.

#189061 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

I love the enthusiasm of calculating distances, possible ships and their stops and if they eventually get to Tilbury – don’t get me wrong I have been as bad as anyone – but I suspect the real issue of timing is how long it is going to take from docking at Tilbury to being ready for our collection.

#189064 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Of course Marseille is on the Med. The key question is how quickly Hyundai can turn the cars around at Tilbury.  The goal is to have them on their way after 2 weeks. I’ll be checking in with my dealer next week, perhaps he may have more info?

#189073 Reply
    glas67
    Participant

Yeah 2 weeks in port and then apparently a week to transport to the dealer and for him to prep it for collection.

We go on holiday on July 22nd, just driving round Scotland, so it’d be great if we could have it for then to give it a good run, and test the charging infrastructure up here.

#189078 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

I do hope 3 weeks from docking at Tilbury still applies – but I know from other forums and other peoples experience many have been 6,7 or even eight weeks.

there seem to be a whole host of possible reasons why – from shortage of delivery drivers to installing the last needed chips – especially in the case of the ultimate – I suspect that is why they don’t really want us to know the ship and when it docks – so we don’t harass them.
    I know in the past people were given the VIN number when the ship sails – but now it appears to be when the car is at Tilbury – without any real way of knowing how long it has been there before they do.
    Im still thinking August and hoping to be surprised 👍

#189080 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

so it’d be great if we could have it for then to give it a good run, and test the charging infrastructure up here.

the charging infrastructure is great up here and if you use the chargeplace Scotland app that will cover most spots for you, in Stirling their points are a locations are free.

Current car
    2019 Hyundai Ioniq Premium in black
    New car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#189090 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I do hope 3 weeks from docking at Tilbury still applies – but I know from other forums and other peoples experience many have been 6,7 or even eight weeks. there seem to be a whole host of possible reasons why – from shortage of delivery drivers to installing the last needed chips – especially in the case of the ultimate – I suspect that is why they don’t really want us to know the ship and when it docks – so we don’t harass them. I know in the past people were given the VIN number when the ship sails – but now it appears to be when the car is at Tilbury – without any real way of knowing how long it has been there before they do. Im still thinking August and hoping to be surprised 👍

Apparently they are getting the cars “shipped out” quicker now. At least, come the end of the month, the cars should be in the UK!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by fwippers. Reason: Spelling error
    #189098 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Good to know fwippers
    here is hoping for July then – maybe glas67 will get his road trip in his new car 👍

#189118 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Checked in with dealer who gave me a detailed update. Car due at Tilbury 29th June with delivery to dealer and ready for pick up a month later. Estimated of course.

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 779 total)
Reply To: The kona electric delivery time thread
Your information: