The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 1,416 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188488 Reply
    Sigma

Really nice Lady from Supply called to confirm that my car is still not built but they are hoping to complete the build next week and get it onboard the ship sailing on 30 Jun, to be with Dealer first week of September.

#188539 Reply
    Capuchin

Unsure if it means anything at all or is just a quirk of their weird system, but the dealer PDI which was showing phases ‘workshop in date’ to ‘workshop out date’ taking 1-3 days before, is now showing taking15 days. Car scheduled to arrive on 26th at the dealers.

#188549 Reply
    Garry p

Cars Been knocked back today again and today should have been it’s built date now they are saying  October/ November.that’s after dealership and supply telling me it will be here august. You simply can not trust Hyundai delivery dates they are just pie in the sky to say the least

#188559 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Thought it worth sharing this useful information from another forum.

Jun 16, 2022

2 Ships have docked at Tillbury 1 yesterday Glovis Grand Spring and Eucor Grand Pavo today so any orders should be on one of them 3 weeks on from that would have been absolute longest time pre-covid but as had been mentioned elsewhere the hold up is Drivers for the HGV car transporters after catching one at my dealership he said they are working flat out but still vehicles sitting on dock almost as long as it takes to ship over from Ulsan anyway wait is almost over .

#188561 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Yes I noticed that on SpeakEV – it was the same two ships I mentioned yesterday, which I got from one of the ship tracking apps.

It seems relatively easy to establish which ships are leaving Korea and bound for Tilbury – but finding out the truth about if our cars are on them, when they are unloaded at Tilbury and when we find out they are ready for collection – shrouded in mystery.

I still find it difficult to understand the logic of all the smoke and mirrors – it puts Hyundai and the suppliers in a bad light – it certainly doesn’t make me feel reassured as to Hyundais customer care – very counter productive.
    So still thinking late August but wanting to be surprised in July.

#188577 Reply
    Brent

Odd question. But since we’re all getting the same car I’m wondering if any of you might have a little advice on this.

For those of us given delivery dates, that have changed -moved forwards- back and over and over. What’s the likelihood we could possibly claim fuel costs back from motability?

I ordered my car in march. Due to fuel already being too expensive then. At this point. I’m barely able to leave since its risen by so much. And I’m also a carer.

Atm, my dealers changed from July to November, yet others have been delivered the same cars on an earlier date. So I’m hoping there’s some form of support?

Was given an exact date of 15th of September. But that changed again

#188582 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

About this much

sorry to be negative but I would expect them to say – events beyond their control – it Would  open a real can of worms from their point of view.

I just hope Motability continues to function with all the extended leases at the moment – but good luck – cost nothing to try 👍

#188585 Reply
    Sigma

We handed back our last Motability car a year early due to the only driver being deployed with the Military and ordered our Kona for an Apr delivery.

With all of the delays and us note not having a vehicle were approached Motability for assistance with a Hire Car to attend medical appointments, shopping etc but no not.

#188590 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Odd question. But since we’re all getting the same car I’m wondering if any of you might have a little advice on this. For those of us given delivery dates, that have changed -moved forwards- back and over and over. What’s the likelihood we could possibly claim fuel costs back from motability? I ordered my car in march. Due to fuel already being too expensive then. At this point. I’m barely able to leave since its risen by so much. And I’m also a carer. Atm, my dealers changed from July to November, yet others have been delivered the same cars on an earlier date. So I’m hoping there’s some form of support? Was given an exact date of 15th of September. But that changed again

I have to agree with Tillyman. About as much chance as a politician giving a straight answer to a straight question! And , in fact, there is no breach of contract here.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by fwippers.
    #188610 Reply
    Bryon Gibson

Picked up Kona EV  Ultimate on Wed in pearlescent red ( stunning colour btw) 4 days short of 7 months wait

Not driven far yet but to say I am impressed is an understatement. Economy best case 6m per Kw worst case 4.4m per Kw, not had it on Motorway as yet, so pretty close to those given by Hyundai,

I am a computer systems engineer and there is enough toys, switches, lights and programs to keep me amused and probably frustrated for months😋

I find the car exceptionally comfortable and easy to drive although my old car had start button on right this is on left and I keep looking in the wrong place.

My only gripes so far is that I can’t remember the boot being that small all those months ago, not sure yet about “gear” selector buttons feel more comfortable with a stick and my mobile phone is too wide for the wireless charger ( very minor niggles)

#188621 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

It may seem slightly odd or I am pretending, but I am genuinely pleased to hear when someone who has had a long wait finally gets their car and better still are clearly pleased with it.
    It will be 8 months for me and a few others by the later end of June, but hopefully we are on the home straight – enjoy your car Bryon 👍

#188623 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

In total agreement, additionally it is encouraging that the cars are starting to flow through at a good rate, 7-8 months seems to be a typical wait, not bad in the current climate.

#188628 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

For those seeking information on the position of the Morning Chant, it is currently off the coast of Yemen, not too close, due to arrive at Suez on the 22nd.

#188671 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

How does the vetting system work on this forum – I noticed Ian had posted 1hr 50mins ago according to last posted at top but I am unable to see post – so was curious as to if this post asking for help as to how it works will appear before Ian – maybe it is just me

#188666 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hello

I love reading all your messages on here. So sorry though that most of you are still waiting.
    Our Kona Ultimate is absolutely brilliant. We are now running at 6kwh which is giving us us an amazing return on range. More that we expected. We have now done 1250 miles and cost so far is £27 all at home charging, day and night.
    Not charged for 11 days and still have 180 miles range left. Now that the world and his dog has seen our new car, we can get back to our normal miles.
    That said, we can now go out and enjoy going for drives to the country side and not having to worry about fuel costs. Which in turn helps my disability/illness. So all good.
    It would be great when we all have our new cars we could all meet up somewhere central for us all and show them off. 👍👍👍👍

#188674 Reply
    joss

How does the vetting system work on this forum – I noticed Ian had posted 1hr 50mins ago according to last posted at top but I am unable to see post – so was curious as to if this post asking for help as to how it works will appear before Ian – maybe it is just me

Basically @Tillyman it works on availability of a mod being on line and checking posts that need authorising.

For example I have just this moment logged in and this is the first post I see that needs moderating.

Please bear in mind that there are only 3 of us to run the world. 😁

Edit: Of course if the user was to say, register there would not be any delay!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by joss.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#188678 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Sounds like a Kona Rally to me – tho Ian you must be light years away judging by the time it takes for your posts to arrive 😂😂 – enjoy summer trips in your cool looking, cool seated car 👍👍</p>

#188682 Reply
    POPS

Joss has just hit the nail on the head. We’re a team of three individuals who all have busy lives.

One or other of us monitor the site regularly and read our notification emails as much as we are able. Modding the forum is always on our minds, but other chores and daily needs have to be catered for.

👍 PS: I was in Waitrose at the time! 😀

#188684 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Thanks mods – now I understand – it will save me going off my rocker – tho it shows I am a man of a certain age.😂😂

So the message is – register 👍👍

#188686 Reply
    POPS

Thanks mods – now I understand – it will save me going off my rocker – tho it shows I am a man of a certain age.😂😂 So the message is – register 👍👍

Spot on Tillyman …. Cheers.

#188788 Reply
    capuchin
    Participant

I only just realised it from the mods perspective when I saw that, so I have registered now. I didn’t mind waiting for my posts to be approved, but did not consider their time involved to do it every time.

#188787 Reply
    glas67

Morning Chant is now off the coast of Egypt, in the Red Sea.  Made it past the pirate waters without losing any of our valuable cargo hopefully 🙂

Next stop Suez, and then we hopefully get our confirmation that it’s full steam ahead to Tilbury.

Did I mention that I’m not even waiting on a Kona?  Ioniq EV for me, can’t wait to join the electric revolution!  There won’t be many of these great cars left to reach us soon, I’m glad we got our order in before they stopped production.

#188800 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Morning capuchin – I maybe wrong – but I think if you are registered and are set to be notified on any new posts;  it sends a link to your email.

I noticed that I am not notified of all new posts. It seems to me that registering is a win win – win for us and a win for the mods – have you had any more recent updates about your car?

#188803 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i think it depends on content of posts too as i still get some of my posts that have to be vetted on occasion.. not often but it happens

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#188806 Reply
    joss

Also bear in mind if the forum has to be reset for some reason, updates etc then it logs everyone out. You then have to login again.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 1,416 total)
Reply To: Reply #188678 in The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion
Your information: