The kona electric delivery time thread

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188164 Reply
    John Davies

Called into my dealer this afternoon Sunday 12 June, he said my car was at sea and on its way he even went as far as to say it should be with them ( the dealer) for my collection mid July, that would be nice but I’m not holding my breath, but I would like it to be true, I’m adding 4 weeks at least to their ETA.  Mine was ordered 26th Nov 21 Kona electric dark Knight ultimate black interior.🤞🏻

#188168 Reply
    Woodlands

My Kona Ultimate was ordered Dec 2021. I was informed yesterday that it is at sea, due in Tilbury on 30th June and at the dealers on 13th July (!).

#188251 Reply
    glas67

John Davies, and Woodlands.  I suspect your cars are on the same ship as mine.  The vessel is the Morning Chant, and is currently passing somewhere off the southern tip of India.

Like yourselves, I’ve been given a likely delivery date of mid-July.

#188275 Reply
    Garry p

Our ship the auto Achiever is due to leave Ulsan on the 25/06 with a delivery date of car to us on 31 august. I can’t see this delivery date being Achieved but it been a long 9 months since we ordered car. With dealership saying it will be March / April

#188280 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

An update from Hyundai today, Car is built and at sea, and like many others, due to dock at Tilbury 30th June, delivery to dealer estimated mid July.

#188300 Reply
    Chris

@fwippers at last ! Happy for you that it’s actually on the move!

#188309 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Like everyone else it’s nice to finally get some positive news. Looks like Hyundai have done a huge production of Ultimates. Hopefully we’ll all get our cars in July so we can enjoy the summer. The way petrol prices have gone, a 25 rond trip to the coast costs around £6, and a trip to Tesco the other night to pick up a few bits £3. BTW this time Hyundai came back within 24 hours with an update, previously it was 10 days.

#188319 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hope you are right – I am just keeping myself in check – can do with out more disappointment. – I know the Morning Chant has been mentioned and it has Eukor plastered down its side – but although I can track it from Korea – although not Ulsan – I cannot see anything mentioning Tilbury.</p>
    So think I will leave it until the middle of July before making more enquiries – there also seems to be differing reports on the wait time at Tilbury – I did wonder if queue jumping was an option to even out wait times – time will tell.

#188331 Reply
    glas67

@Tillyman it’s journey was;

Ulsan > Masan > Pyeongtaek.  It left Ulsan on 26th May.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/MORNING-CHANT-IMO-9663300-MMSI-538005333

#188334 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hope you are right – I am just keeping myself in check – can do with out more disappointment. – I know the Morning Chant has been mentioned and it has Eukor plastered down its side – but although I can track it from Korea – although not Ulsan – I cannot see anything mentioning Tilbury.</p> So think I will leave it until the middle of July before making more enquiries – there also seems to be differing reports on the wait time at Tilbury – I did wonder if queue jumping was an option to even out wait times – time will tell.

As your car was ordered late October and cars ordered in November and December, and I think even January are on the Morning Chant, logic would dictate that yours is too. I called Hyundai Customer Services on Monday and had a call back within 24 hour’s. They seem to have got their act together.

#188335 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Thank you glas67 and fwippers for update – maybe info supply gave me was correct, with the mid July date referring to the estimated date to dealer.  There seems to be mixed opinion on how long it is taking from unloading at Tilbury until arriving at dealership – but if it were before the end of July that would be great.

#188356 Reply
    Sigma

I have given up trying to track mine and have found that the dealer or motability  just do not seem to care.

We returned our Motability Seat Ateca last July, a test early as the only Driver was working abroad and there seemed little point in leaving it in the drive to rust and rot.

We ordered our Kona Electric Ultimate on 22 Nov 21, in anticipation of it arriving at the same time at the Driver returned to the UK and are notes being told that it will not arrive before 31 Aug 22.

Motability will not assist us with a Hire Car for medical appointments, shipping etc and so we are resigned to public transport.

Despite ordering our Ultimate in Nov, it appears that there are several people on this forum who ordered the same vehicle after us and have been told that their car is already at sea.

Dealer is clueless.

#188363 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Sorry to learn about your situation sigma – it must be very frustrating.

I was told my car was built in February – tho there appears to be a loose definition of built!

I keep telling myself just wait until you get the call – it’s ready for collection – then I will see some comment or news on one of the forums and get sucked back into the guessing game.

I am fortunate – I still can drive and can get around for short distance with sticks.

I hope your situation is resolved soon!

#188373 Reply
    John Davies

Dealer called today to confirm car was at sea with a docking date at Tilbury of 30th June, and should be with me by 21st July, but hopefully earlier, that’s the first call I’ve had since ordering my car end of Nov 21

#188374 Reply
    Laura White

Hello All

Just wondered if those who were expecting their cars in April and May have actually had them yet?

#188364 Reply
    Capuchin

Having checked here I called supply and mine is on the same boat!

I feel sorry for the dealers, they have less information than we do. (And less accurate.)

its definitely a genuine Hyundai fault/quirk to be clueless on updates, not a motability related thing.

if I was a betting man, I’d bet yours is on the same ship as mine and fwippers.

#188380 Reply
    Sigma

What number do you call for Supply?

#188386 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

0800 981 981

#188417 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

I noticed the “Glovis Spring” was unloading at Tilbury yesterday with the “Grand Pavo” standing by at the mouth of the estuary to replace – it has now docked and presumably unloading today – does anyone know if they have a car on either of these – tho I still have no idea how long the wait is from unloading to the dealership, or even if it is done in unloading order.

#188418 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Normally the cars are at Tilbury for 2 weeks. Hyundai told me that additional features are fitted and activated , with the PDI and quality control also carried out. After a fortnight the cars are transported to dealers. There have been reports on other forum’s of this taking several weeks,  however two points. Hyundai have always been pessimistic rather than optimistic with delivery dates, and we have all be told around the middle of July. I think the 3rd week of July is looking realistic.

#188422 Reply
    Chris

My car is now at the uk port:)

#188429 Reply
    Chris

Should be at the dealer for the 12th of july

#188431 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Good news for you Chris – hope it gets to you sooner than later.

I ordered my ultimate, misty jungle light interior late October – what is your spec – might shine some light on how they are shipping.

Hopefully you are correct fwippers and we get our cars before August.

Interesting EV guide in this months which magazine – tho I suspect most of us prob no most of it – but still some interesting points.

#188451 Reply
    Sigma

Thanks for the Supply Number Fwippers.

I rang today and am waiting on a response.

#188469 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

You should have a response tomorrow.

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 737 total)
Reply To: The kona electric delivery time thread
Your information: